Need some help from the people I've called family since 1992

DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
edited August 2016 in The Porch
I'm not sure if this is the right page for this (and if it isn't, admins: I can take it down right away).

My husband Nate was run over by a forklift by a person that was not certified to be driving it in 2012. Since then, we've been dealing with bills upon bills upon bills.

His foot was crushed and his knee was fractured. The foot (because of the crush) had severe nerve damage that the docs diagnosed as CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome -- which essentially means, you're screwed because there's nothing we can do but give you Lyrica) and the knee, due to the fractures, started producing calcium deposits that feel like you have gravel in your joints but also produced benign tumors that got worse with every surgery (4). Now they say that they would do radiation but with the CRPS, it would make it way worse. Nate already cannot sleep and has trouble concentrating.

Since Nate is an ice sculptor (www.natesice.com), he wanted to try to get back to work ASAP. So the workers compensation was cut off and we have been paying the bills, which have been completely drowning us.

Now the doctors want to amputate Nate's leg from above the knee down. We are looking at prosthetics. While Nate would yell "just cut it off!" while in pain, this is becoming real.

We are asking for help with bills. This is not something he wanted to do but it has come down to either losing our home or asking for help. I just started the campaign so there are no donations as of yet.

Again, if this isn't the right area to post this (or if I shouldn't be posting at all) let me know.

Much love to all of you. Please share if you can. Here is the link:

https://www.crowdrise.com/nates-crps-and-possible-amputation-medical-expenses/fundraiser/danajohnson10

Edit: I was tempted to ask for a song dedication at Wrigley but honestly...just being able to go is enough. Friends and family made that happen and I'm feeling lucky enough just to be in the building.
I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
Post edited by DarbyCrash on

Comments

• Good luck to you guys. Tough stuff to read on the Porch tonight
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lets try to keep this up top, and help out if possible...
  • DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    Thank you ❤️

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818

Good luck to you guys. Tough stuff to read on the Porch tonight

exactly...I dislike all that is happening to people around here lately

wish all the best OP!
  • DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    pjalive21 said:

Good luck to you guys. Tough stuff to read on the Porch tonight

exactly...I dislike all that is happening to people around here lately

wish all the best OP!
    Thanks, to all. Not used to asking for money, especially from friends. So thank you for making me feel comfortable about it.

• wgwg Posts: 411
    Stay Positive.

Good things happen to good people.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

lets try to keep this up top, and help out if possible...

Way to go, rust.

Darby, my best thoughts to you and your husband.
  • ^^^