What'll happen first -- PlayStation 5 or new Pearl Jam studio album?

Well, like tons of fans frequenting this site, I've been waiting (and waiting) for another Pearl Jam studio album to be released.  I know that Let's Play Two was released fairly recently, but there isn't new music on that album.  It's been six years and counting since the release of Lightning Bolt, and I'm really hoping 2020 is the year for a new studio album.  Would it be too much to ask for a double-length album?  Maybe so, but Americans are supposed to be dreamers, right?  As a 48-year-old individual, I know it becomes difficult to muster the requisite energy for certain tasks as one ages.  Additionally, I understand the members of Pearl Jam are between the ages of 50 and 60.  Nonetheless, I'm dying for a new album here!  In a related vein, our family has been waiting many years for the release of PlayStation 5.  We were quite late purchasing PlayStation 3, so we weren't terribly eager to buy PlayStation 4 upon its release.  Our kids are tired of PlayStation 3 and looking for a change.  I've heard PlayStation 5 is going to cost as much as $700, so I figured it'd be wise to forgo PlayStation 4 and just buy PlayStation 5 the moment it's released.  Well, we're still waiting (and waiting) for that to occur too.  This month I've been dreaming about a new Pearl Jam studio album and PlayStation 5 being released in the same calendar year (2020).  If so, which one's likely to happen first?  I'm eager to hear any input from fellow Ten Club members.  In the meantime, I'll listen to Riot Act again!         

Comments

• Samsung Galaxy S11

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    PS4 is great. Will hold off on a PS5 for a while. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I want to believe that you will get a new studio album, Spring maybe, before the PS5 releases late in the year during holidays
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    PJ11 before PS5
    PS6 before PJ12
  • Samsung Galaxy S11

Dang that’s gonna be an expensive month... moving... new phone... new vinyl 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    at this point I believe anything before new pj
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • PS7
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    The iPhone 18 will come first.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,619
    Dunno. I'll buy both though. But, plenty of stuff to pass the time until then. Not hung up on them until they are announced.

• Brexit will happen before the new album is released
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792

What'll happen first.  The 2nd single or complaints about what the 2nd single will sound like?

Bring on that 2nd single!!

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Im def buying both
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,087
    edited October 2019
    Well, like tons of fans frequenting this site, I've been waiting (and waiting) for another Pearl Jam studio album to be released.  I know that Let's Play Two was released fairly recently, but there isn't new music on that album.  It's been six years and counting since the release of Lightning Bolt, and I'm really hoping 2020 is the year for a new studio album.  Would it be too much to ask for a double-length album?  Maybe so, but Americans are supposed to be dreamers, right?  As a 48-year-old individual, I know it becomes difficult to muster the requisite energy for certain tasks as one ages.  Additionally, I understand the members of Pearl Jam are between the ages of 50 and 60.  Nonetheless, I'm dying for a new album here!  In a related vein, our family has been waiting many years for the release of PlayStation 5.  We were quite late purchasing PlayStation 3, so we weren't terribly eager to buy PlayStation 4 upon its release.  Our kids are tired of PlayStation 3 and looking for a change.  I've heard PlayStation 5 is going to cost as much as $700, so I figured it'd be wise to forgo PlayStation 4 and just buy PlayStation 5 the moment it's released.  Well, we're still waiting (and waiting) for that to occur too.  This month I've been dreaming about a new Pearl Jam studio album and PlayStation 5 being released in the same calendar year (2020).  If so, which one's likely to happen first?  I'm eager to hear any input from fellow Ten Club members.  In the meantime, I'll listen to Riot Act again!         
    Buy a Nintendo Switch like any sane person would.

What is a kids childhood worth without Nintendo?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_Chaos, we just bought a Nintendo Switch for our 15-year-old's birthday, so now we have a PlayStation 5 and a Nintendo Switch. How about those apples?