Lance Armstrong's Rise & Fall....THE PROGRAM....Trailer

Wow! Ben Foster looks exactly like Lance. He even took PED's to really put himself into the role.

Even non-cyclists should get a kick out of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfp859pcM0"]

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    That still of the video makes him look like a cross between Louis CK and Josh Homme =)

What do you think about his taking PED's for this? I know it's similar to actors gaining or losing much weight or going to other extremes but mostly strikes me as pretty ridiculous.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    hedonist said:

That still of the video makes him look like a cross between Louis CK and Josh Homme =)

What do you think about his taking PED's for this? I know it's similar to actors gaining or losing much weight or going to other extremes but mostly strikes me as pretty ridiculous.

Good question, I'm pretty sure he had to train for this movie for all the cycling scenes from the many phases it takes to get in shape to do so. That said, he probably wanted to see what the difference was from going without to taking the many forms of PEDS Lance took. To the point of how much of a marketed improvement those drugs were going to do for him. The feeling of what was it like to drive Lance up climbs like H'Alpe D' Huez above all other riders.

He's playing Lance so he has to in many ways become Lance with his arrogance and sheer ruthlessness he had to those who opposed and accused him of taking PEDS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Peace

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,767
    He should not be eligible for any awards. His performance was enhanced. I don't think it's fair for the other actors
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

He should not be eligible for any awards. His performance was enhanced. I don't think it's fair for the other actors

Oh come on give the guy some slack....you do see how tough of a guy he's trying portray right. :smiley:

Peace

Love to go for a ride right now but of course it's raining. South Florida at this time of the year gets rains heavy rains unexpectedly.

Peace

• g under p said:

Love to go for a ride right now but of course it's raining. South Florida at this time of the year gets rains heavy rains unexpectedly.

Peace

Don't be such a wimp. What would Lance do? :tongue:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • I'm sure this is a good movie. I just realized, I don't give a fuck about lance Armstrong anymore.
  • I'm still a Lance fan. Dude was just doing what everyone else in cycling was doing. But he got singled out & made an example of by the USADA just like Goodell did to Brady. The way I see it, our doper beat everyone else's dopers 7 straight times, after beating cancer, with one nut, while banging Sheryl Crow. Good for him!

I'm still a Lance fan. Dude was just doing what everyone else in cycling was doing. But he got singled out & made an example of by the USADA just like Goodell did to Brady. The way I see it, our doper beat everyone else's dopers 7 straight times, after beating cancer, with one nut, while banging Sheryl Crow. Good for him!

All those things and circumstances I can understand but did he have to be so obnoxiously ruthless, mean to those who opposed him. This coming from one who was one of his biggest fans. I drove to Silver Spring MD to the Discovery Channel building to get his autograph. He was nice and gracious there but he sure could have done more of that though.

Peace

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,948
    The one thing that gets lost in all of this is that most of the other guys who were doping as much as Lance only got a 6 month suspension.