Thoughts on Jane?

Really thought they should have got in. Perry and Co.,influenced Nirvana,the Peppers,and PJ. I would have swapped out Yes in favor of them. Just my opinion.

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I was hoping they would have made it. They gave a lot of the 90's band's popularity through Perry's Lollapalooza festival.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    I agree that they should be in but no way am I swapping Jane for Yes ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • AceCoolAceCool Posts: 455
    There's the essence of the conundrum that is the RRHoF. It's nothing more than a popularity contest more often than not determined by how many records sold and how many hit songs they had played on the radio. In sporting halls of fame there are determining milestones that need to be met (production on the field of play, longevity in the game, championships won, etc). More often than not with the RRHoF it comes down to "I like this band but I don't like that band".

Yes most definitely deserved to be inducted based on their position as one of the leading bands in the Prog-Rock genre.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,782

I agree that they should be in but no way am I swapping Jane for Yes ...

AceCool said:

There's the essence of the conundrum that is the RRHoF. It's nothing more than a popularity contest more often than not determined by how many records sold and how many hit songs they had played on the radio. In sporting halls of fame there are determining milestones that need to be met (production on the field of play, longevity in the game, championships won, etc). More often than not with the RRHoF it comes down to "I like this band but I don't like that band".

Yes most definitely deserved to be inducted based on their position as one of the leading bands in the Prog-Rock genre.

No way is right(swapping Jane for Yes)

Agree, that Yes deserved to be inducted based on what you said AceCool. Probably should've been inducted years ago. Plus, it's a shame that Chris Squire is no longer with us , to enjoy this moment.
  • Add me to the list of Yes supporters.

I love Jane's Addiction, but Yes is one of the classic bands. I'm surprised they weren't already in.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Yes absolutely deserves to be in. They set the standard for musicianship in the prog-rock world. I love Jane's and hope they make it in at some point, but Yes is way more deserving at this point.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    Think of Pearl Jam as Pedro Martinez as they are both 1st ballot HOF's and think of Jane as Bert Blyleven as they will get in eventually.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • joseph33 said:

Really thought they should have got in. Perry and Co.,influenced Nirvana,the Peppers,and PJ. I would have swapped out Yes in favor of them. Just my opinion.

I would have swapped out Journey in favor of them. I mean, seriously, Journey???????????????
  • Journey was awesome. A great band for their era with music that is still appreciated by many.
  • Tupac would be my punt. I can't stand rap.

But I respect the fact he generated a massive following and was on the front end of a musical genre.