2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Poncier said:
    Yeah that's about 2 weeks old...Rose really got his back up when it was pointed out he US sent an all black team to the Olympics in 2016, 2008, 2004, 2000....
    If there isn't a good white player then fine.  Don't put them on if they aren't good enough.  I have zero problem with it and Rose is right. 

First I'm hearing of this too...
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    RiotZact said:
    Philly fans.  Talk of the day is moving Simmons.  A bunch of us have said this for years now considering he doesn't have a shot.  The rest of his play made up for that was the argument.

How does one feel about it now?  

Can he even be developed anymore at this point?  Could he be a Siakm and work on the shooting and become the beast he should or is he a drive only kind of guy?

It's a shame because he can ball but I don't want him with the ball.

Thoughts?
    He needs to see a therapist in whatever bum-ass city he ends up in. 
    Simmons is definitely part of the problem, BUT Sixers are also to blame... They have been too soft on him and their gameplan when he and Embiid  are on the court is atrocious.

Yes, Simmons has 2 big things to get better (free throws and willingness to shoot - even a mid range), but those writing him off completely are crazy.
    I think the Sixers should trade him and even more, Simmons should also demand it. It's not a good fit with Embiid, and really hasn't ever been. Simmons playing a role like Draymond iat GSW would be perfect for him. He is not a PG, he's a playmaking forward and needs to be surrounded by shooting at the other 4 spots.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Shaq is still the best

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Pippen is on the warpath again.  Stirring up crap!!!  Got to love it!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    edited July 2021
    No Coder said:
    RiotZact said:
    Philly fans.  Talk of the day is moving Simmons.  A bunch of us have said this for years now considering he doesn't have a shot.  The rest of his play made up for that was the argument.

How does one feel about it now?  

Can he even be developed anymore at this point?  Could he be a Siakm and work on the shooting and become the beast he should or is he a drive only kind of guy?

It's a shame because he can ball but I don't want him with the ball.

Thoughts?
    He needs to see a therapist in whatever bum-ass city he ends up in. 
    Simmons is definitely part of the problem, BUT Sixers are also to blame... They have been too soft on him and their gameplan when he and Embiid  are on the court is atrocious.

Yes, Simmons has 2 big things to get better (free throws and willingness to shoot - even a mid range), but those writing him off completely are crazy.
    I think the Sixers should trade him and even more, Simmons should also demand it. It's not a good fit with Embiid, and really hasn't ever been. Simmons playing a role like Draymond iat GSW would be perfect for him. He is not a PG, he's a playmaking forward and needs to be surrounded by shooting at the other 4 spots.
    You’re talking to a shameless Simmons apologist here. If you go through my post history you’ll see that I’ve made excuses for him at every turn. No more. I was in attendance for all 4 Sixers home games in the Hawks series, and watching Ben in those games was the most disheartening sports experience of my life. He is a very good player, and could help several teams in the NBA, but these teams I speak of are fringe playoff teams that would be happy to put up a fight in the 1st round, not a team with title aspirations. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    Poncier said:
    Yeah that's about 2 weeks old...Rose really got his back up when it was pointed out he US sent an all black team to the Olympics in 2016, 2008, 2004, 2000....
    If there isn't a good white player then fine.  Don't put them on if they aren't good enough.  I have zero problem with it and Rose is right. 

Rose is right that Love didn't earn the spot on the team. But, I don't think he did himself any good by saying he's a "Token" pick for the team. Also, saying the USA should've sent an all Black team when they have in past Olympics(like Poncier pointed out.) wasn't too smart either. tempo_n_groove said:
    Poncier said:

Plus, Rose saying Deandre Ayton deserved the spot is just laughable. Ayton is not an American/American Citizen. 

I wonder how the team will play when 3 players(Booker, Middleton & Holiday) won't be getting into Japan until just about in time for the first game(VS France). I know it's not the same team that played in the World Championship, but France is a good team, who beat them. Could be a tough game since it's the first game of the Olympics.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    And you wonder why I don't value the opinions of most of these analysts?! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    No defence plan, no offense plan again..
    Giannis was soooo alone last night..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:

That's coaching. Blame that all on the coach.

Can't believe that the Suns are dominating this much.

So with all these 1 and done players.  Have any of them been really good in one year sans Zion in the last 15 years?  I see them taking a few years to really get going like Booker.
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:

Rose is right that Love didn't earn the spot on the team. But, I don't think he did himself any good by saying he's a "Token" pick for the team. Also, saying the USA should've sent an all Black team when they have in past Olympics(like Poncier pointed out.) wasn't too smart either. tempo_n_groove said:
    Poncier said:

Plus, Rose saying Deandre Ayton deserved the spot is just laughable. Ayton is not an American/American Citizen. 

I wonder how the team will play when 3 players(Booker, Middleton & Holiday) won't be getting into Japan until just about in time for the first game(VS France). I know it's not the same team that played in the World Championship, but France is a good team, who beat them. Could be a tough game since it's the first game of the Olympics.
    No it wasn't smart but nothing will happen to him just like nothing happened to Stephen A and nothing will happen to Bomani Jones like what happened to Jamelle.

Race continues to be an issue at ESPN apparently and in the NBA in general.
    23scidoo said:

That's coaching. Blame that all on the coach.

Can't believe that the Suns are dominating this much.

So with all these 1 and done players.  Have any of them been really good in one year sans Zion in the last 15 years?  I see them taking a few years to really get going like Booker.
    I have blame coach million times..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Come on Bucks. Make it a series please.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah I said 6.  I thought people were ridiculous saying sweep though.

I still say they bounce back at home.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

I assume most of the sweep prognostications were based on Giannis being injured, before the series his availability was still very much in doubt. But as we saw last night, he's good to go.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

I assume most of the sweep prognostications were based on Giannis being injured, before the series his availability was still very much in doubt. But as we saw last night, he's good to go.
    Not good enough apparently...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Poncier said:

42 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks...he's not the reason they lost last night.
    Without him they'd have gotten "blowed out".
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

42 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks...he's not the reason they lost last night.
    Without him they'd have gotten "blowed out".
    Loss is a loss.

Yes the rest of the team for got to showed up.
    edited July 2021
    The last who can blame is Giannis..he gives his soul every night.. where is Middleton, where is Holiday??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Now we have a series again.

Giannis was on fire w his free-throws last night.  Good game for the bucks!
    One more Bucks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    The play in will continue next season
    I miss igotid88
    Let's go Bucks!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

One more step Bucks!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Well now.  I guess the CP3 curse is still alive and well...
    Tonight Bucks.. let's make history!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Well.. Bucks in six finally!!
    https://youtu.be/KXw8CRapg7k
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Legendary performance from the Freak!!
    Congratulations my boy, you make us so proud!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

What a game for Giannis.  Talk more tomorrow,