Future Days - A Shameless Plea.....

redmosquito83redmosquito83 Posts: 188
edited August 2016 in The Porch
I know this is a crazy long shot, and probably won't make it anywhere, but from having been to a bunch of shows and lurked here on the boards for many years, I've seen and heard of many stories of a note reaching the band.

This is a shameless attempt to try and do something special for my wife.

When Shannon and I met, I was already a huge PJ fan, but she wasn't. Over our first years together, she grew to like the band as a result of being exposed to their music regularly. She knew how much going to shows has always meant to me, but had yet to experience it herself until a couple summers ago.

As a Chicago native (now based on the West Coast), I figured there would be no better first PJ show experience she could have than one in my hometown. So we went to the epic rain delay show at Wrigley, and that night she became a massive fan. One of many highlights was the band playing Future Days for the first time ever. As a beautiful love song, being played for the first time live, at her first show, in The Windy City, after a long rain delay....it instantly became 'our song,' as I know it has for so many other PJ couples.

Since then, we've been to more shows together, but that first Future Days experience is still top of the list. So much so that she walked down the aisle to the song (sung by her sister), at our wedding a few months ago. Additionally, being the incredible woman she is, her wedding gift to me was a framed poster from that Wrigley show to add to my collection, mounted alongside shots of us from the concert and a lyric sheet to Future Days.

We are so fortunate to be going back to the pit for PJ at Wrigley on 8/22. Far be it for me to presume to weigh in on setlist decisions (I haven't been let down yet), but I can't honestly imagine the look on Shannon's face if they play Future Days live there again, and it's a look I'd do anything to see.

Steve
Post edited by redmosquito83 on

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I'll second this request. My fiancé and i will be in ga tomorrow and in one week we will be having our first dance as a married couple to future days.

Would be a cool moment if they play it either night.
  • jpk97uwjpk97uw Posts: 64
    Thanks guys. Just sang this to my 9 month old to try and get her to sleep. Our future days...days of you and me. Beautiful.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    You'd make thousands of people so angry though.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Smellyman said:

Including me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    edited August 2016

Smellyman said:

Including me.
    I know. I want to be all for someone to get that one song they love but I've got my limits. This is a fucking rock band. Go crash a prom dance if you want to stare into somebody's eyes and slow dance.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. Ed wrote it and likes it so obviously the OP is right and my opinion is shit.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Agree with other sentiments. This song has no business at a rock concert.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    love this song. hope u get it

I'll second this request. My fiancé and i will be in ga tomorrow and in one week we will be having our first dance as a married couple to future days.

Would be a cool moment if they play it either night.

Agreed, would be a beautiful thing. Congrats on the wedding!

• Bump for ya!
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    Good luck, almost sounds exactly like my wife and I. Wrigley wasn't her first show but we were engaged and were trying to think of a song for our wedding and as soon as we heard this we both were like "We may have just found our song". It was our first dance together as a married couple 2yrs ago.
  • Great story OP! Hope they play it for you!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    I will just add that Ed said in one of the 10c newsletters that that was one of the LB songs he was most proud of.
    Maybe they can play it instead of Just Breathe or SBM? There has to be some slow songs/piss break songs at rock concerts people.