Options

Eddie Vedder - Matter Of Time & Come Say Hi - Digital Download & Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    What is the average price in the US for this?
    I forgot to pre-order. Just ordered right now and its on sale at Amazon for $7.99
    man, I got ripped paying all that shipping and exchange. 
    I’ve learned not to preorder from 10c unless it’s 10 CL exclusive and limited. Even then you’re taking a chance. But I did mean to order off Amazon before and just forgot. 
    Agreed… but some of the items have been described as limited only to appear elsewhere.  It’s not always clear if item is limited to the ten club only or the ten club has a limited supply.  
    this is just it. I'm not "in the know" enough about how these things work to be confident enough to wait and see and then miss out and have to pay top dollar for two songs on 7" of wax. 
    Yes. It would be nice if the listings were less ambiguous.  Especially because some stuff requires a nearly instant decision to avoid it being sold out. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    There's always exceptions, and you take a chance either way. But most of the time, a pre-order will not sell out quickly. If its a rare item that I have to have, I wouldn't take the chance and I'd just buy it. If they reissue RVM or Lost Dogs, sure I'll grab it here so I don't take the chance of missing out so I can save $10 on shipping. But a 7" that is available for pre-order that would cost me $20 after shipping? I'll gamble, and this time wind up getting it for less than half that on Amazon.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    mace1229 said:
    There's always exceptions, and you take a chance either way. But most of the time, a pre-order will not sell out quickly. If its a rare item that I have to have, I wouldn't take the chance and I'd just buy it. If they reissue RVM or Lost Dogs, sure I'll grab it here so I don't take the chance of missing out so I can save $10 on shipping. But a 7" that is available for pre-order that would cost me $20 after shipping? I'll gamble, and this time wind up getting it for less than half that on Amazon.
    I just never know if it's going to be a Matter of Time pre order or a baseball bat preorder. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I just never know if it's going to be a Matter of Time pre order or a baseball bat preorder. 
    Yeah, a lot of it doesn't make sense and is just guess work. If I would be that pissed without it, I'd just buy it. But I wouldn't be that pissed about not spending $20 on a 45, so worth the gamble.  I also don't understand the craze for the bats. $100 + shipping seemed like a lot to me, I didn't think they'd sell out that fast. Its just a bat with Pearl Jam stamped on it, right? I mean, if Eddie made it to the minors and this was the same model he used, maybe I can see that. But some of the merch I just don't understand. 

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah, a lot of it doesn't make sense and is just guess work. If I would be that pissed without it, I'd just buy it. But I wouldn't be that pissed about not spending $20 on a 45, so worth the gamble.  I also don't understand the craze for the bats. $100 + shipping seemed like a lot to me, I didn't think they'd sell out that fast. Its just a bat with Pearl Jam stamped on it, right? I mean, if Eddie made it to the minors and this was the same model he used, maybe I can see that. But some of the merch I just don't understand. 

seems odd to me too, unless ed really wanted a bat with the pj name on it. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    Most items the last few months have been preorders.  Seems the new normal.  Vinyl, bats, clothing, hats… have all been preorders. And a lot of it has sold out. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Most items the last few months have been preorders.  Seems the new normal.  Vinyl, bats, clothing, hats… have all been preorders. And a lot of it has sold out. 
    I've only noticed the bats being a preorder and selling out that fast. But I havent paid much attention to clothing and hats lately. Which seems to defeat the purpose of a preorder. Isnt that to see how much interest there is so you know how much to order? I am starting to think they label everything preorder just to confuse us. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    I've only noticed the bats being a preorder and selling out that fast. But I havent paid much attention to clothing and hats lately. Which seems to defeat the purpose of a preorder. Isnt that to see how much interest there is so you know how much to order? I am starting to think they label everything preorder just to confuse us. 
    Yes! Confusing is a good word 👍🏻

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,257
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I forgot to pre-order. Just ordered right now and its on sale at Amazon for $7.99
    I’ve learned not to preorder from 10c unless it’s 10 CL exclusive and limited. Even then you’re taking a chance. But I did mean to order off Amazon before and just forgot. 
    Agreed… but some of the items have been described as limited only to appear elsewhere.  It’s not always clear if item is limited to the ten club only or the ten club has a limited supply.  
    this is just it. I'm not "in the know" enough about how these things work to be confident enough to wait and see and then miss out and have to pay top dollar for two songs on 7" of wax. 
    That is the challenge.  10c rarely mentions if they plan on releasing something retail or not, so we're left guessing.   Not too many 7"'s make it to retail, so I ordered it assuming it was 10c only.  Ahh well, can't win them all.

