• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,453
    Mercury said:
    SHZA said:
    danofun said:
    Kwieneke said:
    danofun said:
    PJammin said:
    Damnit - all this negative lawn discussion is now raising my anxiety in my quest to find a pavilion seat and get out of the lawn. 
    19 days until the show. Plenty of Premiums that'll become standards if we don't cave. Be persistent and you'll no doubt be in the pavilion. 
    so inspirational. im BACK in 

When we did the 2022 Camden alerts, the thread had 613 comments. The thread was opened 143 days before the show yet 360 (58.7%) of those comments were made in the 48 hours prior to show time. Plans change. Pack the pavilion!
    So true. It was fast and furious those last few days. I scored PIT while in the uber on the way to the venue 
    The kind of inspirational content I’m here for! Also, still enjoying my Charlotte 96 print very much my dude! Makes me happy seeing it on my wall each and every day! 
    One of the best! I do the same with mine. Glad you're enjoying it! 

• Options
    chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 644
    Not sure if this was covered previously, but if you get to the checkout page and you are the one that has the tickets "locked" you will get them regardless of how fast you are on that page. My proof:

Saw a pair of F2F tickets. Had both my phone and laptop going. Both were on checkout page. Tried to checkout with laptop. Got the error occurred message. Figured I had missed out yet again. After more than a minute, realized I still had checkout page open on phone. Put in my CC, etc and was able to checkout and got the tickets. This was well after I got the error on my laptop.
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    Not sure if this was covered previously, but if you get to the checkout page and you are the one that has the tickets "locked" you will get them regardless of how fast you are on that page. My proof:

Saw a pair of F2F tickets. Had both my phone and laptop going. Both were on checkout page. Tried to checkout with laptop. Got the error occurred message. Figured I had missed out yet again. After more than a minute, realized I still had checkout page open on phone. Put in my CC, etc and was able to checkout and got the tickets. This was well after I got the error on my laptop.
    Not sure if this is true. I think you just got lucky 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 807
    sfrduder said:

👆
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066

you got lucky...not the way it works
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    sfrduder said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I am 95% sure. I have missed out on SOOO many tickets that I had in my cart. Not just this tour, but prior ones. I know how fast they go, and there is zero chance these pavilions would have survived the minutes I had them on my phone. Sure, could have been some weird fluke, but I tend to think not.
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 807
    sfrduder said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I am 95% sure. I have missed out on SOOO many tickets that I had in my cart. Not just this tour, but prior ones. I know how fast they go, and there is zero chance these pavilions would have survived the minutes I had them on my phone. Sure, could have been some weird fluke, but I tend to think not.
    regardless, congrats on the score!
  • Options
    danofun said:
    sfrduder said:

regardless, congrats on the score!
    Thanks. Oh, and I also have a single pavilion that I will likely be dropping in the next couple of days. Will post it here before I do.
  • Options
    sfrduder said:

I've never heard of anyone else leisurely going through the checkout process and actually scoring on F2F. Are you sure they weren't standard tickets (which have a timer)? 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

I've never heard of anyone else leisurely going through the checkout process and actually scoring on F2F. Are you sure they weren't standard tickets (which have a timer)? 
    Yes, they were F2F. I think the issue here is that everyone is fast to get to the checkout page. They then (wrongly) assume that they didn't get them because they weren't fast enough to check out. The reality is (imo) that they actually weren't fast enough to GET to the check out page, and there is nothing they could do about it.

I have had at least a dozen Noblesville tickets in my cart that I couldn't check out with. I have always been very fast to enter CC etc. I am telling you it was a good 2 minutes before I checked out on my phone. I had already been complaining to my wife that I missed again. It was only out of frustration that I even bothered to complete it on my phone.

My qualifications for the above: computer programmer.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

Yes, they were F2F. I think the issue here is that everyone is fast to get to the checkout page. They then (wrongly) assume that they didn't get them because they weren't fast enough to check out. The reality is (imo) that they actually weren't fast enough to GET to the check out page, and there is nothing they could do about it.

