St. Paul bag policy

Can anyone tell me how stringent Xcel Energy Center is on the bag policy. My wife is not too happy about the 6x4 bag restriction. Thanks for any information as we are attending St. Paul Night 2. 

Comments

• jromejrome Posts: 69
    No bag bring purse. Real easy
  • jrome said:
    No bag bring purse. Real easy
    It says on the Xcel Energy Center website under "Bag Policy" that, "Bags, purses and backpacks are not allowed. Clutch, wristlet and wallets sized 4"x6"x1.5" or smaller are allowed and subject to inspection." My question is, How stringent was the Xcel Energy Center on the 4x6x1.5 inch dimension. With that dimension a women can't fit much when it's that time of the month, if you know what I am saying, other than a phone. 

https://www.xcelenergycenter.com/events/detail/pearl-jam-1
  • Can anyone tell me how stringent Xcel Energy Center is on the bag policy. My wife is not too happy about the 6x4 bag restriction. Thanks for any information as we are attending St. Paul Night 2. 
    Strange experience for sure... my wife had a purse sling, was asked several times if the bag was a medical bag  on several occasion which prompted her to say no... kept on repeating the same question, "Is this a medical bag?" - she then said "Yes, it's a medical bag"... they then continued to put it pass through the xray cam...

I thought it was trivial, could have just put the purse througu the machine rather opting to play 20 questions first 😅
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    They have a bag check if needed. $10
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    They were really strict. Security came through the line several times and told a lot of women that they couldn’t bring the purses they were carrying in. I measured mine before I left and it was fine. One security guy kept telling people to look at my bag because it couldn’t be any bigger than that. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    They were really strict. Security came through the line several times and told a lot of women that they couldn’t bring the purses they were carrying in. I measured mine before I left and it was fine. One security guy kept telling people to look at my bag because it couldn’t be any bigger than that. 
    Thanks this is helpful. My wife found something that we are hopeful will work. Just big enough to hold her phone and cards. 
  • ReleaseMe said:
    Can anyone tell me how stringent Xcel Energy Center is on the bag policy. My wife is not too happy about the 6x4 bag restriction. Thanks for any information as we are attending St. Paul Night 2. 
    Strange experience for sure... my wife had a purse sling, was asked several times if the bag was a medical bag  on several occasion which prompted her to say no... kept on repeating the same question, "Is this a medical bag?" - she then said "Yes, it's a medical bag"... they then continued to put it pass through the xray cam...

I thought it was trivial, could have just put the purse througu the machine rather opting to play 20 questions first 😅
    Are you sure this isn't a medical bag, wink, wink!  ;)