Options

Chris Driedger's new goaltender mask for the Seattle Kraken

Comments

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 569
    Well it looks like I have a new favorite goalie.That's badass.
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    Well it looks like I have a new favorite goalie.That's badass.
    Yup! A young man who knows his music! Whoever did that artwork did an awesome job .
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    holy shit that's awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    Pretty cool.  Flyers' Carter Hart has Foo Fighters on his mask this year.  See below

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,290
    Like when Henrik Lundqvist had Eddie on his mask
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    I think it is pretty bad-ass - love it!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    edited December 2022
    Kraken goalie Driedger pays tribute to Nirvana, Pearl Jam on new mask
    Veteran gives nod to Seattle's legendary grunge scene with likeness of Vedder, Cobain

• Options

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    Love that you can read the “pro choice” on Ed arm
  • Options

– Sir Mix-a-Lot and Heart?!

The Kraken has the best goal song in the NHL; “Lithium” by Nirvana. Goaltender Chris Driedger has pictures of Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain on it. It looks amazing! The musical entertainment was Sir Mix-a-Lot and Heart, who are well past their prime.

Surely the NHL can do better than glorified carnival acts for next year’s Winter Classic.

Sir Mix-a-Lot was performing as the Golden Knights emerged from the dugout. Remember when Ivan Drago watched James Brown perform, “Living in America” before his fight with Apollo Creed? Replace Drago with the Golden Knights and James Brown with Sir Mix-a-Lot.

Jerry Cantrell, Pearl Jam, or Foo Fighters would have been better options. There would have been many better options than Heart and Sir Mix-a-Lot.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    demetrios said:

– Sir Mix-a-Lot and Heart?!

The Kraken has the best goal song in the NHL; “Lithium” by Nirvana. Goaltender Chris Driedger has pictures of Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain on it. It looks amazing! The musical entertainment was Sir Mix-a-Lot and Heart, who are well past their prime.

Surely the NHL can do better than glorified carnival acts for next year’s Winter Classic.

Sir Mix-a-Lot was performing as the Golden Knights emerged from the dugout. Remember when Ivan Drago watched James Brown perform, “Living in America” before his fight with Apollo Creed? Replace Drago with the Golden Knights and James Brown with Sir Mix-a-Lot.

Jerry Cantrell, Pearl Jam, or Foo Fighters would have been better options. There would have been many better options than Heart and Sir Mix-a-Lot.

I refuse to click the link as this guy sounds like a meathead