Options

America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    edited June 2022
    nicknyr15 said:

Good guy with a gun....or bad guy? Who the fuck knows until the shooting starts?
    Man that is INSANE. My uncle is in England right now and the most commonly asked question he’s getting is “aren’t you scared of getting shot everyday?” 

WOW!

Insane is right.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Statistically, you're not very likely to get shot. That's not to say we should be OK with terror at a school or other public venue every day. But just about every American is more likely to die in a vehicle crash from a gun.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Legal open carry, automatics weapons legal to purchase, radical politician threatening to kill RINOs (Republican in name only).  What a grate on your nerves nation. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Good guy with a gun....or bad guy? Who the fuck knows until the shooting starts?
    Man that is INSANE. My uncle is in England right now and the most commonly asked question he’s getting is “aren’t you scared of getting shot everyday?” 
    It is insane. What if 20 armed idiots showed up walking around like that? Perfectly legal.
    We face a lot of problems here in NYC but man am I grateful to not have people walking around looking like Rambo. 
    2nd this^^^^
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

I don't and never will understand why you would walk around like this.

If you are inflicting fear in people then you should be arrested for something.  Never in a million years would I walk around w a Tactical weapon in public.  Stupid.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    edited June 2022

If you are inflicting fear in people then you should be arrested for something.  Never in a million years would I walk around w a Tactical weapon in public.  Stupid.
    These are the people that are ruining it for you....not the dems.

It just isn't a sustainable practice. But...in amurikkka we have to learn the hard way. 

edit: and my guess, if you were to ask the guy, is that he is just practicing his "freedumb"....he's allowed to do it so he will do it and no one can stop him
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

These are the people that are ruining it for you....not the dems.

It just isn't a sustainable practice. But...in amurikkka we have to learn the hard way. 

edit: and my guess, if you were to ask the guy, is that he is just practicing his "freedumb"....he's allowed to do it so he will do it and no one can stop him
    Believe me I know.  The whole "I'm a man" and "my rights" crap is nauseating.

When I read that they are "just practicing their amendment rights" I would ask them to look up on the Black Panthers and what happened when they were "practicing" it...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,782
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

I was outside a store last weekend and got in my car. My mind drifted for some reason to what if saw someone walking in the parking lot to the store and they had an AR15.  Should I run them over with my car in that situation if I could?  But what if they can legally carry a weapon and weren't going to shoot up the place, and now I'm the criminal instead of the hero?    Weird things to think about.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

I was outside a store last weekend and got in my car. My mind drifted for some reason to what if saw someone walking in the parking lot to the store and they had an AR15.  Should I run them over with my car in that situation if I could?  But what if they can legally carry a weapon and weren't going to shoot up the place, and now I'm the criminal instead of the hero?    Weird things to think about.  
    https://youtu.be/VYOjWnS4cMY
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967

yep...it's crazy

There are too many people with itchy trigger fingers to allow this bullshit. It's just a matter of time before the scenario you just pointed out will occur.

It reminds me of the armed forces recruiting center shooting several years ago. After that shooting these nuts showed up to the center and "guarded" it outside with their guns. As if the shooter that was already apprehended or killed was going to shoot it up again?

My first thought was that they just make themselves the target. I could easily walk up to an AR15 carrying hilljack and blast them in the head with my concealed weapon and then go about my spree.  They just don't see it that way.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

If they are carrying legally, I would suggest two things.
    1.  Drive away in the opposite direction from the person with the AR15 as quickly as safely possible.
    2.  Start looking for a new job and a home in another state that does not allow this kind of insanity.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    brianlux said:

1.  Drive away in the opposite direction from the person with the AR15 as quickly as safely possible.
    2.  Start looking for a new job and a home in another state that does not allow this kind of insanity.
    Throw in a 1a to call the police and that is a good list of things to do.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Throw in a 1a to call the police and that is a good list of things to do.

Good idea.  I'm not sure the cops could do anything in a case like that put their presence might at least be helpful. 

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We just watched a police pursuit of a stolen car. The guys finally stopped and so began the “walk backwards toward my voice” deal. All complied (three folks in the car) and the police had their weapons drawn.

Okay, so far so good. Standard shit. 

Then, the cops are talking to and looking at each other but still have their guns pointing.

It struck us as irresponsible. Either keep the gun drawn and focus on that, or chat with your fellow officers. 

