Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

1202122232426»

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 753
    Thanks for the responses all.
  • njhaley1 said:
    Crisis averted - they got back to me with my receipt and I was able to retrieve them.  
    Fantastic!
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 457
    edited September 26
    ST66483 said:
    One more question from an Ohana rookie. Do they do any outside the gate merch sales, or day before merch sales, or is it within the fest only? Thanks
    mrtsurt announced today that there would be early merch sales starting at 10 am. 

Pearl Jam in Dana Point California this weekend @theohanafest Early Merch opens at 10am on Friday.

Whoops super late to the show here, should have finished reading the thread. 

Agreed with gotthebottle, there always seems to be enough. 

Post edited by potnik on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    edited September 26
    can you bring a tote bag in?

what are the prices for food?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    edited September 26

https://support.ohanafest.com/hc/en-us/articles/5726842515348-What-is-the-bag-policy <-- bag policy

Food pricing wasn't too bad the few years I went. It's always OK stuff. I wish they'd bring in better vendors IMO. 

Here is the move, grab merch outside if you're staying nearby, take it back to your hotel. Then go to Apizza Doho OR Vibee, they've both within walking distance of the festival. 

Post edited by PSUS2H on
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618

Be ready for $15 cans of beer though....they WILL stop people from entering with bags that aren't approved. Clear only unless small size. That being said a few get through but if you don't want to go all the way back to car or throw out the tote, don't try to sneak it in. Food prices aren't as horrible as alcohol prices. 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599

Food has been ridiculously expensive the past couple of years.

I jumped on the waitlist for Sunday. Turns out my daughter has fall break next week, so we're in less of a rush to get back. Hope you manage to land Sunday tix. 
    edited September 26

Be ready for $15 cans of beer though....they WILL stop people from entering with bags that aren't approved. Clear only unless small size. That being said a few get through but if you don't want to go all the way back to car or throw out the tote, don't try to sneak it in. Food prices aren't as horrible as alcohol prices. 
    But if I buy a Glen Hanserd tshir do I have to carry it in my hand like a peasent all day then? Hmm. Outside merch would be tough. I live 10 kilometres away. well well. 

Or what does ”clear” means? I can bring a clear plastic bag?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,762
    Last time I went in 2021 a clear shoulder bag made things easier. Security appreciated the clear bag and really did not look too closely. The drinks onsite were weak and expensive. I was able to have a few Tito's nips hidden in the bag.
  • Anyone have a parking tip within reasonable walking distance? Hoping to get there early afternoon but have no idea what’s allowed or enforced. Appreciate any messages. Thanks. 

But if I buy a Glen Hanserd tshir do I have to carry it in my hand like a peasent all day then? Hmm. Outside merch would be tough. I live 10 kilometres away. well well. 

Or what does ”clear” means? I can bring a clear plastic bag?
    Read the KNOW BEFORE YOU GO from Ohana. It answers questions. The lockers have been available for booking for over a month, sometimes there may be some available day of shows
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    Anyone have a parking tip within reasonable walking distance? Hoping to get there early afternoon but have no idea what’s allowed or enforced. Appreciate any messages. Thanks. 
    what you are asking is possible with some persistence and luck
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • enddemenddem Posts: 67
    Question for the vets: can a locker hold a poster tube? The dimensions didn't look too promising. I'm thinking I'll buy outside at 10am and then haul one back to my car before the gates open. 
    Anyone have a parking tip within reasonable walking distance? Hoping to get there early afternoon but have no idea what’s allowed or enforced. Appreciate any messages. Thanks. 
    Read on Ohana page about the Dana Point or San Clemente trolley on weekends. 

Most of area is residential so be aware and respectful. Afternoon parking is a crap shoot
  • Thanks for the parking comments.  Maybe should have snagged the shuttle passes when available but hopefully will find a spot. 
    Thanks for the parking comments.  Maybe should have snagged the shuttle passes when available but hopefully will find a spot. 
    Just don't try too close, be willing to walk or check Dana Point trolley pick up and drop off
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    edited September 27
    Shout out to the dude I just saw with the Wyld Stallions t-shirt. You win the t-shirt game before the festival even starts.

Edit: I guess the festival has technically started.
    Post edited by kaw753 on
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 569

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 572
    Last year I went in at noon for Ohana and Ed just said hello. This year I decide to wait a little bit and I miss can’t keep. Oh well
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • Blair2424Blair2424 Earth Posts: 3
    I’m going to have an extra GA wristband tomorrow.  For the rest of the weekend.   Free.  I’m staying in San Clemente.   Message if you are interested.  
    edited 12:38AM
    Blair2424 said:
    I’m going to have an extra GA wristband tomorrow.  For the rest of the weekend.   Free.  I’m staying in San Clemente.   Message if you are interested.  
    Ill take it! am also in san clemente. Came from sweden! Ill pay for it. Cant PM on the mobile site(?) from what I can see…
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos at