*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Wouldn’t take the call cause he’s a democrat and your husband was a republican? You are the problem. 
    Her husband’s head was just blown off in front of her and her daughters. She doesn’t want to speak to a guy about it who she doesn’t plan on voting for. Give her a break.
    he was calling to offer condolences. she did not take the call because her husband would not want it. sounds kind of stupid to me. like she can't think for herself or something. but watch her end up on stage at a trump rally in a few weeks.
    Yes, and she didn’t bash Biden or blame him in any way. Just had no desire to speak with him. No big deal.

If Trump called you to offer condolences would you take the call? She’s not a Biden supporter and didn’t want to talk to him, wasn’t mean about. Don’t see the issue here. Leave her be, she had her husband’s brain matter splattered over her.
    actually i would take the call. because i am an adult that understands a president taking time out of their busy day to call me, they are worthy of 30 seconds of my time. 

you say no big deal. in the above terms it is a big deal, and the fact that she did not take the call because her husband is a republican reeks of immaturity. i have respect for the office. not the person holding it.

i guess someone has to be the contrarian on this.. might as well be you i suppose.
    May as well. I just think she deserves to be left alone and not judged after what happened. Some people seem more angry at her for not taking a call than the shooter for killing her husband. No one said the shooter is what’s wrong with this country, but at least one was quick to give her that label for not taking a call. That doesn’t strike you as out of balance?
    I don’t know how I’d act. I’d like to think I’d take a president’s call no matter who it was. But let her mourn the way she wants to. She’s not doing any harm.
    You honestly think people here think the grieving wife of a murdered husband is more wrong with America than yet another while male attempting another mass shooting? Seriously? Have you not seen the gun threads? Pretty sure that issue has been covered to death.

And there is nothing wrong with pointing out odd behavior from this woman...and it is not affecting her ability to grieve the way she wants in any way shape or form. I sincerely doubt she's on this forum. 
    No, I don’t actually think anyone is more angry at her. I just don’t recall anyone saying people like the shooter are what’s wrong with America and choose to say that about the widow of the shooter’s victim instead. Just seems odd to project the anger on her. Although I don’t think anyone here actually holds that belief. 
    you don't think anybody here holds that belief, then why did you waste the time typing said belief out? you say one opinion, and then you say "but i don't think anybody here actually holds that belief."

maybe i am used to more progressive women. you know, the kind that actually think for themselves and act for themselves instead of acting in a way that might offend their now deceased husband. the latter is extremely weird to me. but then the entire maga cult is weird to me. 
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Wouldn’t take the call cause he’s a democrat and your husband was a republican? You are the problem. 
    Her husband’s head was just blown off in front of her and her daughters. She doesn’t want to speak to a guy about it who she doesn’t plan on voting for. Give her a break.
    he was calling to offer condolences. she did not take the call because her husband would not want it. sounds kind of stupid to me. like she can't think for herself or something. but watch her end up on stage at a trump rally in a few weeks.
    Yes, and she didn’t bash Biden or blame him in any way. Just had no desire to speak with him. No big deal.

If Trump called you to offer condolences would you take the call? She’s not a Biden supporter and didn’t want to talk to him, wasn’t mean about. Don’t see the issue here. Leave her be, she had her husband’s brain matter splattered over her.
    actually i would take the call. because i am an adult that understands a president taking time out of their busy day to call me, they are worthy of 30 seconds of my time. 

you say no big deal. in the above terms it is a big deal, and the fact that she did not take the call because her husband is a republican reeks of immaturity. i have respect for the office. not the person holding it.

i guess someone has to be the contrarian on this.. might as well be you i suppose.
    May as well. I just think she deserves to be left alone and not judged after what happened. Some people seem more angry at her for not taking a call than the shooter for killing her husband. No one said the shooter is what’s wrong with this country, but at least one was quick to give her that label for not taking a call. That doesn’t strike you as out of balance?
    I don’t know how I’d act. I’d like to think I’d take a president’s call no matter who it was. But let her mourn the way she wants to. She’s not doing any harm.
    You honestly think people here think the grieving wife of a murdered husband is more wrong with America than yet another while male attempting another mass shooting? Seriously? Have you not seen the gun threads? Pretty sure that issue has been covered to death.

