Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
edited January 24 in The Porch

Good news: #OhanaFest will return to Doheny State Beach on September 27–29, 2024! Mark your calendars and we'll see you in Dana Point again soon! Sign up for SMS here: https://ohana.attn.tv/p/Xgr/general to be the first to know about the 2024 lineup, tickets, festival updates, and more.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    "New for 2024: ticket + hotel packages will be announced with the lineup this year! Stay tuned for those, or explore hotel rates now to take advantage of the best stays in Dana Point this fall."

Wonder what that line means? Are we getting the lineup before April now since its tied into the tix/lodging? 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,261
    And here I booked my hotel months ago. (I'm glad I picked the right weekend!)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    DopelessRmanticDopelessRmantic Little Rock, AR Posts: 3
    What do you think the chances are PJ plays? I bet they are pretty good.
    2003 OKC
    2014 Tulsa
    2021 Ohana Festival
    2022 Nashville
    2022 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
    2022 St. Louis
    2023 Chicago N1
    2023 Chicago N2
  • Options
    I think this is the year they get neil young...and dave matthews just announced a tour with no california dates
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Booked  a room at Homewood Suites Aliso Viejo for $273.  Seems like they boost their rates right after they get wind of the dates way before any announcements.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    I think this is the year they get neil young...and dave matthews just announced a tour with no california dates

They (DMB) announced their US dates yesterday, ending at the Gorge on 9/1. Then Bourbon and Beyond announced them as a September headliner today. Festivals could be their plan.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,243
    Rates already sky high.. yikes. Other destinations this year I suppose.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,237
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Booked  a room at Homewood Suites Aliso Viejo for $273.  Seems like they boost their rates right after they get wind of the dates way before any announcements.
    I’m probably not going this year but I booked there too just in case.  Booked a few weeks ago and the rate was basically what you have said.  Ultimately by now I think the hotels in the area have figured out the last weekend of September is a peak season for them.  In the early years of Ohana they hadn’t.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,402
    edited January 24
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    These rates have been high since last year Fest ended. Good to have family in the area. 
    Hotels know by now....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    There is an Ayres hotel a bit farther away for $197 + tax per night
  • Options

I'm gonna say pretty, pretty, pretty good. Folks already talking about Neil Young play @ Ohana Fest. If that happens, a MirrorBall Experience would be incredible! Being that this might be the year (fingers crossed) they reissue the vinyl record.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    demetrios said:

I'm gonna say pretty, pretty, pretty good. Folks already talking about Neil Young play @ Ohana Fest. If that happens, a MirrorBall Experience would be incredible! Being that this might be the year (fingers crossed) they reissue the vinyl record.
    How good would that be! Neil and PJ at Ohana with some Mirrorball. And a Mirrorball vinyl reissue. There is a God! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    ^ If that happens I’ll pay the exorbitant hotel rates to be there. This is undoubtedly such a cool festival, but on top of the other tour dates I’m planning, might be beyond the budget …  if it’s PJ w/Neil this becomes that ‘No Budget show’. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    It's going to happen for sure. We are paying for catering for a wedding 3 weeks after that date, so we are cutting way back on spending this year to pay for it. We are going to the rescheduled Indy show because we have the tickets already, but I am not planning on going to any other PJ shows this year, so of course they will be there with Neil this year.
  • Options
    It's going to happen for sure. We are paying for catering for a wedding 3 weeks after that date, so we are cutting way back on spending this year to pay for it. We are going to the rescheduled Indy show because we have the tickets already, but I am not planning on going to any other PJ shows this year, so of course they will be there with Neil this year.
    Well since everyone seems so sure about that I added another night to my reservation! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    I’d be surprised if PJ played Ohana this year because they are already playing so many other shows this year, including several west coast dates (assuming the rumors are correct). I’m calling Ed solo, Neil Young, and RHCP as the headliners. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    steven87 said:
    I’d be surprised if PJ played Ohana this year because they are already playing so many other shows this year, including several west coast dates (assuming the rumors are correct). I’m calling Ed solo, Neil Young, and RHCP as the headliners. 
    Those are all pretty elderly headliners though. Gotta have a least one younger band in there. 
  • Options
    I feel like Jason Isbell is due up at some point. Don’t know if he has overlap this year.
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    Those are all pretty elderly headliners though. Gotta have a least one younger band in there. 
    We’re all getting old! 

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    edited January 25
    I feel like Jason Isbell is due up at some point. Don’t know if he has overlap this year.
    His website only lists shows up to August 17th, so it is possible. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    steven87 said:
    We’re all getting old! 
    I know! Which is why I like to see some of the younger bands at Ohana and our Millennial kids will also come with. 
  • Options
    steven87 said:

If Neil Young play's Ohana this year, plus Jack Irons & Pearl Jam comes back for another jam .. a Mirrorball experience under the stars will totally happen that weekend!
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 793
    Still calling Noah Kahan or Zach Bryan with Neil Young another night.. Then EV
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    steven87 said:
    Unlikely PJ this year.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Heart just announced a tour that could easily end with an ohana appearance 
  • Options
    jninejnine Posts: 43
    Green Day Sunday night. They're ending their tour in San Diego the night before. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    He's playing Wilco's Solid Sound Festival in June. (I'm not saying this means he would or wouldn't play Ohana, just noting the fact.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options

The only place we want to be right now
    Quinn Tucker

• Options
    MD100513MD100513 Posts: 2
    It's time that Kings of Leon come back for the show they had to unfortunately postpone.  Also the Black Keys should be on the short list as they cancelled the Ohana Encore and they were on it along with Alanis Morrisette.  Neil Young strong possiblity as there will be at least one older act, which actually have been some of the best the previous years with Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders.  Long Shot..Springsteen.
  • Options