Schilling Not InThe Hall Because He's A Republican

g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
edited January 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
According to him, that is. I think he's a strong deserving candidate but to think it's because he's Republican is ridiculous. I'm sure there's a republican or two in the hall. Right.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/curt-schilling-i-lost-hall-of-fame-votes-because-im-republican/

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    or, because he's annoying blowhard who only won 200 some games. Just sayin'....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    He'll get in one day. But he is an annoying fucktard.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wait, WHAT?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    he's borderline. if he gets in Mike Mussina should get in. Andy Pettitte as well.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote: »
    he's borderline. if he gets in Mike Mussina should get in. Andy Pettitte as well.

I thought Mussina was a no brainer. Petitte, not so much. But Schilling will eventually get in. The bloody sock playoff win locked it up for him.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Pettitte just in the playoffs alone deserves it. Guy was a BEAST. A BEAST
  • Petitte
    Steroids
    Fuck him
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Petitte
    Steroids
    Fuck him

right.....little buddy, gets in....bonds gets in.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477
    imalive wrote: »

pedro won 3 more games than schill. guys aren't winning anywhere near 300 games anymore.
    www.myspace.com

pedro won 3 more games than schill. guys aren't winning anywhere near 300 games anymore.

yeah, but Pedro was dominant with a capital D.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

I saw him pitch at Fenway in September 1999 after a summer in Nantucket.he was simply awesome and HE knew he was borderline cockey. He just knew no one was going to beat him. He is certainly a HOFmer in my book Curt can't touch him, not even close.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Either because he is an asshole or a republican. He should be in. As should Tim Raines

Baseball HOF voters are a bag of dicks.
    Jason P wrote: »
    Either because he is an asshole or a republican. He should be in. As should Tim Raines

I hope you want Bonds in too....because Raines snorted coke during games (which I actually have no problem with!) and you could argue that's more disrespectful of the game than taking a little HGH.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I agree with Olbermann. They should just close the HOF and start over.

OK......how does KO suggest they "start over"?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I hope you want Bonds in too....because Raines snorted coke during games (which I actually have no problem with!) and you could argue that's more disrespectful of the game than taking a little HGH.

Who gives a rats ass about respecting the game? Coke isn't a PED. I'd argue that PEDs are worse for the game than bumping a couple lines.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Without question, Bonds should be in.

Who gives a rats ass about respecting the game? Coke isn't a PED. I'd argue that PEDs are worse for the game than bumping a couple lines.

it's a stimulant.....gets you going when you might otherwise be dragging.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

it's a stimulant.....gets you going when you might otherwise be dragging.

Yes, but it doesn't help at all with hand eye coordination the way HGH would. If fact, it hinders it.

I heard he got the nickname rock from the Crack rock he kept in his pockets during a game. Any truth to that?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477
    edited January 2015

Agreed. Your premise about the 200 win thing, though is incorrect.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • How does HGH help with hand-eye coordination? It helps your body recover faster. Its normally given to children that are not growing and to help people age slower when prescribed in a legal manner. In fact I would say coke is much more a PED for in game purposes than HGH. All the players love adderall and stimulants now as not only does it help them get up for the grueling schedule but helps them process these 100 mph pitches faster as their minds are much more focused. Personally I say we stop pretending this is still purely sports and realize by paying these guys millions of dollars we turned them more into entertainers and let them do whatever they want. Players will always looks for an advantage with the amount of money that can be made now.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge wrote: »
    How does HGH help with hand-eye coordination? It helps your body recover faster. Its normally given to children that are not growing and to help people age slower when prescribed in a legal manner. In fact I would say coke is much more a PED for in game purposes than HGH. All the players love adderall and stimulants now as not only does it help them get up for the grueling schedule but helps them process these 100 mph pitches faster as their minds are much more focused. Personally I say we stop pretending this is still purely sports and realize by paying these guys millions of dollars we turned them more into entertainers and let them do whatever they want. Players will always looks for an advantage with the amount of money that can be made now.

don't fück up his post with FACTS, for gods sake.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

OK......how does KO suggest they "start over"?
    I don't know that he ever really suggested how. Just why. He made some valid points, though.