***OFFI-cal 10C MEMBERS' GOODBYES***

right about now seems like a great time to start a thread for everyone who wants to announce their divorce from the fan club, so i thought i could be the one to give the members a voice. trying to keep this all in one thread so the porch isn't overcrowded with so many similar threads (not that anyone around here does that...)

let's hear it fans!! who's quitting the 10c over the latest fiasco in Raleigh? also please include the $$ amount the band cost you, as well as all the heartache and confusion you've experienced as a consequence of the band's desire to take a stand.

oh, almost forgot the obligatory statement of thanks in advance to all the members with a number lower than 62,xxx. you guys rock!
First: ATL2 04/03/1994
Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
Next: ??
http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
“I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    huh?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    I completely disagree with what the band did, but I wont leave the 10C for it...we know this band is political and they take stances and as shitty as what they did to 20,000 plus fans I realize who they are

BUT if people quit the 10C they are making the same statement the band did and you can't blame the fans for that because so many people got screwed money-wise because of some dumb politicians who could care less if the band plays or not
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Just think of show cancellations as an extension of the ticket lottery system.
  • I live in Chapel Hill and had GA tickets for the Raleigh show. I support the band's politics on this issue but feel like the choice to cancel the show was tacky and gutless. I won't be quitting the Ten Club because I love this band's music and will try to see them again if they ever come through this area. What I won't ever do again is plan a trip around one of the band's shows. There are terrible politicians everywhere and this band is telling me that any one of those politicians has the power to kill off of Pearl Jam show at the last minute.
  • jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169

There are terrible politicians everywhere and this band is telling me that any one of those politicians has the power to kill off of Pearl Jam show at the last minute.

No, you need a majority of terrible politicians before it matters.

• jeffwalsh said:

There are terrible politicians everywhere and this band is telling me that any one of those politicians has the power to kill off of Pearl Jam show at the last minute.

No, you need a majority of terrible politicians before it matters.

Really?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-kansas-governor-gay-protection-20150210-story.html
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    jeffwalsh said:
    Jeff, I see you have now gone over 100 posts. And I must say you probably have the best ratio of quality to number of posts of anyone on here. Fine form.
  • whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited April 2016
    jeffwalsh said:
    with a little class. out of the ordinary for these parts. you're leaving? the champagne is pretty good...
  • I live in Chapel Hill and had GA tickets for the Raleigh show. I support the band's politics on this issue but feel like the choice to cancel the show was tacky and gutless.

Yup. Springsteen happened 10 days ago. Pearl Jam cancelling was just about a foregone conclusion. How about some advance warning so I could have made alternate plans to travel to Va. or S.C.? I probably would have blocked off the time from work and arranged for an overnight babysitter so my wife and I could attend. Instead I'm left holding worthless floor tickets for Raleigh.

Whether you agree with the ultimate decision or not, from a fan perspective, Pearl Jam completely bungled the decision with the last-minute cancellation stunt.
    08.06.2000 • Greensboro
    06.26.2006 • St. Paul
    11.30.2012 • Fort Lauderdale [EV]
    10.29.2013 • Charlottesville
  • jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    dignin said:

Jeff, I see you have now gone over 100 posts. And I must say you probably have the best ratio of quality to number of posts of anyone on here. Fine form.

Thanks! Yeah, after 9 years or so on here, it took trans rights to get me posting, heh. After my show in Columbia on Thursday, I'm sure I'll disappear for the most part again, until the next tour, since I usually only attend the closest local show to me on any given tour.

Not leaving, that video was just for those who are... ;-)

• actually surprised we haven't seen more departures this time around... thank you all for proving me wrong. looking forward to Columbia! we better get Lightning Bolt in full, or i fucking quit the club because of shitty seats!