It would be nice though if 10c would say "Available in our ship and at your local record store" etc.. so we'd know we could save on shipping, and create less garbage (more environmentally friendly).
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 351
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    I agree, But most  places that do preorders don’t charge until the item ships. 
  • Options
    KW6232 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    I agree, But most  places that do preorders don’t charge until the item ships. 
    Agreed

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    no clue why I ordered two of these, but they both arrived in separate packages today in Winnipeg. i was all excited thinking they were the fan club singles. But this is good too. 

I ordered two too from 10club. See you received them now, another week & so till they arrive in Atlantic Canada.
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    no clue why I ordered two of these, but they both arrived in separate packages today in Winnipeg. i was all excited thinking they were the fan club singles. But this is good too. 

I ordered two too from 10club. See you received them now, another week & so till they arrive in Atlantic Canada.
    BUT.....did i beat Ireland? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetrios said:

Not sure. @Kearn5y
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 755
    Mine arrived in The Nethetlands last saturday
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Still waiting on this to arrive. I bought from 10c because they put an end date on the preorder and stated that they couldnt guarantee the availabity after. Sounded very much like a made to order deal. They really didnt make it clear that it was getting a wider release. They didnt use the word exclusive but we all know about the Ten exclusive they sold. I dont know if its a deliberate marketing strategy to not be clear when they sell things.
    I end up buying so as not to risk having to get on the secondary market.

Even then I remember when Amazon let me order Sevens and it was exclusive to 10c.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Still waiting on this to arrive. I bought from 10c because they put an end date on the preorder and stated that they couldnt guarantee the availabity after. Sounded very much like a made to order deal. They really didnt make it clear that it was getting a wider release. They didnt use the word exclusive but we all know about the Ten exclusive they sold. I dont know if its a deliberate marketing strategy to not be clear when they sell things.
    I end up buying so as not to risk having to get on the secondary market.

Even then I remember when Amazon let me order Sevens and it was exclusive to 10c.
    I think this is it.

I got mine in Winnipeg the other day, so if they've arrived in Canada, I'd assume anywhere else is going to be very soon as well
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 381
    mace1229 said:
    X1
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,700
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Not sure. @Kearn5y
    I was a non runner in this one. Anyone want to sell, I would buy. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Not arrived in the UK yet. My account would suggest shipped. Going by Amazon price I didnt quite pay double.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    The single has just arrived in rural Suffolk, uk. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305
    I just got the shipping confirmation email... about 4 hours after the vinyl was delivered!  =)
    (Sydney, AUS, for those keeping track)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    rw160510 said:
    The single has just arrived in rural Suffolk, uk. 
    That's good news, I'm still waiting in the UK but my account says shipped.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    mace1229 
     But some of the merch I just don't understand. 

This. I have my share of t-shirts and posters but I don't get the baseball bats, the viewmasters, the commemorative setlist shirts for streaming shows, the baseball cards, and probably 20 other things I can't remember. What do you guys do with this stuff? Where do you draw the line? Is there an item they could they stamp a PJ logo on that wouldn't sell?
  • Options
    Banjo said:
    mace1229 

This. I have my share of t-shirts and posters but I don't get the baseball bats, the viewmasters, the commemorative setlist shirts for streaming shows, the baseball cards, and probably 20 other things I can't remember. What do you guys do with this stuff? Where do you draw the line? Is there an item they could they stamp a PJ logo on that wouldn't sell?
    I think it’s all subjective.  You buy what appeals to you and others buy what appeals to them. Beyond the music, it’s all just stuff. 

• Options
    Banjo said:
    mace1229 

whoopie cushion. 

unless they somehow got it to sound like someone was shouting "BOOM" when you sat on it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    goldrush said:
    I just got the shipping confirmation email... about 4 hours after the vinyl was delivered!  =)
    (Sydney, AUS, for those keeping track)

Same here. Around 4 hours after my 10club goodies arrive, I receive a shipping confirmation email.

Haven't yet received this Ed vinyl from 10club yet. The alternative tracking number given on the UPS site doesn't work on Canada Post's website.
  • Options
    Banjo said:
    mace1229 

• Options
    Arrived in Scotland from 10c today.
  • Options
    Banjo said:
    mace1229 

Its all about cost for me. I wouldn't spend $100 on a bat. If it was $30, I probably would, and I would use it with my kids. I'd even buy that whoopie cushion if it was under $5. I bought the Patagonia backpack 10 years ago, because I liked the bag, I use it, its a good pack. I don't get why anyone would pay $500 in the aftermarket for it though, it was worth the $70 I paid, but not much more in my opinion. If i hadn't used it a bunch, I'd try to sell it.