And there is nothing wrong with pointing out odd behavior from this woman...and it is not affecting her ability to grieve the way she wants in any way shape or form. I sincerely doubt she's on this forum. 
    No, I don’t actually think anyone is more angry at her. I just don’t recall anyone saying people like the shooter are what’s wrong with America and choose to say that about the widow of the shooter’s victim instead. Just seems odd to project the anger on her. Although I don’t think anyone here actually holds that belief. 
    you don't think anybody here holds that belief, then why did you waste the time typing said belief out? you say one opinion, and then you say "but i don't think anybody here actually holds that belief."

maybe i am used to more progressive women. you know, the kind that actually think for themselves and act for themselves instead of acting in a way that might offend their now deceased husband. the latter is extremely weird to me. but then the entire maga cult is weird to me. 
    It's just the irony of it all to me. Here's Donald Trump who once said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any votes. 8 years later one of the members of his own political party shoots him and murders one of his supporters....the hatred and vitriol and divisiveness he's spewed for so long has come back to bite him in the ear. And, yet, the wife of the slain maga remains devout to Trump, just like her husband, refusing to even accept condolences from the sitting president, yet finds the time for an interview with some sleazebag newspaper from New York. 

Sad state of affairs we find ourselves in, folks.
    www.myspace.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I said “seems like….” Which, to me anyway, implies I don’t actually believe it. Like when I tell  my wife “seems like I’m the only one who ever turns off lights in this house.” I just think people are making too big of a deal about the phone call. We’ll just have to disagree on that.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    edited July 17
    mickeyrat said:

I guess she'll get over it, by her husbands own words:

https://x.com/songadaymann/status/1812899511104381337

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,013
    edited July 17
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    agreed
    www.myspace.com
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

kind of a weird explanation.

"my husband, who is now deceased, was a republican and he would not look kindly, from the afterlife, mind you, if i took a phone call from a democratic president expressing sympathy for my loss, which was literally my husband."
    this quote is just beyond odd to me, denying an offer of sympathy because of political affiliation. from the President no less.  cult like really.

It's a bit odd but I also don't want to tell a grieving widow how to handle herself right now, particularly when she did not jump on the blaming Biden option.

But it might be worth the rest of us noting that evil Joe reached out to her while the man her husband more or less died for did not.

Trump planning to attend funeral for firefighter killed by gunman at his rally in Butler

Corey Comperatore died after shielding his family from the gunfire at the rally, which injured Trump and two attendees

By Nicholas Ballasy
    Published: July 17, 2024 2:37pm

Former President Trump is reportedly planning to attend funeral for firefighter killed by gunman at his rally in Butler, Pa. on Saturday.

Corey Comperatore died after shielding his family from the gunfire at the rally, which injured Trump and two attendees.

The funeral takes place on Friday, the day after the conclusion of the GOP convention.

“He was very kind and said he would continue to call me in the days and weeks ahead,” Helen Comperatore wrote of Trump on Facebook.

“I told him the same thing I told everyone else. He left this world a hero and God welcomed him in. He did not die in vain that day.”

GoFundMe setup for Comperatore has raised more than $1.2 million. Recording artist Kid Rock and UFC CEO Dana White donated $50,000.

CBS is reporting that Trump did not even require stitches on his ear.

Huge weird bandage though!
    www.myspace.com
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

"my husband, who is now deceased, was a republican and he would not look kindly, from the afterlife, mind you, if i took a phone call from a democratic president expressing sympathy for my loss, which was literally my husband."
    this quote is just beyond odd to me, denying an offer of sympathy because of political affiliation. from the President no less.  cult like really.

It's a bit odd but I also don't want to tell a grieving widow how to handle herself right now, particularly when she did not jump on the blaming Biden option.

But it might be worth the rest of us noting that evil Joe reached out to her while the man her husband more or less died for did not.

Trump planning to attend funeral for firefighter killed by gunman at his rally in Butler

Corey Comperatore died after shielding his family from the gunfire at the rally, which injured Trump and two attendees

By Nicholas Ballasy

Former President Trump is reportedly planning to attend funeral for firefighter killed by gunman at his rally in Butler, Pa. on Saturday.

