Comments

• Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    I'd like anything of Billy's. ;)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Why, Billy? Why did you get an automatic tranny in an AMG Benz?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    can't get a manual in those.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Honestly it dosen't matter, if it has an AMG badge on it...it's awesome. The only Mercedes I like to be honest.

These are designed to be comfortable sports cars for extremely wealthy people If they wanted to shift they'd buy a Ferrari or a 911 turbo

I love the fact that Billy bought it used. Fiscally minded.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    billy's had a thing for mercedes ever since sp got big. i remember reading about him catching guff from the scene for having one back in the mid 90s.

and i believe these automatics have clutchless manual capability so it's not all bad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    billy's had a thing for mercedes ever since sp got big. i remember reading about him catching guff from the scene for having one back in the mid 90s.

and i believe these automatics have clutchless manual capability so it's not all bad.

It's really not your run of the mill boring elitist Mercedes.

It's a super elitist AMG. Really, it's awesome they drive totally different than the average boring E 55's but their still built strong and safe.

If I had the money I'd probably buy a Bimmer but that's just me.

It's cool either way, I forget the numbers but I think it's in the 5's 0-60 that's very quick for a big luxury coupe no matter what badge is on it.

Does this mean we're musicians and gearheads?

Geez if I were rich and famous I'd have a stable of cars right now. Paying some guy big bucks to make my Ferrari run 200 mph on Vegetable oil.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Screw the AMG, then... Ford GT!
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Screw the AMG, then... Ford GT!

Amen Brother. It's only about twice what they want for Corgan's car. It dosen't have the elitism involved with any of those other super cars either.

How about the new V 10 Shelby Cobra. Almost the same powerplant as the GT 40 nearly the same running gear in a roadster with 5 inches less body than a Mazda Miata.

620 HP in a Go Kart. Nice. Pero, no cup holders and no radio. Not that you could take your hands off the wheel for a second to mess with that if you had those things.

Oh, no vanity mirror either sorry MIG.
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Jimmy is a bigger car nut then Billy. We share the same mechanic and he is a nice guy. He drives a mans car an M5 :)
    AMG's are just OK in my book, too heavy, slush box only.

For the record, Porsche-There is no substitute!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    Mercedes are so womanly. All about security and fashion.

M5 theres a mans car. Stylish, comfortable yet still very much a drivers car.

and then there's the 911 Turbo :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Mercedes are so womanly. All about security and fashion.

I just went from a 2000 Dinan stage 5 540i 6 speed to a 2001 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo. The 911 is everything you would expect and more.
    I think the Benz is a great car for a woman :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • Options
    wow dude, and I directed you to a Mesa F-30. I should have said Road King with that kind of cash :) or Bogner for that matter.

I love BMW's absolutely wonderful drivers cars. It's really ashamed so many are wasted on dumb, trite, fake little snobby girls. Get with the program girls there are cars for you. Mercedes and Volvo.

I went to Porsche Atlanta the other day. They wouldn't speak to me untill I pointed out they had a flat on a 996 out in the lot. No ones buying a $100,000 car with flat tires.

I'll just stay out of the Ferrari/ Maserati lot aparently they don't get much business from Honda Accord owners.

Oh well, I've waxed polished and vaccumed the best of them.
  • Options
    wow dude, and I directed you to a Mesa F-30. I should have said Road King with that kind of cash :) or Bogner for that matter.

I love BMW's absolutely wonderful drivers cars. It's really ashamed so many are wasted on dumb, trite, fake little snobby girls. Get with the program girls there are cars for you. Mercedes and Volvo.

I went to Porsche Atlanta the other day. They wouldn't speak to me untill I pointed out they had a flat on a 996 out in the lot. No ones buying a $100,000 car with flat tires.

I'll just stay out of the Ferrari/ Maserati lot aparently they don't get much business from Honda Accord owners.

Oh well, I've waxed polished and vaccumed the best of them.

I am not worthy of the F30 let alone a Bogner :)
    BMWs are great cars, they have so much potential and I have never driven a more complete car. On the track they can definitly hold there own, on numerous ocasions my big 4000lb sedan was neck and neck with 911s, M3's and even highly modified Evos and Stis.
    I have never seen a market like the one we are in, anyone can negotiate wholsale pricing these days.
    You're not missing much at the ferrari lot anyway :), the Enzo is nice, but it should be for a million bucks. Cars should be driven and most owners of these cars just let them sit and collect dust.

If your ever in Chicago let me know!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• Options

I prefer the M3... not as cushy, more willing to be pushed.

The new Vette-powered Caddy is pretty promising.

The Shelby looks pretty promising, and may see production in 2006. "Closest thing to riding bare-backed on a big-block..."

How about the Saleen S7?
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I prefer the M3... not as cushy, more willing to be pushed.

The new Vette-powered Caddy is pretty promising.

The Shelby looks pretty promising, and may see production in 2006. "Closest thing to riding bare-backed on a big-block..."

How about the Saleen S7?

New Vette powered Catera :) is nice, but too late since the new M5 is going to be out in 12 months. Funny how Audi and the others are always chasing the old models from BMW. By the time they can compete BMW steps up the ante.

The m3 is fun, but the M5 is a hog. No comparison on the street, M5 all the way. On a track it depends on your skill as a driver.

Shelby will not make it to production, and if it does it wont look anything like the prototype.

Saleen S7, great car but for the money I would buy a true production car with customer support.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?