2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited June 2021
    Jazz are for real this year.  They have been my pick to go to the finals after everyone got hurt in the first round.  I am still amazed how well they are playing.  Congrats to Gobert for his 3rd DPOTY.
    Clippers look off.  Like really off.

Nets/Bucks game was a fun one to watch.  A security guard ran onto the court to break up the players from fighting.  Never saw that before?  I think he gets fired, lol?

Very low scoring game but it was definitely fun.  I don't think the Bucks win another game though.
    Yeah the Bucks look like they are spent after that one. I thought it was a tough one to watch. Bad offense and horrible officiating yet again.

So you've finally come around the Jazz? They're one of the better shooting teams you'll ever see. 
    Every year, like the Bucks, they were great during the season then get destroyed and have an early exit or just can't make it past that one team.

Watching them this year they are playing so much better.  It passes the eye test.  
    The Jazz? Nah, @wobbie can correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt they've been nearly as good as they've been this year since the Stockton and Malone era....
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    Jazz are for real this year.  They have been my pick to go to the finals after everyone got hurt in the first round.  I am still amazed how well they are playing.  Congrats to Gobert for his 3rd DPOTY.

Nets/Bucks game was a fun one to watch.  A security guard ran onto the court to break up the players from fighting.  Never saw that before?  I think he gets fired, lol?

Very low scoring game but it was definitely fun.  I don't think the Bucks win another game though.
    Yeah the Bucks look like they are spent after that one. I thought it was a tough one to watch. Bad offense and horrible officiating yet again.

So you've finally come around the Jazz? They're one of the better shooting teams you'll ever see. 
    Every year, like the Bucks, they were great during the season then get destroyed and have an early exit or just can't make it past that one team.

Watching them this year they are playing so much better.  It passes the eye test.  
    The Jazz? Nah, @wobbie can correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt they've been nearly as good as they've been this year since the Stockton and Malone era....
    Despite Milwaukee winning game 3, it's obvious what any elite team like the Nets should do from a strategic standpoint, let Giannis get his, limit him in the paint when possible and send various defensive schemes on Middleton and Holiday. 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732

Maybe since AK47.  Don't have to go that far back as Malone/Stockton era?  Since Snyder has been coach and Gobert has been on the team they average 45 wins or so a year.  That's not bad. 3 of the years have been 50 win seasons. This is their 5th year in the playoffs.

To me they were good in the regular season but couldn't hang in the playoffs.  I've watched it, same as the Bucks.

I'll praise them this year though.  They look damn good.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Maybe since AK47.  Don't have to go that far back as Malone/Stockton era?  Since Snyder has been coach and Gobert has been on the team they average 45 wins or so a year.  That's not bad. 3 of the years have been 50 win seasons. This is their 5th year in the playoffs.

To me they were good in the regular season but couldn't hang in the playoffs.  I've watched it, same as the Bucks.

Yeah but they only played 72 games this year. Would've had 60 in a normal year. It's their best winning percentage since '98.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

Yeah but they only played 72 games this year. Would've had 60 in a normal year. It's their best winning percentage since '98.
    Yeah, definitely have to go back to Stockton/Malone for a Jazz team this good.
    AK-47 teams were never a one seed I imagine.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Yeah, definitely have to go back to Stockton/Malone for a Jazz team this good.
    AK-47 teams were never a one seed I imagine.
    Not arguing that.  They had good teams though under Sloan and AK.  They were 3rd seeds.

Looking back at those Stockton Malone teams they were beasts only to come up against the mighty Bulls.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348

they’re good, juggs, but totally reliant on the three. as they say, it’s a make/miss league. right now, I would say the suns are the west team to beat.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    I will add that #12 pick donovan mitchell is quite a bit better than #1 markelle fultz or #2 lonzo. don’t know who else was in between.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Wobbie said:
    I will add that #12 pick donovan mitchell is quite a bit better than #1 markelle fultz or #2 lonzo. don’t know who else was in between.
    #3 was Jayson Tatum
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Wobbie said:
    #8 Frank Ntilikina. Thank you Phil Jackson
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,379
    Let's go Bucks!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Well now…. Kylie is hurt…
    edited June 2021
    Wow. That was kind of a lame Flagrant 2. Thank goodness the Nuggets have JaVale McGee to replace Jokic
    Wow. That was kind of a lame Flagrant 2. Thank goodness the Nuggets have JaVale McGee to replace Jokic
    That was the biggest bullshit F2 I’ve ever seen.  He wound up on the damn ball.  His bicep hit him.

That was not good…
    The “mvp” gets swept in the second round. 

LOL. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The “mvp” gets swept in the second round. 

LOL. 
    Why the ""?
    That was the biggest bullshit F2 I’ve ever seen.  He wound up on the damn ball.  His bicep hit him.

That was not good…
    Imagine if this series was close.
    Well now…. Kylie is hurt…
    At the same uncle he step at th Celtics logo.. karma??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

If Irving stays out of the rest of series, the coin turns on the other side..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Yep.  I gave the Bucks no chance in this series.  Kyrie out gives them a great chance.

It also gives KD a chance to show people if he can carry a team on his back or not, which I know he can't.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    23scidoo said:
    And then it’s a free ride to the Finals for your Bucks! Remember, “no chance” for the Sixers!
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    And then it’s a free ride to the Finals for your Bucks! Remember, “no chance” for the Sixers!
    I'm not forgetting.. also i have zero problem to admit my wrong ;)
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    23scidoo said:
    RiotZact said:
    23scidoo said:
    I'm not forgetting.. also i have zero problem to admit my wrong ;)
    All good! Just having a bit of fun. Bucks/Sixers should be an awesome series if things shake out that way. 
    "Making him earn it from the line" is dead. It is now, making him earn it from the line and then give them the ball back. 
    Damn Utah is gonna make me eat my words if they stink it up like that again...

Hawks really dug deep for that win.

Fun NBA games last night.
    "Making him earn it from the line" is dead. It is now, making him earn it from the line and then give them the ball back. 
    Oh my god. The fucking officiating in this day and age is horrendous. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is it bad or that what they are calling fouls now is appalling?
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

Yes
    edited June 2021
    Jumb0 said:

Yes
    All of the above. lol

Dwight Howard got hit with a Flagrant 1 last night because someone ran into his arm.
    chinese-happy.jpg