Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    So what if the Iranian leaders and other middle eastern countries really wanted Soleimani gone?

Those missiles shot from Iran were just for show?

Iraq and everyone else is screaming for "deescalation" now.

Those missiles only hurt Iraqi civilians so they should be pissed, again, at Iran but don't seem to be jumping up and down like they should be.

Crazy thoughts?  Let's see what else happens.

Just imagine if this was all a coup?
    Yes, crazy thoughts. What's the opposite of Occam's Razor?
    Yeah, it's literally the Trump's apologists playbook.  Whatever the most complicated, convoluted, tenuous possibility, is the right one.  It's literally what his apologists sell us every day.. the anti-Occam. 
    Holy fuck dude, I actually came up with this myself.

You mean to tell me that this is what other people are saying, seriously?  I meant this as tongue in cheek and a huge "what if".

If other people are saying this I would love to see links.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Every single one of your responses was completely predictable. 100%. America bad. Everybody else in the world a victim of America. Long live the rest of the world. America go to hell. 
    Pretty common around here. 
    So I guess you agree that America should level a city of 9 million?

If not then please stop encouraging stupid posts. Because nobody here said long live the rest of the world, America go to hell.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    Let me review what I have said here.

1. Let's get out of the Middle East completely. It's been nothing but trouble since the beginning. Our govt has been shady in its dealings because of the stupid oil. We should lead in the development of alternative fuel sources so we don't have to deal with these lunatics anymore. 

To which most of you responded: You know nothing!!

2. American citizens and soldiers are in harm's way. We have an obligation to protect Americans. If we don't show a willingness to use our strength, Americans all over the world will be at risk.

To which most of you responded: But the Iranian women and children too!

3. The theocracy in Iran is frighteningly antithetical to human rights. I have no sympathy for anyone aligned with a religion that promotes the oppression of its people.

To which most of you responded: But America!!

Every single one of your responses was completely predictable. 100%. America bad. Everybody else in the world a victim of America. Long live the rest of the world. America go to hell. 

It's disgusting. Listen to yourselves. 
    do saudi arabia next.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,770
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

1. Let's get out of the Middle East completely. It's been nothing but trouble since the beginning. Our govt has been shady in its dealings because of the stupid oil. We should lead in the development of alternative fuel sources so we don't have to deal with these lunatics anymore. 

2. American citizens and soldiers are in harm's way. We have an obligation to protect Americans. If we don't show a willingness to use our strength, Americans all over the world will be at risk.

3. The theocracy in Iran is frighteningly antithetical to human rights. I have no sympathy for anyone aligned with a religion that promotes the oppression of its people.

Actually, no. What you said was to bomb an entire city of about 9 million people nto the ground. That’s what’s disgusting. 
    That's right.. that's what generated my reaction, the total disregard for the lives of hte citizens of Tehran.. and what was the reason?  Oh yeah, because the women are oppressed.  While that is deplorable, and they need to get out of the medieval ages, leveling a city seems to be over the top just a touch.  
    I have some trouble seeing how levelling Tehran helps the women. 
    You must hate America. 
    don't we all? I mean, it's cool to hate america. I know I've been hating 350 million people because of their government's foreign policy for years now. makes as much sense as murdering all the oppressed peoples of the world to free them from said oppression. 

DEATH TO THE OPPRESSED! 
    Are there even enough virgins for this?
    PFFT. who the hell wants virgins. i want 72 whores. 

One of my all time favorite Family Guy jokes.. They're all playing Magic the Gathering.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Actually, no. What you said was to bomb an entire city of about 9 million people nto the ground. That’s what’s disgusting. 
    That's right.. that's what generated my reaction, the total disregard for the lives of hte citizens of Tehran.. and what was the reason?  Oh yeah, because the women are oppressed.  While that is deplorable, and they need to get out of the medieval ages, leveling a city seems to be over the top just a touch.  
    You must hate America. 
    don't we all? I mean, it's cool to hate america. I know I've been hating 350 million people because of their government's foreign policy for years now. makes as much sense as murdering all the oppressed peoples of the world to free them from said oppression. 

