Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    No kidding. I can't stand the people who chat all through a show. Yelling and whistling is one thing, but people yelling a conversation is REALLY distracting!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    Thank you for posting this. I even watched the the Lil Wayne video and, though I'm not a fan of his music, I absolutely love how he called out the screamers, and then said he'd rather they never buy another album. That was beautiful.

This part of the article made me laugh so hard that I had to take out my contacts.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with incidental conversation during a show, such as, "Oh God Thom just revealed a heretofore secret gardenia plantation in my soul," or "Dude, do you have my lighter? No I'm pretty sure you do, check again. OH ha ha it's in my HAND." =))

You can even hear it on the YouTube videos of any artist/band. I'll finally find THAT song for which I'd been searching forever only to hear it drowned out by a LOUD ongoing phone conversation 'what? I didn't catch that. I know, the band is so fucking loud' :-w or someone repeatedly screaming out "AAARRGHHYEEAAHH!!" :(( or, the ultimate horror, I LOVE YOU milo/bob/sven!!, during the song's most poignant moment @-) :-O .

There is nothing you can say to these people that will bring them around to reasoned thinking or action. They are right, you are annoying THEM, period. :)>-
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    Awesome ^^^
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Well said. Shut up, watch the show (while not recording), and have a good time!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I find this shit so annoying too! I was following the PJ shows through Europe on youtube and there were so many videos where I could hear people having conversations over the music, and I'm like...DUDE IT'S A F@#$ING PEARL JAM CONCERT SHOW SOME DAMN RESPECT! I can only imagine how the people there felt....

There were a few too, and this annoyed me, where the person recording would sing the song and then that's all you could hear, you could no longer hear Ed....it's like really if you're going to make bootleg vids people aren't looking to hear your crappy voice drown out Eddie Vedder...sing when your camera isn't rolling please! Just another peeve of mine...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    My favorite quote: "What's gotten completely out of control is the prolonged, never-ending, half-shouted conversation that reduces a live performance to mere background music. My buddies didn't die face down in the Ticketmaster muck so I could hear all about how bad your pre-colonoscopy meds taste." =))

As the writer mentions, catch up BEFORE the show, or even after.
    ELITIST FUK
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    That Tweedy clip is amazing.

I just don't understand the rationale behind either,

1. Going to a show and talking about meaningless bullshit all night and completely missing the performance. Why evern go? So you can post pics of yourself on facebook proving how cool you are because you saw so and so? (I saw Cornell acoustic once and missed about 4 songs because this girl behind me had to tell her friend all about the shoes she bought that weekend.)

or

2. Getting so piss drunk you can't even function and missing the entire show that you paid good money for. If you want to get fall down drunk and listen to music, GO TO A BAR!