Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Lonzo is out again...

I wonder what Portland does w Lillard?  They just drafted a guard?

Lakers draft a ball handler.  Are they going to let someone other than Lebron run the floor?  It would save his legs over the course of the season.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    A lot of trades going on.  That's nuts.

Does the Jordan curse continue and Brandon miller becomes mediocre?

I'm not surprised that Drew Timme went undrafted.  He will get picked up as a back up or G league it.  Somebody will have a need for him.

The Wizards trade a scorer in Beal but draft a defender in Bilal.  Dude has some ups though.

Jett Howard.  I did not know that Juwan had a son playing.  It will be interesting to see how he plays in the NBA.

Any moves or picks interesting to you?

The twins at 4 & 5 was unexpected going off mock drafts but nice to see.  I'm rooting for those two.
    If he matures and gets his head on straight, GG Jackson at #45 could be a steal. Dude has the talent and athleticism to make it, just a question of if he can get there mentally. Looking back on it, he shouldn't have reclassified and stayed in the 2023 class.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

I'm not surprised that Drew Timme went undrafted.  He will get picked up as a back up or G league it.  Somebody will have a need for him.

The Wizards trade a scorer in Beal but draft a defender in Bilal.  Dude has some ups though.

Jett Howard.  I did not know that Juwan had a son playing.  It will be interesting to see how he plays in the NBA.

The twins at 4 & 5 was unexpected going off mock drafts but nice to see.  I'm rooting for those two.
    GG Jackson at #45 could be a steal. Dude has the talent and athleticism to make it
    I hope you’re right. 
  • Options

If he matures and gets his head on straight, GG Jackson at #45 could be a steal. Dude has the talent and athleticism to make it, just a question of if he can get there mentally. Looking back on it, he shouldn't have reclassified and stayed in the 2023 class.
    I don't see Memphis as the place to promote maturity.  Dude is big and had only one breakout game but hey, you never know?
  • Options
    I watched fil on Wemby and I'm in.  He will do fine.

Realizing how big he is he will have a shot that is undefendable.  If he gets a rhythm just keep feeding him the ball.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

I don't see Memphis as the place to promote maturity.  Dude is big and had only one breakout game but hey, you never know?
    I question if Memphis is the right spot for him too. I watched all his games last year and there was definitely a reason he was the top ranked player in the class of 2023 before he reclassified to 2022. It's probably going to take 2-3 years in the g league before he's ready to contribute though.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    cutz said:
    Can’t believe we were able to dump Rudy Gay! I hate Danny Ainge but gotta trust him…I guess. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Anybody get a chance to watch Wemby last night?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    No but I just watched highlights. He's got great touch
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    No but I just watched highlights. He's got great touch
    Thx I'll do that too then.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,515
    Walker in Europe!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Well Bronny's career might be over before it begins...

Dude suffered a cardiac arrest.  Thankfully he will make a full recovery and live a healthy life, screw bball if it means he can have a full life.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Yeah, that's incredibly scary.
    Hope he's properly diagnosed and can live a full long life whether playing hoops or not.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    We lost, team USA to Germany... Ze Germens...

Wow, has basketball and the world really caught up to us or do we not know how to play team ball or... Do we not have the talent we used to?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

Wow, has basketball and the world really caught up to us or do we not know how to play team ball or... Do we not have the talent we used to?
    Combination of a few things. Basketball around the world is vastly improved/catching up and this team was far from the true A team that the USA could have taken. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

Combination of a few things. Basketball around the world is vastly improved/catching up and this team was far from the true A team that the USA could have taken. 
    It was Germany though... C'mon.

We will need another Dream Team to revolutionize American basketball again apparently.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

We will need another Dream Team to revolutionize American basketball again apparently.
    Is that the only way to beat Europeans??..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    Jumb0 said:

Ummm, you think the Euro teams are college kids?
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Jumb0 said:

No but are far from dream teams..
    what you think of that??..
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-on-noah-lyles-side-in-world-champion-debate-so-much-backlash-for-saying-the-obvious/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Jumb0 said:

No but are far from dream teams..
    what you think of that??..
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-on-noah-lyles-side-in-world-champion-debate-so-much-backlash-for-saying-the-obvious/
    Totally agree with the Giannis and Ginnobli.  Unfortunately the NBA is the end all be all.  It's not quite like the World Cup.  People put more stock in an NBA finals than a World title here.
  • Options
    Lillard to the Bucks
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,412

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Lillard to the Bucks
    Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!?!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Poncier said:
    Lillard to the Bucks
    Suns had to replace dirty chris paul with another dirty player.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,907
    Poncier said:
    Lillard to the Bucks

That's pretty shocking. Thought Miami were the front runners.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Lillard to the Bucks
    Suns had to replace dirty chris paul with another dirty player.
    Paul is a choir boy compared to the piece of shit they just acquired in Allen.
  • Options
    Did anyone see Jimmy Butlers take?  He wants the Bucks to be investigated, lol.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    Did anyone see Jimmy Butlers take?  He wants the Bucks to be investigated, lol.
    Maybe he ask about the Celtics... They're apparently getting Jrue Holliday today.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Lots of trading action.

I can see Lillard winning a title now.