Olivia Vedder cover of Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You".....? Anybody else want to request it?? I do.

jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
Dear, Olivia Vedder

What a coincidence. We have the same birthday, June 11th, the astrological week of the seeker.

First, I just wanted to congratulate you. I think your debut performances on Flag Day soundtrack are incredible. I especially enjoy the duet featuring you and your father.

After listening to the soundtrack a few dozen times, I felt like a song request may possibly be appropriate... ?

Would you be willing to record and perform a cover of Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You," for all of your new fans?! Your voice has similar timbre and range as Hope Sandoval, so I was hoping....... really really hoping that maybe you would be inspired to reinvent her iconic song and record it. It would work fantastically; I promise.

Eddie, you agree with me...... right? I don't want to make an outright comparison, but she has Hope Sandoval's style and delivery down pat. Please talk it over with Curtis Management and see if they can imagine hearing the same thing I'm hearing in my head. Or, give me a call (or message) and I'll further explain the conceptual vision. Assemble a local string quartet, Stone on acoustic guitars, Mike on blues lead, have Matt do brushwork on the ride/snare and dampen the kick drum, with Jeff on upright bass. Do a few live studio takes, mix it on-the-fly like old Motown days, choose the best version, and press a limited 7 inch single for TC members!!

That is my Xmas wish for the upcoming year! Lots of love to The Vedder Family, Pearl Jam Family, Curtis Management, and the entire crew! I hope to see you in 2022!!

Sincerely and with humility,

John Moch

by: John Moch. -- Asheville, NC -- August 2017
Temple_Of_Belltown