auto draft "feature" is a problem.......

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 17,006
edited February 17 in Technical Stuff and Help
is there a setting to turn this off ? if not , shouldnt there be or can there be?
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 9,016
    Not that I am aware of. Every now and then, I just have to do a draft dump. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • rollingsrollings unknownPosts: 7,080
    edited January 31
    Tell me the fuck about it Mickey. Yes, VANILLA forum, we effing know by now that the forum is saving drafts. There is no need to actively interrupt our posting every 19 seconds to remind us.

Also tell Eddie I hope he is enjoying what bad decisions you all are making to save $1,000 a year. 

Thoroughly , we do

@truth.com.whatever

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 17,006
    rollings said:
    Tell me the fuck about it Mickey. Yes, VANILLA forum, we effing know by now that the forum is saving drafts. There is no need to actively interrupt our posting every 19 seconds to remind us.

Also tell Eddie I hope he is enjoying what bad decisions you all are making to save $1,000 a year. 

Thoroughly , we do

@truth.com.whatever

I seem to have struck a nerve... 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 14,060
    mickeyrat said:
    is there a setting to turn this off ? if not , shouldnt there be or can there be?
    +1 on this. I don't mind a draft being saved but the constant interruptions telling me so are more trouble than they are worth. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    @kat @sea can this be looked into?

I'd like an answer to this please. this BULLSHIT function prevents further pasting after a draft has been saved.

The fact that we must have membership to post here means we pay to be here.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 14,060
    bump

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,230
    Yes, totally annoying. Sometimes I change my mind and decide not to post something, but even if I delete the draft and click save on a blank comment, the next time I come to a thread, the previous draft is there. This really messes me up when I newly quote something and then see my previous draft embedded in a new post. Imagine what that's like when there's 20 quotes in a post. On the mobile it's a nightmare. Because then you try to delete all the extra stuff and your cursor gets stuck inside the quoted material. Pain in the neck
  • SeaSea EarthPosts: 2,195
    Yes, totally annoying. Sometimes I change my mind and decide not to post something, but even if I delete the draft and click save on a blank comment, the next time I come to a thread, the previous draft is there. This really messes me up when I newly quote something and then see my previous draft embedded in a new post. Imagine what that's like when there's 20 quotes in a post. On the mobile it's a nightmare. Because then you try to delete all the extra stuff and your cursor gets stuck inside the quoted material. Pain in the neck

Are you deleting the draft from "My Drafts"? Is this happening on the mobile version or Full Site version on mobile.
    Thank you

• SeaSea EarthPosts: 2,195
    Is the pop-up notification happening more frequently? As in you've noticed a change?
    Thank you
    Good god (or good mod, in this case :smiley: ) the pop-up happens far too frequently. It takes a bit too long to go away and yes, we do a draft dump. 

It is draft saving every minute. Please make the madness stop. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,230
    Sea said:

Are you deleting the draft from "My Drafts"? Is this happening on the mobile version or Full Site version on mobile.
    Thank you

I just learned from reading this thread that I could do that in My Drafts  I never saw the Drafts link until yesterday. I can only delete the drafts on Full Site version from what I can tell so far. Usually I post from a laptop. 
    Sea said:
    Thank you
    I just learned from reading this thread that I could do that in My Drafts  I never saw the Drafts link until yesterday. I can only delete the drafts on Full Site version from what I can tell so far. Usually I post from a laptop. 

Here you go! Accessible on mobile version. :smile:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 20,607
    Ah, I never knew that.  Thank you, ma'am!