I have had at least a dozen Noblesville tickets in my cart that I couldn't check out with. I have always been very fast to enter CC etc. I am telling you it was a good 2 minutes before I checked out on my phone. I had already been complaining to my wife that I missed again. It was only out of frustration that I even bothered to complete it on my phone.

Today alone I had tix in my cart several times, then entered cc info to be informed that someone else bought them

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

What were the seats you got and what did you have (single that will be released) ??
  • Options
    sfrduder said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

What were the seats you got and what did you have (single that will be released) ??
    I got SEC F Row V. My Single is in SEC F Row BB
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

When standard tickets go to a cart, anyone else who tries to cart the tickets gets an error message "sorry another fan beat you" and can't even get to the checkout page. If that's how F2F works as well, why wouldn't the same thing happen? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,006

I am curious what the error occurred message was initially on your laptop. I think if its an error that has to do with a CC payment issue it actually comes up for others that the ticket is sold for a few seconds. This happened to me for AUS GA. I got an odd error I have not seen before. Got it again. I went on my wife's phone at the same time and it said the ticket was sold. I tried one more time with my wife's phone and it went through. 

There is also a chance the error had something to do with having two devices carting tickets with the same account. 
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,222
    scootiep7 said:
    joseph33 said:
    Does anybody else keep getting an error message at the checkout?
    Yep. Can't get anything. Different error messages but no luck 
    Do you keep seeing singles and not pairs for lawn like I am?
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

When standard tickets go to a cart, anyone else who tries to cart the tickets gets an error message "sorry another fan beat you" and can't even get to the checkout page. If that's how F2F works as well, why wouldn't the same thing happen? 
    That has not been my experience at all. I have bought at least 50 F2F tickets since the 2020 F5 days. 

“Another fan beat you to it” is when you aren’t even close. The ticket has been bought already. Multiple people can get to the cart page until it’s bought. But only one of them is able to check out.  And it doesn’t have to do with how fast you check out. That’s my hill and I’m willing to die on it…

you will see the “another fan” if you randomly check the page and a ticket looks available. The cart ones happen when you see the tickets pop up between refreshes. That means you are close. But only the first person will lock the ticket. If that person abandons the cart then someone else may be enable to check out. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I am curious what the error occurred message was initially on your laptop. I think if its an error that has to do with a CC payment issue it actually comes up for others that the ticket is sold for a few seconds. This happened to me for AUS GA. I got an odd error I have not seen before. Got it again. I went on my wife's phone at the same time and it said the ticket was sold. I tried one more time with my wife's phone and it went through. 

There is also a chance the error had something to do with having two devices carting tickets with the same account. 
    Nope. I’ve bought tons of F2F on this tour with the same card. The error is always the same one I get when some other jerk beats me to the ticket…

The two devices isn’t the issue.

People think that F2F is first come first serve on the checkout because everyone that wins is so fast. But they are fast on adding to cart too which is where it matters. The speed of checkout is a red herring. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

That has not been my experience at all. I have bought at least 50 F2F tickets since the 2020 F5 days. 

“Another fan beat you to it” is when you aren’t even close. The ticket has been bought already. Multiple people can get to the cart page until it’s bought. But only one of them is able to check out.  And it doesn’t have to do with how fast you check out. That’s my hill and I’m willing to die on it…

you will see the “another fan” if you randomly check the page and a ticket looks available. The cart ones happen when you see the tickets pop up between refreshes. That means you are close. But only the first person will lock the ticket. If that person abandons the cart then someone else may be enable to check out. 
    So what you are saying is if I go cart something in STP night 1 that has not sold and has been there for awhile, and you come in 30 seconds later and try to purchase the same ticket you think it will give you an error? I do not think that will happen. I think the sale will go through on your end. 

Edit: I am not saying we actually do this as the risk of eating tickets would not be worth the trial imo. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

So what you are saying is if I go cart something in STP night 1 that has not sold and has been there for awhile, and you come in 30 seconds later and try to purchase the same ticket you think it will give you an error? I do not think that will happen. I think the sale will go through on your end. 

