Why no Single Tickets for Fans that travel Solo??? I'm nervous about not getting any tickets...

MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
edited February 2018 in The Porch
Why can't ten club members purchase single tickets?  I often go to PJ shows solo and I'd love to go to six shows in U.S. this year but 6 pairs for about $1500 is alotta money.   I entered the drawing for three shows.  I'm nervous about not getting any tickets.  Im nervous about winning all three tickets.  I'm nervous about not being able to get tickets through fan verified presale.  im upset about the posts I've read that tickets won't be available on stub hub cause that's my last resort.  I love pearl jam and i really want to see them this year.  this is stressful.   I'm kinda hoping someone from pearl Jam headquarters reads this and changes the no single tickets rule.   :s

P.S.  i'm not weird it's just the people in my life don't understand my love for pearl jam and don't wanna accompany me to all six shows.  
38 concerts and counting
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
Post edited by MR242791 on

Comments

• I'm going solo too. I'm going to put in for 1 Seattle show and hopefully trade my spare for the other Seattle show. If I'm lucky to get tix thru the draw I think I'll be ok. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • You won't have a problem with finding or selling extra tickets on here. There's a lot of people in the same boat as you. It is pretty lame that you can't buy single tickets, but it's a great way to meet new people.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Cool thanks.  Its comforting to know I'm not the only with this problem and that i could possibly sell my extra tickets.  thanks. :)
    38 concerts and counting
    edited February 2018
    I'm going solo too. I'm going to put in for 1 Seattle show and hopefully trade my spare for the other Seattle show. If I'm lucky to get tix thru the draw I think I'll be ok. 
    that's a good strategy.  I put in one entry for seattle, chicago and boston, but since I'm in NY i was thinking of changing my drawings and taking my chances with verified fan presale for seattle shows.  I wanna go to seattle cause I've never been and it's where pearl jam was born but it is the most expensive trip for me.  decisons decisons.  I put in for seattle night two cause its a friday night and i think it will sell out faster.  
    Post edited by MR242791 on
    38 concerts and counting
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    edited February 2018
    MR242791 said:
    Why can't ten club members purchase single tickets?  I often go to PJ shows solo and I'd love to go to six shows in U.S. this year but 6 pairs for about $1500 is alotta money.   I entered the drawing for three shows.  I'm nervous about not getting any tickets.  Im nervous about winning all three tickets.  I'm nervous about not being able to get tickets through fan verified presale.  im upset about the posts I've read that tickets won't be available on stub hub cause that's my last resort.  I love pearl jam and i really want to see them this year.  this is stressful.   I'm kinda hoping someone from pearl Jam headquarters reads this and changes the no single tickets rule.   :s

P.S.  i'm not weird it's just the people in my life don't understand my love for pearl jam and don't wanna accompany me to all six shows.  

I think all of us would be hard pressed to find one or more people that would want to go to six Pearl Jam shows with us.  You are weird, and so are the rest of us on here.  If you get extras I would just line people up as soon as you can to take them. GA will be easier to get rid of than reserved tickets. 

It would be great to have the option to get one ticket, but look at it as an opportunity to make a new PJ friend with your ticket buddy. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    The answer is logistics for 10C.  The overwhelming majority of seats in rows in venues are even numbered. This allows 10C to easily place everyone fairly based on seniority and avoid splitting pairs up into separate rows because someone bought a single and now a row is off.  It’s just hands down easier this way.

That’s not to say it’s a flawless system though. I was on the pull out risers at MSG in 2008 and there are odd-numbered rows on those and I had 1 ticket in a row and then a ticket for the seat directly behind me.  I wasn’t happy and 10C said there was nothing they could do. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • I highly doubt you will have an issue pulling a single ticket in any of the public sales, as long as you're online when the sale starts.

• I agree, I'm also going solo and I'm struggling to  justify spending that much on tickets since you have to buy the pair.
    MR242791 said:

I think all of us would be hard pressed to find one or more people that would want to go to six Pearl Jam shows with us.  You are weird, and so are the rest of us on here.  If you get extras I would just line people up as soon as you can to take them. GA will be easier to get rid of than reserved tickets. 

It would be great to have the option to get one ticket, but look at it as an opportunity to make a new PJ friend with your ticket buddy. 

