2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    uh.....fuck chris paul....but fuck the lakers, too.

go suns....I guess.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    No surprises last night.

Bucks roll.
    AD showed up.  When he does the team is pretty friggin good.
    Jokic ain't no joke and has no time for Dame time.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Bye bye Heat..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    RIP Mark Eaton
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RIP Mark Eaton
    Yeah, this was sad.  Dude was young.
    Jumb0 said:
    Utah doesn't lose another game in this series.

What do you want to bet?
    I forgot to take you up on this.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Jumb0 said:

What do you want to bet?

Sorry, betting windows are all closed.  :s
    And now, Freak vs Big three!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

What do you want to bet?

Sorry, betting windows are all closed.  :s
    lol, see the light now?
    Was any defense played in the Portland/Denver game?  I'll say it again, Damian Lillard will never win a championship.

Lakers are lost without AD.  It is sad too because they have a good amount of talent that should be elevating.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Ainge steps down.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Ainge steps down.
    He should.  He did well for a while then stalled.
    Poncier said:
    Ainge steps down.

He lived off of fleecing the Nets with KG and Paul Pierce but never really built any momentum off of it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Jumb0 said:
    Poncier said:
    Ainge steps down.

He lived off of fleecing the Nets with KG and Paul Pierce but never really built any momentum off of it.
    Had Hayward not snapped his leg 5 minutes into the 17-18 season and Kyrie not been a flake he would have turned that deal into a perennial title contender.

That team was loaded: Irving, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Smart, Baynes, Morris, Rozier 
    The deal with the Nets landed both Brown and Tatum directly from the picks and Kyrie by trading away the final pick. So Ainge played it right except for one fatal flaw...not correctly judging the mental make up of Kyrie who went from "I plan to re-sign in Boston and want to see #11 hanging from the rafters" to bolting (ironically for the Nets) in a matter of a couple of months in 2019.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    lol, see the light now?

I fully expected Utah to run away with the series but really though we'd get either game 3 or 4. Some questionable officiating and Brooks' inability to not take stupid fouls had other plans.
    The "King" the other night left the court six minutes before game over..he can't handle the defeat..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    23scidoo said:
    The "King" the other night left the court six minutes before game over..he can't handle the defeat..
    He's is a sore loser
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He's is a sore loser
    He and AD went in for early "treatment".

I was a wee bit pissed about that.  It's like he checked out already and is thinking about next year...

If AD can play they will go far.  The rest of the cast needs to play better too.

If you watched the Knicks/Hawks game you were delighted on old stories from Reggie Miller about playing in the Garden and the choke game, I remember watching that live.  Trae took a damn Bow, lol.  I said only if Knicks get hot that they win this series and that spark never happened.  Still need one superstar because Randle is not it despite how well he played this year.

Luka, Luka, Luka.  Get him some real damn help and his team is in the finals every year.
    Jumb0 said:
    lol, see the light now?

I fully expected Utah to run away with the series but really though we'd get either game 3 or 4. Some questionable officiating and Brooks' inability to not take stupid fouls had other plans.
    After watching that second game I knew the Jazz were not taking the loss lightly.  This may be a year for them to make a serious run considering Lakers will be done after tonight and Clippers can't seem to get it together.

Toughest matchup now would be in the finals in the form of the 76ers.
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He's is a sore loser

I was a wee bit pissed about that.  It's like he checked out already and is thinking about next year...

If AD can play they will go far.  The rest of the cast needs to play better too.

If you watched the Knicks/Hawks game you were delighted on old stories from Reggie Miller about playing in the Garden and the choke game, I remember watching that live.  Trae took a damn Bow, lol.  I said only if Knicks get hot that they win this series and that spark never happened.  Still need one superstar because Randle is not it despite how well he played this year.

Luka, Luka, Luka.  Get him some real damn help and his team is in the finals every year.
    But i think Knicks are in good way..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He's is a sore loser

But i think Knicks are in good way..
    They are but they aren't.  They need another piece.  If you are happy w just making the playoffs and not advancing then this IS your team.  You want to go deep in the playoffs and make a run at a championship?  You need another piece. Chris Paul would have been great short term if he staid healthy.  It would have been a huge gamble though.  So far for Phoenix it paid off.

I'm not sure who would fit well on that team.  Of the top free agents of Kawhi(not going anywhere), CP3(too old), Derozan(not it) and Lowry(too old)I'm not sure who the missing chip is?

Lakers should get Derozan.  I think he would fit well there.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He's is a sore loser

You shocked the Knicks went out so limply? 
    Only kidding! lol

Love seeing Lebron go down in the first round. Close it out Suns!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    He's is a sore loser

You shocked the Knicks went out so limply? 
    Only kidding! lol

Love seeing Lebron go down in the first round. Close it out Suns!
    Lebron could will some victories but then he would be spent for the next series.  He plays on reserves the last few years.  That is why they lost the game right after the GS victory.
    Jumb0 said:
    lol, see the light now?

After watching that second game I knew the Jazz were not taking the loss lightly.  This may be a year for them to make a serious run considering Lakers will be done after tonight and Clippers can't seem to get it together.

Toughest matchup now would be in the finals in the form of the 76ers.

Pulling for them the rest of the way so Conley can get his ring.
    Nuggets vs Blazers is a series to watch..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Le Bron left the court again six minutes before game ends.. that's who he is and always has been..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Le Bron left the court again six minutes before game ends.. that's who he is and always has been..
    When he knows it's over yes.  He has done that and he knows when to let go.  He checked out 2 games ago.  He knew it was over.

Why he didn't be more aggressive may have to do something with the above statement.  He knew he couldn't do anymore after this round.

The whole Suns team played lights out.  3 after 3 after 3.  You can't let a team get 3-3's in a row and not at least get 2.  That is a 9-0 run and tough to make up.

Congrats to the Suns and Booker.  Kid can ball and the world got to see it finally.

Other game.  Jokic and company can ball.  Those guys find a way.
    So new prediction since Embiid is hurt.  They are dead in the water now without him.  Winner of the East will be found this round between Nets and Bucks.  Ginanis' team has been playing around him so let's see what happens.

West I still say the Jazz right now.  If they can beat Jokic and Nuggets then it is theirs for the taking. 

Clippers won't make it past Luka.

I shit on the Jazz earlier in the year.  They really have put it together.  They are always one of those teams you just don't trust, like the Bucks whom are also surprising me.
    23scidoo said:
    When he knows it's over yes.  He has done that and he knows when to let go.  He checked out 2 games ago.  He knew it was over.

Why he didn't be more aggressive may have to do something with the above statement.  He knew he couldn't do anymore after this round.

The whole Suns team played lights out.  3 after 3 after 3.  You can't let a team get 3-3's in a row and not at least get 2.  That is a 9-0 run and tough to make up.

Congrats to the Suns and Booker.  Kid can ball and the world got to see it finally.

Other game.  Jokic and company can ball.  Those guys find a way.
    He didn't shake hands with winners again.. that says a lot..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

So new prediction since Embiid is hurt.  They are dead in the water now without him.  Winner of the East will be found this round between Nets and Bucks.  Ginanis' team has been playing around him so let's see what happens.

West I still say the Jazz right now.  If they can beat Jokic and Nuggets then it is theirs for the taking. 

Clippers won't make it past Luka.

I shit on the Jazz earlier in the year.  They really have put it together.  They are always one of those teams you just don't trust, like the Bucks whom are also surprising me.
    I hope Nuggets for West..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.