Edit: I am not saying we actually do this as the risk of eating tickets would not be worth the trial imo. 
    We should test this with some Lawn tix
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

Something like that would work for sure since it would be a guarantee sell. Except it would have to be at a slow time where you could guarantee you were the first to cart and the second person coming in later to actually purchase would have no competition either. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

Something like that would work for sure since it would be a guarantee sell. Except it would have to be at a slow time where you could guarantee you were the first to cart and the second person coming in later to actually purchase would have no competition either. 
    The other test could be to wait 30 seconds or more after carting at a busy time and see if you still get the tickets when finishing checkout, understanding that you may not have been the first to cart, but if you are able to complete, it supports this theory
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

The other test could be to wait 30 seconds or more after carting at a busy time and see if you still get the tickets when finishing checkout, understanding that you may not have been the first to cart, but if you are able to complete, it supports this theory
    Maybe thats whats going with that single lawn right now everyone is getting an error on. Carted for hours lol
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

Maybe thats whats going with that single lawn right now everyone is getting an error on. Carted for hours lol
    Lol
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

Ghost tickets are a whole other thing…
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

I agree that for F2F tickets, “another fan beat you to it “ means you weren’t close. I’m talking about STANDARD, not resale. The type of tickets that give you a timer when it’s in your cart. If someone else tries to add tickets that are in a standard cart, they’ll get the “another fan” message and cannot proceed to checkout. If F2F gives the same type of lock to the first to cart as you say, why doesn’t it give the “another fan” message from the jump like standard does? Why let others go to checkout if they have no chance?
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    sfrduder said:

I agree that for F2F tickets, “another fan beat you to it “ means you weren’t close. I’m talking about STANDARD, not resale. The type of tickets that give you a timer when it’s in your cart. If someone else tries to add tickets that are in a standard cart, they’ll get the “another fan” message and cannot proceed to checkout. If F2F gives the same type of lock to the first to cart as you say, why doesn’t it give the “another fan” message from the jump like standard does? Why let others go to checkout if they have no chance?
    Because, computers. 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,088
    Kwieneke said:
    We were at the Snoop show which probably wasn't as packed as Dead but I remember the front of the lawn had no separation whatsoever. Deer Creek is usually pretty big on making people stay out of the aisles, etc., but they were not clearing people at all even in the pavilion. I thought that was strange. Definitely different than what I'm used to there. People were in the pavilion aisles and staff were walking right around them.

It does seem like they will oversell the lawn this year. Maybe that's why...if they clear the aisles on the lawn that pushes a few thousand people onto the grass.
    same situation at matchbox 20 a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe all the people on the lawn and it was spilling down into the aisle between the pavilion and lawn as well 
    I've been coming to Deer Creek for years now and they've never been great about keeping people where they below. At least compared to all of the other venues I have visited. But, they also don't crack down on most of the other rules as well.
    Maybe it's because they are outnumbered 500 to 1?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    BSully said:
    Kwieneke said:
    We were at the Snoop show which probably wasn't as packed as Dead but I remember the front of the lawn had no separation whatsoever. Deer Creek is usually pretty big on making people stay out of the aisles, etc., but they were not clearing people at all even in the pavilion. I thought that was strange. Definitely different than what I'm used to there. People were in the pavilion aisles and staff were walking right around them.

It does seem like they will oversell the lawn this year. Maybe that's why...if they clear the aisles on the lawn that pushes a few thousand people onto the grass.
    same situation at matchbox 20 a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe all the people on the lawn and it was spilling down into the aisle between the pavilion and lawn as well 
    I've been coming to Deer Creek for years now and they've never been great about keeping people where they below. At least compared to all of the other venues I have visited. But, they also don't crack down on most of the other rules as well.
    Maybe it's because they are outnumbered 500 to 1?
    disagree....last year they were constantly moving people out of the aisles for sure. They actually threatened to kick a guy out for repeated violations.