Options

Ohana Request - Cancer Diagnosis - Latest Update (page 1) & Trying Again

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    Glad to hear the treatment is allowing you to do all of those things you listed. Sounds like you have had a busy couple of years. Hope you get Long Road. You will have two chances as Eddie likes to play it on his set too. Heard him play it solo once and he did an amazing job. Take care and enjoy the shows!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I won't be there but I REALLY hope you get Long Road. that would be amazing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    All the best Chip!

enjoy Ohana
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Hi!!  I hope he plays this for you!  Maybe we will see you guys at ohana. Love seeing all your adventures in insta! 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Glad to hear the treatment is allowing you to do all of those things you listed. Sounds like you have had a busy couple of years. Hope you get Long Road. You will have two chances as Eddie likes to play it on his set too. Heard him play it solo once and he did an amazing job. Take care and enjoy the shows!

Thank you and just got our wristbands!!!
  • Options
    I won't be there but I REALLY hope you get Long Road. that would be amazing. 

Thanks man and I agree 100%... =)
  • Options
    Hi!!  I hope he plays this for you!  Maybe we will see you guys at ohana. Love seeing all your adventures in insta! 

Thanks Jacquelyn and that would be awesome seeing you guys at the show!
  • Options
    One week from today and we will be on Doheny Beach!!!
  • Options
    Latest Update - 9/19/23 - Well I'm officially an outlier as I've outlived the mean average for my diagnosis (4 years).  It's been a long 4 1/2 years (12 months of chemo, monthly treatments and 6 months of radiation this past year).  I'm extremely grateful that with modern medicine I've tolerated these treatments extremely well.  September was my 54th consecutive month surfing in MA since my diagnosis (I even surfed the day after radiation treatment).  I've also been able to play lacrosse with my boys which has been awesome (I also got back into coaching lacrosse).  I also got my first tattoo (stickman on a surfboard) and went dog-sledding up in ME last winter.  Most important; I've been able to be here for some significant milestones - My youngest son graduated from High School, my middle son is a sophomore in college and my oldest got his first real job.  There was a time that I didn't think I would see ANY of this...Anyway, Julie and I are going to our 4th Ohana Festival and can't wait!!!  We almost cancelled again but Julie talked me into it (we need it and it wasn't a hard sell  =)).  Would love to hear Long Road if possible but honestly just psyched for our 4th Ohana Festival and the amazing line-up!!!

Cheers!

Chip
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    LONG ROAD FOR THE HAPPY COUPLE!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Thanks man!!!
  • Options
    LONG ROAD
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    Wish you the best Chip
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Appreciate that and I was at PJ20 as well... ;)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Latest Update - 9/19/23 - Well I'm officially an outlier as I've outlived the mean average for my diagnosis (4 years).  It's been a long 4 1/2 years (12 months of chemo, monthly treatments and 6 months of radiation this past year).  I'm extremely grateful that with modern medicine I've tolerated these treatments extremely well.  September was my 54th consecutive month surfing in MA since my diagnosis (I even surfed the day after radiation treatment).  I've also been able to play lacrosse with my boys which has been awesome (I also got back into coaching lacrosse).  I also got my first tattoo (stickman on a surfboard) and went dog-sledding up in ME last winter.  Most important; I've been able to be here for some significant milestones - My youngest son graduated from High School, my middle son is a sophomore in college and my oldest got his first real job.  There was a time that I didn't think I would see ANY of this...Anyway, Julie and I are going to our 4th Ohana Festival and can't wait!!!  We almost cancelled again but Julie talked me into it (we need it and it wasn't a hard sell  =)).  Would love to hear Long Road if possible but honestly just psyched for our 4th Ohana Festival and the amazing line-up!!!

Cheers!

Chip
    Very happy for you!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Cheers!

Chip
    Very happy for you!
    Thanks I appreciate it!!!
  • Options
    That is amazing.
    Congratulations and keep enjoying life. What an inspiration. Thank you for posting and hope you keep strong for many years to come. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    Wow. Thanks for the uplifting update, OP! I hope you and yours have an incredible time at Ohana...and get to hear Long Road :peace:
  • Options
    We made it to Dana Point and had my first surf session on Doheny Beach this morning!  
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    We made it to Dana Point and had my first surf session on Doheny Beach this morning!  
    Hope surfing was fun, enjoy the festival. Looking forward to this lineup, hope you get the request. 

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. 
  • Options
    potnik said:
    Hope surfing was fun, enjoy the festival. Looking forward to this lineup, hope you get the request. 

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. 
    So much fun and heading out soon for 3rd day of surfing!  Then hoping to catch sound check from the beach tonight... ;)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,677
    Great story and so glad you're doing well.  I hope we get Long Road as well.  

Were you at Ohana in 21 when Eddie and the Earthlings played Long Road in the set that replaced Kings of Leon?

Sort of adjacent to your story, Ohana is going to be my wife's first trip since finishing chemo in August and radiation last week.  She is working hard to be full strength for the show.  

Have a safe trip going out!  See you there! 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great story and so glad you're doing well.  I hope we get Long Road as well.  

Were you at Ohana in 21 when Eddie and the Earthlings played Long Road in the set that replaced Kings of Leon?

Sort of adjacent to your story, Ohana is going to be my wife's first trip since finishing chemo in August and radiation last week.  She is working hard to be full strength for the show.  

Have a safe trip going out!  See you there! 
    We missed Friday night in 21...Sorry to hear that and I hope your wife is feeling better & safe travels to the show.  I hope you guys have an amazing time (music heals...)
  • Options
    We had an amazing time at Ohana!!!!  Might have to try again in March when/if Pearl Jam plays Boston... B)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    We had an amazing time at Ohana!!!!  Might have to try again in March when/if Pearl Jam plays Boston... B)

• Options
    demetrios said:

B) 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    demetrios said:

B)