Options

FS: 1998 Ames Bros East Troy/Chicago poster

NINEv2NINEv2 Posts: 7
Hello everyone.  Yes, new member and first time poster... so hello!  And I have a poster to sell if anyone is interested.

Purchased on 6/29/98 at the UC, the poster is in very good condition.  Almost always stored flat (framed, though rolled for a short while many years ago) it is without fading, yellowing, tape or holes.  There is some light ruffling along the long edges, and some rubbing on the black areas from the frame.  I've done my best to show these in the attached photos and I'll be happy to provide more on request.  I'll also include the ticket stub from the show for authenticity but the stub isn't in great shape.  I'm asking $2,000 and I'll cover shipping and insurance.  Please PM or email me if you're interested. 

Also as I'm a newb I understand if some have misgivings and I'll be happy to chat via zoom to confirm this is legit and answer any other questions.

Comments

• Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Welcome to the forum!  That's a great poster.  You shouldn't have a problem selling that one.  Good luck with your sell.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I’ll trade you my Benaroya Hall set for it. That’s my holy grail! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    Every time I see the poster I recall exiting the venue after the show and noticing the very large stack in the foyer yet to sell.

😂
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Mattchew said:
    Welcome to the forum!  That's a great poster.  You shouldn't have a problem selling that one.  Good luck with your sell.
    Thanks!  I've heard about this community for years and never bothered to have a peek until I needed to unload this poster.  Looks like a healthy and positive group.  Though to confess I'm more of a rabid AIC fan myself :)
    I’ll trade you my Benaroya Hall set for it. That’s my holy grail! 
    Wish I could accommodate, need the moolah unfortunately.  The Benaroya Hall set is awesome too!
    100 Pacer said:
    Every time I see the poster I recall exiting the venue after the show and noticing the very large stack in the foyer yet to sell.

😂
    We had crap seats behind the stage and it's the only PJ concert I've been to, but god damn that was a great show.  Ed was wearing a Rodman Jersey IIRC...
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    Bumpitty
  • Options
    leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    edited June 2022
    100 Pacer said:

😂
    I thought the same thing in Indy that year...Why would someone buy that?  (I now have one framed and hanging on my basement wall)

leep
  • Options
    Bumpagin
  • Options
    jushooksjushooks Posts: 93
    I lost this one to a flood :(
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    One last bump for anyone interested.  Otherwise going up on the bay in about a week. 

Part of the proceeds will be donated to the Yellowstone Bighorn Research Association (YBRA) in Red Lodge, Montana. The YBRA https://ybra.org/ is a base camp/station devoted to geologic research and education.  The Yellowstone floods in June seriously affected downstream communities as we've seen on the news. The only access road to the YBRA campus crosses Rock Creek and the bridge was badly damaged in the flood. Engineers surveyed the bridge and determined it is fit for foot traffic only, no vehicles.  Because of the lack of access two groups have cancelled their stays and this loss of income will seriously hit the organization's finances.  Between the pandemic, last year's historic wildfires and this year's floods, the situation is not looking good.    

As a geologist I've been both a student and teacher at the YBRA. It's a first rate institution and unfortunately a quickly disappearing type of resource for local K-12 students and college students from all over the country and the world.  Hands on education opportunities aren't nearly as common as they once were and it would be a shame to lose such a unique and historic place.  I am not on the board or a decision maker but I am a member and a friend of the president... and if anyone is curious about the place visitors are welcome!  Once you can, y'know, drive up to the place.  Or you could hike the one mile and 700' up from the road too :)      
    Post edited by NINEv2 on
  • Options
    Did you sell it?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 894
    edited March 2023
    My wife has this shirt!
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Options
    Did you sell it?
    Unfortunately no, so it's still available.  Any takers?
  • Options
    NINEv2 said:
    Did you sell it?
    Send me a PM and we can talk more
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,750
    NINEv2 said:
    Did you sell it?
    Send me a PM and we can talk more
    Awesome!!! I hope this gets done. Chris is a great guy and does so much for so many others. As much as I want one of these, I just spent my extra cash on a grail item.

OP - good on you for donating this item for the betterment of the WY/MT areas.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Aw shucks! You all are pretty sweet. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Moving on dudes. Taking our girls to Disney this fall. Would rather spoil them than have it. I have my custom fridge magnet of the print and that will just have to do! 😎
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Price dropped to $1600
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,750
    @2-feign-reluctance this help any?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    @2-feign-reluctance this help any?
    Decided to use the money for a family vacation this fall. My girls are only little once, and I’m into making memories! 
    www.cluthelee.com