Not both. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    because of course they would oppose it. i am so over the gop. there has never been another group of people that have 100% of the time been on the wrong side of issues for the last 50 years.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,782
    because of course they would oppose it. i am so over the gop. there has never been another group of people that have 100% of the time been on the wrong side of issues for the last 50 years.

doesnt matter. not one is needed to pass that in the house. Just meat for the meatheads....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

https://youtu.be/VYOjWnS4cMY
    "Guns in my area, I got the strap, I gotta carry em"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    there was a shooting at our travelling carnival (The Red River Exhibition) on Monday. My daughter is going tomorrow with some friends. I keep telling myself this was not random, it was a few teens that either knew each other, or got into some sort of altercation, but the fact that 15 and 17 year olds brought a loaded gun to the fair, shot another teen, got in a cab and sped away (but got caught later) has me a tad nervous. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    there was a shooting at our travelling carnival (The Red River Exhibition) on Monday. My daughter is going tomorrow with some friends. I keep telling myself this was not random, it was a few teens that either knew each other, or got into some sort of altercation, but the fact that 15 and 17 year olds brought a loaded gun to the fair, shot another teen, got in a cab and sped away (but got caught later) has me a tad nervous. 
    I'm amazed that people think that it's easy to get away with these types of actions?
  • Options
    I'm amazed that people think that it's easy to get away with these types of actions?
    being underage, I'm sure they eventually will get away with it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    A cab? Did they call it afterwards? Did they take the cab there and say "keep the meter running; just gotta go shoot someone quickly," or is the travelling carnival in a place that happens to be surrounded by a lot of cabs?

(Or by "cab" do you not mean taxicab?)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    A cab? Did they call it afterwards? Did they take the cab there and say "keep the meter running; just gotta go shoot someone quickly," or is the travelling carnival in a place that happens to be surrounded by a lot of cabs?

(Or by "cab" do you not mean taxicab?)
    those details haven't been released yet. I was wondering the same thing. I'd imagine there were cabs there waiting for fares, and they just jumped in. Generally in Winnipeg you have to call a cab unless it's a big event with lots of people then there will be some hanging around waiting for fares. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    being underage, I'm sure they eventually will get away with it. 
    The Keep em separated song is not factual, lol.

Courts here in the states hit juveniles hard w gun crimes and murders.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    Get ready for gun violence to surge in NYC and other places where concealed carry was previously restricted. Thanks SCOTUS. Can’t wait to to leave this heavily armed and scared country.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Get ready for gun violence to surge in NYC and other places where concealed carry was previously restricted. Thanks SCOTUS. Can’t wait to to leave this heavily armed and scared country.
    On NPR yesterday the legislators in NY and NJ are at the ready to introduce new laws if that happens.

Concealed carry isn't so bad.  The people whom do have it had to do a whole lot to get that permit.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,774
    ✌🏼

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    On NPR yesterday the legislators in NY and NJ are at the ready to introduce new laws if that happens.

Concealed carry isn't so bad.  The people whom do have it had to do a whole lot to get that permit.
    You’re comfortable with anyone who was previously legally able to purchase a gun in NY is now able to carry it concealed on their person and go about their day? I’m asking based on your “concealed carry isn’t so bad,” comment.

The paranoid, hot head who bought a gun legally 10 years ago for home protection and was previously law abiding prior to the original gun purchase, is now carrying out in public. I pitty the barista who gets his or her order wrong or the person sitting across from one of these new concealed carriers who has their firearm fall out their pants waist and discharge. 

Yea, I can totally see how “concealed carry isn’t so bad.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

You’re comfortable with anyone who was previously legally able to purchase a gun in NY is now able to carry it concealed on their person and go about their day? I’m asking based on your “concealed carry isn’t so bad,” comment.

The paranoid, hot head who bought a gun legally 10 years ago for home protection and was previously law abiding prior to the original gun purchase, is now carrying out in public. I pitty the barista who gets his or her order wrong or the person sitting across from one of these new concealed carriers who has their firearm fall out their pants waist and discharge. 

Yea, I can totally see how “concealed carry isn’t so bad.”
    Kinda like the Plaxico Burress case. I was not surprised the NRA did not make a peep about that one. Because his right to bear arms and be sloppy about it only didn't get someone killed through blind luck. (Oh, and he doesn't "look" like the image of a hard-working man just trying to defend himself, his family, and his property).
This discussion has been closed.