DEATH TO THE OPPRESSED! 
    All extremists should be shot.  
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    dignin said:

If not then please stop encouraging stupid posts. Because nobody here said long live the rest of the world, America go to hell.
    the long live rest of the world america go to hell part is just conservative hyperbole. nobody in 20 years on this board has ever said that. they are just putting words in peoples' mouths.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You must hate America. 

DEATH TO THE OPPRESSED! 
    All extremists should be shot.  
    Does that include Anit-fa and the Proud Boys?
  • Options
    Please get over it just because most us of want Peace and this idiot president is playing war games as if he's in his livingroom , guess what this president started this and now here we are! Baffoon can go to hell along with all his family and supporters ...
    Let's see he keeps stating that this was caused by the killing of an american contractor correct ? So why not the same response when his buddy the prince ordered the killing & dismemberment of the reporter nothing was said against SA nothing as if the man was worthless …
    Anti-Trump sentiment and anti-America sentiment are different. A lot of people hate Trump, understandably. But others seem to have some problem with America because America elected Trump. I think that's dumb. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    So what if the Iranian leaders and other middle eastern countries really wanted Soleimani gone?

Those missiles shot from Iran were just for show?

Iraq and everyone else is screaming for "deescalation" now.

Those missiles only hurt Iraqi civilians so they should be pissed, again, at Iran but don't seem to be jumping up and down like they should be.

Crazy thoughts?  Let's see what else happens.

Just imagine if this was all a coup?
    Yes, crazy thoughts. What's the opposite of Occam's Razor?
    Yeah, it's literally the Trump's apologists playbook.  Whatever the most complicated, convoluted, tenuous possibility, is the right one.  It's literally what his apologists sell us every day.. the anti-Occam. 
    Holy fuck dude, I actually came up with this myself.

You mean to tell me that this is what other people are saying, seriously?  I meant this as tongue in cheek and a huge "what if".

If other people are saying this I would love to see links.
    Just read Breitbart for a few days.  You'll see it.  
  • Options
    dignin said:

Two things, first off, no I don't think America should level a city of 9 million so don't put those words in my mouth. Secondly,  I don't think he or she is suggesting that anyone has said "Long live the rest of the world. America go to hell" verbatim. I think he/she is just talking about the vibe around here. It seems like a lot of Trump's horrible descisions/motives are construed as the country's horrible descisions/movites. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:

Two things, first off, no I don't think America should level a city of 9 million so don't put those words in my mouth. Secondly,  I don't think he or she is suggesting that anyone has said "Long live the rest of the world. America go to hell" verbatim. I think he/she is just talking about the vibe around here. It seems like a lot of Trump's horrible descisions/motives are construed as the country's horrible descisions/movites. 
    Not for me.  The action is Trump's, not mine or my family.  This is on him 100% and I won't be behind him on this.  
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    All is well!

I’m a little nervous about the presser at 11.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,912
    What kind of a weird war game is this anyway?  A U.S. drone kills Suleimani.  Iran strikes back by targeting a base in Iraq but warns them first and choose a target that is relatively secure.  For the most part, the only casualties are Irag civilians.  Iraq does not seem to be too concerned about that.  And supposedly the Iranian missile strike may appease all involved.  WTF?

What the hell is going on here? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I think the missiles are a big smoke screen, the airliner is the real story, no?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    dignin said:

Did you see the question mark at the end of that sentence? That's not putting words in anyone's mouth. If you don't agree with that, you should call it out, not pretend like it wasn't said.

And said poster is the one that aligns with the extremist view of leveling a city, which isn't a far stretch to believe that Trump feels the same way. The poster wants extreme disproportionate escalation.

So forgive anyone for possibly equating the two.
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    I think the missiles are a big smoke screen, the airliner is the real story, no?