Corey Comperatore died after shielding his family from the gunfire at the rally, which injured Trump and two attendees.

The funeral takes place on Friday, the day after the conclusion of the GOP convention.

“He was very kind and said he would continue to call me in the days and weeks ahead,” Helen Comperatore wrote of Trump on Facebook.

“I told him the same thing I told everyone else. He left this world a hero and God welcomed him in. He did not die in vain that day.”

GoFundMe setup for Comperatore has raised more than $1.2 million. Recording artist Kid Rock and UFC CEO Dana White donated $50,000.

One guy called without any fan fair. Another guy requires a big photo op at a funeral. 
    www.myspace.com
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

One guy called without any fan fair. Another guy requires a big photo op at a funeral. 

How do you know that President Trump didn't call her before Joe's people did?

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,408
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

Because she said so? After she spoke with Biden she confirmed that she had not heard anything from tRump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

Because she said so? After she spoke with Biden she confirmed that she had not heard anything from tRump.

Mrs. Comperatore said the following about President Trump:

She never even talked to Joey...

What don't you understand?

shecky said:
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

Mrs. Comperatore said the following about President Trump:

She never even talked to Joey...

What don't you understand?

my god...Biden called her Sunday. She refused to talk to him...at that time she told a reporter that she hadn't heard from anyone in the tRump world.

Educate yourself.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

shecky said:
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

But you just said "After she spoke with Biden". That didn't happen.
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:

By Nicholas Ballasy

But you just said "After she spoke with Biden". That didn't happen.
    yeah so "after Biden attempted to speak to her and she wouldn't speak to him because she's a magat" then she indicated that tRump had not reached out to her.

Who could have predicted this?

maga

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-vance-wife-attacks-maga-trump-running-mate-1926194

MAGA Makes Racist Attacks Against JD Vance's Wife

Extremist figures and members of the Make America Great Again movement have criticized the wife of Ohio Senator JD Vance after former President Donald Trump named him as his running mate in the 2024 election.

Usha Vance, the daughter of Indian immigrants, was raised in San Diego before meeting her husband at Yale Law School. They were married in 2014 and later blessed by a Hindu pundit in a separate ceremony, The New York Times reported.

In the wake of Trump's vice presidential announcement on Monday, numerous conservative and far-right figures have taken to social media to launch racist attacks against Usha Vance because of her Indian heritage and the assumption that her influence on her husband's political career means the Republican Party will be softer on immigration.

"I'm sure this guy is going to be great on immigration," Jaden McNeil, a far-right activist and the founder of America First Students, wrote on X, formerly Twitter, while sharing a picture of the Vances with their newborn baby.

JD and Usha Vance
    Ohio Senator JD Vance and his wife, Usha Vance, looking on as he is nominated for the office of vice president on the first day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum in... More ANNA MONEYMAKER/GETTY IMAGES

Nick Fuentes, a white supremacist who visited Trump at his Mar-a-Lago home along with rapper Kanye West in November 2022, suggested that Vance would not be a "defender of white identity" because of his wife's Indian heritage.

The Bulletin
    Your Morning Starts Here
    Begin your day with a curated outlook of top news around the world and why it matters.
     I want to receive special offers and promotions from Newsweek
    By clicking on SIGN ME UP, you agree to Newsweek's Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.You may unsubscribe at any time.

"Who is this guy, really?" Fuentes said on his podcast. "Do we really expect that the guy who has an Indian wife and named their kid Vivek is going to support white identity?"

Vincent James Foxx, who was present at the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, wrote on X: "JD Vance gets tapped as VP and immediately there's a Hindu prayer at the RNC. Next we'll see Sen. Mike Lee and JD Vance team up to convince Trump to let in 10 million Indian immigrants. Green cards on diplomas!"

Conservative commentator Stew Peters wrote, "There is an obvious Indian coup taking place in the US right before our eyes," while sharing a screenshot of an article about the Vances' three children.

Saira Rao, a progressive activist and former Democratic congressional hopeful, also attacked Usha Vance on X.

