2024 CHICAGO BEARS

1444546474850»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    Good luck getting the legislature to approve 2 billion dollars in public financing from the State. There will be a lot of resistance especially from downstate from people who will never go to a Bears game and will not perceive any benefit from building a billionaire a stadium.
    Yeah it's hard to see this one going through.  First that asshole Reinsdorf asking for a billion and now the McCaskey's asking for 2 bill.  They shouldn't get a dollar.  They haven't even paid off the last renovation they did to Soldier Field 25 years ago!  Still like 650M left on that.
    Happy Caleb Williams day!

Excited to see what they do with #9...
    Today is the day!

If they don't trade out of 9, hoping for either Odunze or Murphy.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    Good luck getting the legislature to approve 2 billion dollars in public financing from the State. There will be a lot of resistance especially from downstate from people who will never go to a Bears game and will not perceive any benefit from building a billionaire a stadium.
    Yeah it's hard to see this one going through.  First that asshole Reinsdorf asking for a billion and now the McCaskey's asking for 2 bill.  They shouldn't get a dollar.  They haven't even paid off the last renovation they did to Soldier Field 25 years ago!  Still like 650M left on that.

Artists renderings look pretty sweet but a) the Bears should play outdoors and b) no state or municipality should EVER kick in for a stadium. people in Vegas are trying to get something on the ballot to block any public funding for the A's. If it gets on the ballot, I predict John Fisher won't get his sweetheart deal. I'm hoping for the same here in Salt Lake for our new NHL team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,278
    I don't know what the hell Atlanta was thinking, but I'm glad they f'd up their pick and we got Odunze!!  I mean, that seems to be a historically bad decision.  Bears offense is stacked!!!!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,382
    And given the long history of the Chicago Bears developing young quarterbacks and wide receivers, I am sure this will lead to at least 2 Super Bowl Championships.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,215
    And given the long history of the Chicago Bears developing young quarterbacks and wide receivers, I am sure this will lead to at least 2 Super Bowl Championships.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    and a redux of the Super Bowl shuffle..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,359
    They really need to move to Arlington. That stadium on the lake will never be built and they have already out lived their time at soldier.  It’s time to move on…
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 931
    I don’t think they have any intention of building in the city anymore. I think they’re trying to play a game of who blinks first with Arlington Heights. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    Hard Knocks has been pretty good so far.  Caleb looked pretty damn good vs the Bills on Saturday.....that throw on the move to Kmet was sick.  
    Hard Knocks has been pretty good so far.  Caleb looked pretty damn good vs the Bills on Saturday.....that throw on the move to Kmet was sick.  
    Yeah, it's been a lot of fun so far.  That throw was damn impressive, as was his little dumpoff to Swift.  This season is going to be fun!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,382
    Fuck Cincy 
    Wow.  That felt like a game from 2006.  Shitty offense getting bailed out the by the D and special teams.  O-line is a big problem.  Caleb wasn't good at all but that line was complete shit.
  • Ugly, can’t believe they pulled out a W. I put $5 on the Bears D/ST to score two TD’s. Love a good luck bet, paid $280 for me.
    Wow.  That felt like a game from 2006.  Shitty offense getting bailed out the by the D and special teams.  O-line is a big problem.  Caleb wasn't good at all but that line was complete shit.
    The O-line needs to get it together and fast.  
    I'm not overly concerned with Caleb.  I've watched the breakdowns, which include the all 22, and most of what he did wrong was just minor stuff, off timing and bad play around him.  His accuracy will be there and while he says he wasn't nervous, i'm pretty sure he had some nerves going.
    I have this game on mute but DJ Moore looks disgusted with his QB.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I'm a Caleb fan, but the line didn't block anyone.
    Anyone.
    At all 

I fell into the hype about the offense.  Didn't realize he would be running for his life from snap each time.
    Hope that gets better.  Maybe there are injuries or something?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I'm a Caleb fan, but the line didn't block anyone.
    Anyone.
    At all 

I fell into the hype about the offense.  Didn't realize he would be running for his life from snap each time.
    every sack, overthrown ball and INT made me very happy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I'm a Caleb fan, but the line didn't block anyone.
    Anyone.
    At all 

Sadly there isn't much help on the way coming back from injuries.  Ryan Poles should be embarrassed for this offensive line he assembled.  I really like Odunze and think he's going to be good but maybe going offensive line at that pick would have been a smarter move.  Doesn't matter how many great WRs you have if the QB is running for this life every play.  That was tough to watch last night.
    Anyone.
    At all 

Sadly there isn't much help on the way coming back from injuries.  Ryan Poles should be embarrassed for this offensive line he assembled.  I really like Odunze and think he's going to be good but maybe going offensive line at that pick would have been a smarter move.  Doesn't matter how many great WRs you have if the QB is running for this life every play.  That was tough to watch last night.
    Yeah, it was painful to watch.  I don't think I've seen an Oline play worse that what I saw last night.  I don't remember the number....of the 30+ something pass plays, I think all but 2 had pressure on the QB.  He's going to get killed.
    We can blame the O-line all day, and we should....they played like shit, but more blame needs to go to Shane Waldron.
    The play calling was maddening and the stupid penalties that pushed us back all game long need to stop.  Where is the run game????  We were one of the best running teams in football last year even if you take Justin Fields out of the equation.  Stop running the ball to the edges!  The line and the TEs clearly cannot protect that or get into position especially on those silent snaps.  I don't get it...it's essentially the same line as last year and we are now averaging like 1.6 yards per carry?  I would like to see Herbert and Roshon more.  Both are more downfield runners who can run between the tackles.  We will never be able to throw the ball effectively with out a run game.
    Also....i'm almost done bitching...
    I realize that without a run game the play action is pretty much useless, but I don't think i saw one and I don't recall any designed bootlegs called.  Makes no sense.  And, it became obvious really quick that Houston was going to be in Caleb's face all night, where were the screen plays?  I'm not talking about the quick pitch and catch to the RBs....which never works.  Any team worth a shit would get a body out there when pressure was coming and with the ability to catch and his speed, Swift could have had a big game.  They did just that in preseason and Swift caught and ran it for like 50 yards.
  • This defense is solid and playoff worthy. The WR core is solid. I don't want to give away the farm, but it would be great if they could secure 2 OL before the deadline. They have a lot of draft capital to trade.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I'm guessing I won't watch more than 2 hours total, of the remaining games. Unless they do something with the offensive line, this could get real ugly. 

• Wobbie said:
    Anyone.
    At all 

every sack, overthrown ball and INT made me very happy.
    Dammit, I knew that without asking.
    Hater!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved