Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I have 18 listens now haha...I like it a lot. I think it will be far better live.

And their comment that we get to hear it first, makes me think this will be part of a new album coming up at some point.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i dig it a lot
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    mfc2006 said:
    I think I like it.

I like that it’s different.
    I actually like the fact that there isn’t a solo. (You don’t have to have a solo/jam for every song.)
    I like the groove of the song.
    It’s not the best, definitely not the worst.

I LOVE that they’re still together and writing new music.

This.
    Every word of this.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    I like it.  It’s raw.  But if there is a new album around the corner and this is the direction I’m excited. 
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This song....Yikes.
    It does have a "lets have fun at soundcheck" vibe. Thats probly where it should stay.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    I think it's ok I don't mind it :)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    New Pearl Jam is good and the lyrics are decent, but anyone else hearing the Kokomo vibe? lol

"The higher, the farther, the faster you fly"

"Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go"
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    jmilligan said:
    tbergs said:
    rvapete said:
    Its got a ton of "live" potential 

The lyrics to Lukin will be easier to understand than this one live.
    Really? These are way easier upon initial listens.
    No, I mean ed will lose his voice trying to sing this live.   It will sound like a horrible mess.
    I'm hoping they tune it down like they've tuned down Habit or Comatose to accommodate Ed's voice. If they tune it down I bet it'll rock live.
    Getaway is tuned down too i think
    Ugh, I hate it when the tune down songs. I no longer enjoy Comatose live. Theres another one they do it with to and it kills the song. Maybe STBC?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited March 2018
    Maybe this is a sign that a New Album is just around the corner...which also means an Australian Tour soon ;)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    JD Sal said:
    New Pearl Jam is good and the lyrics are decent, but anyone else hearing the Kokomo vibe? lol

Hahahaha man i couldnt think of where i had heard that melody before
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    JD Sal said:

Reminds me also of Boats and Hoes.  The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria..
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    What are the chances Trump mentions PJ in a tweet tomorrow? 
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Tremorman said:
    New song took a few listens, but it’s officially killer.  Feels like a cross between  Force of Nature and Mind Your Manners
    I thought Force of Nature right away with the drums at the beginning. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    What are the chances Trump mentions PJ in a tweet tomorrow? 
    i'd say slim to none. they aren't on his radar. unless fox news mentions it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    mrussel1 said:
    JK109224 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Ed's lyrics here are a bit hypocritical considering his unwavering support for Obama's legacy.
    Can you elaborate? Like which lyrics are hypocritical?
    As in, as if all of a sudden with Trump in charge everyone's rights are now being ignored, everyone is being treated differently.

I love that everyone is now awake and sees what's going on - but most of it was happening under Obama's watch too.

Anyway I digress.
    Trump attempts to normalize and in some cases codify some of these things, of which I believe you speak.  Obama did neither and conducted himself in the opposite way.  Big difference.  
    Yeah, Obama just did it discreetly and made everyone feel nice.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    JK109224 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK109224 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Ed's lyrics here are a bit hypocritical considering his unwavering support for Obama's legacy.
    As in, as if all of a sudden with Trump in charge everyone's rights are now being ignored, everyone is being treated differently.

I love that everyone is now awake and sees what's going on - but most of it was happening under Obama's watch too.

Anyway I digress.
    Trump attempts to normalize and in some cases codify some of these things, of which I believe you speak.  Obama did neither and conducted himself in the opposite way.  Big difference.  
    Did what,  specifically?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,065
    I liked this song a lot first two listens!  Heavy, raw, different...Pissed!!!  I like it!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    No surprises on the members who do and don't like it if you've been around here lately.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JK109224 said:
    JK109224 said:

Anyway I digress.
    It’s been happening since Reagan.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638
    Sarava said:
    I have 18 listens now haha...I like it a lot. I think it will be far better live.

And their comment that we get to hear it first, makes me think this will be part of a new album coming up at some point.
    While I (and all of us) would love a new album, my gut tells me that “hear it first” means they’ll release it as a charity single or something and we’re just getting it first. Hope I’m wrong. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    JK109224 said:
    JK109224 said:

Anyway I digress.
    It’s been happening since Reagan.
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JK109224 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK109224 said:
    JK109224 said:

Anyway I digress.
    Did what,  specifically?
    Pillaged the citizens of the country and pandered to corporations whilst continuing perpetual war. But he did it with a smile and the ability to speak well.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I’m really digging it and I’m glad to see lots more praise here than negativity.  All over social media today I see a ton of  “this sucks/this is terrible/what happened to Pearl Jam?” blah blah blah.

A few things: I dig the song. The chorus is catchy, the verses sound raw, Stone is the groovemaster. It’s the annual fan club single and it’s an original Pearl Jam song. That’s something we haven’t had in a long time. It’s not a cover, it’s not a rework of an existing song, it’s not a live track we’ve already heard 100 times, it’s not Ed solo with Jeanne Tripplehorn or Beyonce. It’s politically charged which eeeeeevvvvveryone has been thirsty for the last 18 months. So when I consider the whole package - sound, content, delivery, & timing - this is easily the best fan club single in many years!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    JD Sal said:

After the first listen I texted my friends that same thing!  Ha.  
  • Options
    CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 124
    More cowbells please :)
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I’m really digging it and I’m glad to see lots more praise here than negativity.  All over social media today I see a ton of  “this sucks/this is terrible/what happened to Pearl Jam?” blah blah blah.

A few things: I dig the song. The chorus is catchy, the verses sound raw, Stone is the groovemaster. It’s the annual fan club single and it’s an original Pearl Jam song. That’s something we haven’t had in a long time. It’s not a cover, it’s not a rework of an existing song, it’s not a live track we’ve already heard 100 times, it’s not Ed solo with Jeanne Tripplehorn or Beyonce. It’s politically charged which eeeeeevvvvveryone has been thirsty for the last 18 months. So when I consider the whole package - sound, content, delivery, & timing - this is easily the best fan club single in many years!

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784

Deadman said:

Yes sir.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    edited March 2018
    JD Sal said:

I heard "The higher, the father.." and then I started singing "The Father, The Son, The Holier the Spirit."

LOL
  • Options
    This song is a beauty....completely made my day! 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    edited March 2018
    CO278952 said:
    JD Sal said:

Reminds me also of Boats and Hoes.  The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria..
    I couldn't place the melody either until I saw this. However, Zack de la Rocha of RATM did those lyrics in Sleep Now in the Fire before Boats N Hoes.
    Post edited by darthvedder on