"Usha Vance, the latest Indian American woman delighted to do the bidding of white supremacy. Who needs white women when brown ones are ready to serve," Rao wrote.

Newsweek contacted JD Vance's office for comment via email.

After graduating from Yale in 2013, Usha Vance worked as a clerk for Brett Kavanaugh, now an associate justice on the Supreme Court, when he served as an appeals court judge in Washington, D.C. She also worked as a law clerk to Chief Justice John Roberts.

Usha Vance went on to work as an attorney at Munger, Tolles and Olson, a prestigious law firm. She left the firm following Trump's announcement that her husband would be his new running mate.

"Usha has informed us she has decided to leave the firm," Munger, Tolles and Olson told the Associated Press. "Usha has been an excellent lawyer and colleague, and we thank her for her years of work and wish her the best in her future career."

Florida Representative Anna Paulina Luna was among the MAGA figures who praised Usha Vance as "extremely impressive."

"Mom of 3, met JD at Yale Law School, degrees from Yale and Cambridge, corporate litigator, clerked for Supreme Court justices," Luna wrote on X.

JD Vance's confirmation as the Republican Party's vice presidential nominee on Monday caps off a major rise that has seen the Hillbilly Elegy author move, in two years, from political novice to potentially in line for the presidency.

In his bestselling memoir, JD Vance praised his wife. "Even at my best, I'm a delayed explosion—I can be defused, but only with skill and precision," he wrote. "It's not just that I've learned to control myself but that Usha has learned how to manage me."

www.myspace.com
    I'm still surprised magats gave Melania a break.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    Why wouldn’t they? She’s white and they’ve seen her nekked. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

i'm surprised they didn't think less of her for not wanting to deal with the "fahking creasemoose decorations" again that one year.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    i'm surprised they didn't think less of her for not wanting to deal with the "fahking creasemoose decorations" again that one year.
    The fake Christians all identified with that. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I mean...did they not have a porn star speak the other night?
    www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,013
    I mean...did they not have a porn star speak the other night?
    Their choice for president is an adjucated sexual offender… not to mention his connections to a child sex trafficking ring. 

Remember when conservatives pretended to care about pedophiles? Those were the days. 
    my god can you imagine how the magats would have reacted to Jill Biden or Michelle Obama going that route?

my god can you imagine how the magats would have reacted to Jill Biden or Michelle Obama going that route?
    I didn’t remember that quote, so I just looked it up.
    She said “"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

And she’s kinda right. I can’t recall any time I’ve ever paid attention to the White House Christmas decor. Who really cares? The only Christmas related thing I can think of was that really weird video the Bidens released a couple years ago, and people only talked about it because it was bad. No good publicity comes from Christmas at the White House.

But I agree, definitely a bad look to get caught saying that, even if it’s true.
    edited July 18
    mace1229 said:
    She said “"I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

And she’s kinda right. I can’t recall any time I’ve ever paid attention to the White House Christmas decor. Who really cares? The only Christmas related thing I can think of was that really weird video the Bidens released a couple years ago, and people only talked about it because it was bad. No good publicity comes from Christmas at the White House.

But I agree, definitely a bad look to get caught saying that, even if it’s true.
    What else did she have to do other than hide her affairs from the public?

She was the worst first lady in history. I appreciate her position as a paid sidekick but christ what a worthless human being.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    mace1229 said:

With all of the effort by the right wing to de-Americanize Barrack Obama, you don't think for one second that the right wing would have lost their minds had Michelle said THAT? Michelle Obama hates Christmas??  How much more un-American and Muslim can one get?
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

With all of the effort by the right wing to de-Americanize Barrack Obama, you don't think for one second that the right wing would have lost their minds had Michelle said THAT? Michelle Obama hates Christmas??  How much more un-American and Muslim can one get?
    I’m sure there would have been. Just saying she’s not wrong though.
    mace1229 said:

how'd i know you would be the one to leap in to defend what she said?

the republicans have a monopoly on christmas. everything is always a war on christmas. the first lady shits all over christmas decorations and says how she really feels and you miss the irony. if this had been jill biden, hillary clinton, or michelle obama the gop would have lost their collective shit.