Celebrate 30 years of ‘Singles’ w/ Cameron & Kyra on the debut of ‘Soundtracking the '90's

On SiriusXM Demand now if you missed it. :)

Travel back to 1992, shortly after Seattle’s underground music scene blew up, and Nirvana’s Nevermind ended Michael Jackson’s reign atop the Billboard Charts. A time in which women donned floral dresses and Doc Martens while bearded, long-haired men wore cheap and loose striped sweaters. The grunge era is in full swing. And, perhaps, the best way to actually experience 1992 is by watching Cameron Crowe’s cult classic from the same year, Singles.

This September 18, the ensemble comedy turns 30. In honour of the anniversary, SiriusXM’s Lithium (Ch. 34) will broadcast an exclusive special about the legacy of the movie during the premiere of an all-new series, Soundtracking the ’90s. Hosted by Kat Corbett, the episode will feature Singles‘ double-platinum-selling soundtrack, plus commentary from Crowe and actress Kyra Sedgwick (who played Linda Powell). Tune in to the premiere on FridaySeptember 9th, at 12 pm ET and during the rebroadcast times below. After its debut, the entire episode will also be available on the SXM App.

In addition to Sedgwick, Singles featured notable appearances from Matt Dillon, Bridget Fonda, Campbell Scott, and Eric Stoltz. Some of the biggest names in grunge also made cameos, including Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell and more.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    edited September 2022
    Soundtracking The 90's 30th Anniversary of Singles SiriusXM Lithium Special MP3
    With Cameron Crowe & Kyra Sedgwick #SoundtrackingThe90s

Tracklist ..

Paul Westerberg - Waiting For Somebody
    R.E.M. - Radio Song
    Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
    Pearl Jam - Breath
    Pearl Jam - State Of Love And Trust
    Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
    Chris Cornell - Seasons
    Soundgarden - Birth Ritual
    Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
    Pixies - Dig For Fire
    Alice In Chains - Would?
    Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick
    Smashing Pumpkins - Drown
    Blood Circus - Six Food Under

Post edited by demetrios on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    fantastic soundtrack.  still play it at times.  movie pretty blah though...at least to me.
  • Great soundtrack. Good movie. 
    Totally worth the listen.

Wonder if Cameron Crow still has that airport vomit bag Ed wrote down the lyrics to State of Love and Trust? lol
  • How do I listen to this? As the link no longer works. There must be an archive on a cloud or CD somewhere? 
    How do I listen to this? As the link no longer works. There must be an archive on a cloud or CD somewhere? 

I'll help you out. :)
  • demetrios said:
    How do I listen to this? As the link no longer works. There must be an archive on a cloud or CD somewhere? 

link? i would love to hear cameron and kira talk about this!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2022
    I'll ping it to you @WindowPaine
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    demetrios said:

link? i would love to hear cameron and kira talk about this!
    Okie dokie.
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 456
    Any chance to listen to the interview when you’re outside of the US?
    axeljohan said:
    Any chance to listen to the interview when you’re outside of the US?

I'll hook you up! :) 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Great interview with Cameron Crowe on the Bill Simmons podcast this week. Lots of Singles and Almost Famous stuff. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

^ Thanks.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    DL link please? :innocent:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Great talk on that Bill Simmons podcast above. 

Wish he would make an Almost Famous 2. Eagles-style reunion in the 90s for Stillwater. Trying to navigate the music scene when Grunge is big etc. 

Wanting to meet Eddie Vedder at the hotel is the new wanting to meet David Bowie in the hotel.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 
    :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Great talk on that Bill Simmons podcast above. 

Wish he would make an Almost Famous 2. Eagles-style reunion in the 90s for Stillwater. Trying to navigate the music scene when Grunge is big etc. 

Wanting to meet Eddie Vedder at the hotel is the new wanting to meet David Bowie in the hotel.
    I would kill for an Almost Famous 2!! And you could really do it. Cameron has thought about it. Great podcast. 
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 

Sorry I couldn't this week. Will try again in a few days.
    edited November 2022
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 

No worries. Whenever you're free D :hang_loose:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 

demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 

GIFs of Bows Bowing People - Reverence Nodding on GIFs
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:

I'll try this week. 

GIFs of Bows Bowing People - Reverence Nodding on GIFs
     :)