Beats me, Hi.  I think the whole thing is just bat-shit crazy. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Not for me.  The action is Trump's, not mine or my family.  This is on him 100% and I won't be behind him on this.  
    I agree. He’s insane, he’s going against his general’s recommendations, and he’s willing to kill civilians and start a war to distract from his administration’s corruption. He’s the worst. But I just don’t think it’s fair to say that his actions reflect the country. Or even the GOP as a whole...though they do reflect on the GOP leaders that sold their soul to Trump 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:

Beats me, Hi.  I think the whole thing is just bat-shit crazy. 
    +1

• Options
    Hi! said:
    I seriously doubt it.  The plane had no Americans and was plurality Iranian.  Also had a bunch of Canadians.  Both the Ukraine and Iranian gov'ts are saying mechanical failure.  Why would either US or Iran shoot that down, and then Ukraine comes out and says it was mechanical?  Occam's Razor day.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,283
    Hi! said:
    All is well!

I’m a little nervous about the presser at 11.

quick, visit fox news site any shows twitter etc , you'll be sure to get a preview of trumps address.  do it before 11 too. just to see......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Like this for example:

"Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said that Iran “took and concluded proportionate measures” with the attacks and that “we do not seek escalation or war”. This may mean that Iran feels Suleimani’s death has been avenged and this matter is now closed."

How is it that a country as angry as Iran feels appeased by an attack that basically did nothing but kill some Iraqi citizens and did little harm to the U.S.  Not that I wanted them to be more successful (I wish none of this had happened), but it's like, OK, you killed our #2 man so we are going to kick dust in your face and call it even.  WTF?  There's got to be more to it, right?  I don't get it. 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    brianlux said:
    Like this for example:

"Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said that Iran “took and concluded proportionate measures” with the attacks and that “we do not seek escalation or war”. This may mean that Iran feels Suleimani’s death has been avenged and this matter is now closed."

How is it that a country as angry as Iran feels appeased by an attack that basically did nothing but kill some Iraqi citizens and did little harm to the U.S.  Not that I wanted them to be more successful (I wish none of this had happened), but it's like, OK, you killed our #2 man so we are going to kick dust in your face and call it even.  WTF?  There's got to be more to it, right?  I don't get it. 

firing 12 missles isnt insignificant. they called his bluff. he let it pass for this long..... no tweets other than All is well..... reminded of kevin bacon in animal house during the parade....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Trump hammering the Sudafed this morning? I’m expecting a major sniffle fest at 11.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Like this for example:

firing 12 missles isnt insignificant. they called his bluff. he let it pass for this long..... no tweets other than All is well..... reminded of kevin bacon in animal house during the parade....

If that's calling his bluff, he must be laughing his ass off.  It just doesn't add up.  The whole thing is nuts.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Like this for example:

If that's calling his bluff, he must be laughing his ass off.  It just doesn't add up.  The whole thing is nuts.
    he was quite clear in 52 tweet.....
    they say now what motherfucker.....

• Options
    brianlux said:
    What kind of a weird war game is this anyway?  A U.S. drone kills Suleimani.  Iran strikes back by targeting a base in Iraq but warns them first and choose a target that is relatively secure.  For the most part, the only casualties are Irag civilians.  Iraq does not seem to be too concerned about that.  And supposedly the Iranian missile strike may appease all involved.  WTF?

I say something along these lines and I get accused of being a Trump lackey, you say it and crickets...

Amazing.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Like this for example:

Check out this thread on the topic:

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I seriously doubt it.  The plane had no Americans and was plurality Iranian.  Also had a bunch of Canadians.  Both the Ukraine and Iranian gov'ts are saying mechanical failure.  Why would either US or Iran shoot that down, and then Ukraine comes out and says it was mechanical?  Occam's Razor day.  
    The airliner story will become moot and not this Occams Razor/Rube Goldberg thing you have going on here.  Unless they start pulling names from the plane that mean something then the black helicopters can start flying and that razor can be sharpened and Rube's machine for opening up that can of worms will be extravagant.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I say something along these lines and I get accused of being a Trump lackey, you say it and crickets...

Amazing.

That's not crickets you hear, just my tinnitus.  Now worries.  :lol:

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    Like this for example:

Check out this thread on the topic:

I'm not on Twitter so can read more than what you posted.