That’s a really good suggestion about the GA tickets.  But I hate GA tickets, not because of the standing but because im 5’2 and won’t be able to see anything. Ugh 
    38 concerts and counting
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I understand that allocating pairs is easier for the 10C, but a few adjustments to whatever script/programming is used to allocate seats would probably make it possible to deal with single ticket purchases.  I hope it is something they consider in the near future and just allow purchase of 1 or 2 tickets.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If they allow single seats, the allocation of reserved seats based on seniority would be a bit more difficult.
  • If I win for Boston night one I'd be going alone.I am traveling from NY to go to the show.
    Madison Square Garden 05/02/2015 Bucketlist Song Black
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,272
    edited February 2018
    I'm going solo. Getting 2 shows. I thought about just doing one and seeing if anyone would want to swap like someone else mentioned, but I have a pretty low # and thought i'd be better off trying to sell my extra on here. Hoping it isnt too hard, I don't want to get caught with $225 of an extra ticket
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    edited February 2018
    I can totally relate to your post. It would be alot easier if there were a 1 ticket option. I've gone the solo route quite a few times myself and having to buy pairs does complicate things a bit. On the bright side you often end up meeting some good people because of it.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    If anyone else is going solo and wants to buddy up for wrigley 2 GA, let me know! 
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 839
    MR242791 said:

I think you are underestimating the power of the solo show here. I am putting in for Wrigley GA night 1 and (assuming I win) will use the extra to swap with someone at another show. Having that extra ticket for Wrigley would likely get me into one of many shows with a little effort.

What they really need on here is a multi way match algorithm. I put in what I have and what I need and they do a group match like a 3 team NBA trade.
  • I'm planning on trying for GA for both Seattle shows. Most likely night 2 for the first pick, and night 1 the second. If anyone wants to reverse the order of their picks and swap if we're lucky winners for our first picks but not the second, let me know!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited February 2018
    I'm going solo too. I'm going to put in for 1 Seattle show and hopefully trade my spare for the other Seattle show. If I'm lucky to get tix thru the draw I think I'll be ok. 
    That's what I'm doing too. Just enter for one night (GA only because my number sucks), and then if I win I'll swap my spare with someone who has a spare GA ticket for the other night, and we'll both be happy. :) Although if I don't win my one lottery entry I'm not going at all. If not going isn't an option, then this plan stinks, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I understand the going solo thing and not wanting to purchase what you don't need, but, it's a logistics thing. Break it down, if there were only 10 seats at a show and 4 people bought single tickets, the rest were two ticket purchases, they would have to ensure the 4 solo people were sitting together in order to ensure the pairs were also sitting together, in order of seniority.  Magnify that by 80,000 seats, well there you go. 
  • I'm coming solo, from the UK.  I think my best bet is to go GA for both Seattle dates - and hope I get lucky.  If not, that I can be a ticket buddy for someone.  My 10c number is high...  I've been umming and aahing over what to do, but I'm in. You only live once.
  • mace1229 said:
    I'm going solo. Getting 2 shows. I thought about just doing one and seeing if anyone would want to swap like someone else mentioned, but I have a pretty low # and thought i'd be better off trying to sell my extra on here. Hoping it isnt too hard, I don't want to get caught with $225 of an extra ticket
    looking for day 2 GA in Seattle, please keep me in mind,
  •   I go solo to Pearl Jam shows, and other live music events too- found out it's fun, and it's often better than going with someone who's just not that into it-  Yes, it'd be nice to beable to get  a one ticket option .
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
    I'm coming solo, from the UK.  I think my best bet is to go GA for both Seattle dates - and hope I get lucky.  If not, that I can be a ticket buddy for someone.  My 10c number is high...  I've been umming and aahing over what to do, but I'm in. You only live once.
    your best bet is the two fenway shows!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I'm coming solo, from the UK.  I think my best bet is to go GA for both Seattle dates - and hope I get lucky.  If not, that I can be a ticket buddy for someone.  My 10c number is high...  I've been umming and aahing over what to do, but I'm in. You only live once.
    your best bet is the two fenway shows!
    I know, but Seattle, it's on my bucket list and I might never get the chance again....! 

• I just put my entry in for Seattle 1 GA.  Fingers crossed.
    If any of you solo travelers win Seattle 2 ... please think of me.  :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • I won Seattle 1 GA, looking for a ticket buddy for Seattle 2 GA, let me know!