Options

12th Annual Flight to Mars Benefit & VIP Preparty

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
edited March 2014 in The Porch
Flight to Mars, a tribute to 1970s English heavy rockers UFO featuring Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready, play The Showbox on Friday, May 16th for their 12th annual benefit concert. Proceeds from the show will benefit Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America's Camp Oasis and The Jennifer Jaff Center (formerly Advocacy for Patients), two non-profits McCready continually supports.

Opening the show will be Seattle based indie-rockers The Young Evils who combine ‘60s doo-wop melodies with a bombastic rhythm section and noisy guitars, revealing the band’s propensity for the dreary and dark.

And in keeping with Flight to Mars tradition, the show will again feature a variety of special guests who will collaborate in a medley jam session. Past guests have included Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Star Anna, Kim Virant and members of Left Hand Smoke.

TICKETS

$20 advance tickets go on sale Friday, March 21st at 12PM PST (tickets will be $25 day of show). Please visit the venue website for tickets and information at www.ShowboxPresents.com

CONCERT PRE-PARTY FUNDRAISER

Concert-goers are invited to join fellow fans before the show at an exclusive VIP fundraiser party, hosted by the Wishlist Foundation -- a grassroots, Pearl Jam fan-driven nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Pearl Jam’s charitable and philanthropic goals.

Fundraiser attendees will arrive two hours before the show for an exclusive VIP party to catch the sound check, receive a goodie bag, enjoy appetizers, a cash bar and have the chance to mingle with members of the bands.

A variety of VIP tickets are available through the Wishlist Foundation via eBay including a Rock ‘n’ Royal package that lets one lucky fan live out their rock-n-roll fantasy of playing onstage with Mike McCready and Flight to Mars. VIP packages info can be found at http://wishlistfoundation.org

FLIGHT TO MARS

Flight to Mars is a tribute band honoring 1970s English heavy rockers UFO comprised of Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready, Tim DiJulio (guitar), Gary Westlake (bass), Mike Musburger (drums), Ty Bailie (keyboards) and Paul Passereli (vocals).

With their first show in the Spring of 2003, Flight to Mars' annual Seattle benefit concert has been a celebrated, sold-out, community event.

For more information: facebook.com/FlighttoMars

TOUR BENEFICIARIES

In 2002, Mike McCready made public his 20-year battle with Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis and has since been committed to raising awareness and funding for the cause.

Proceeds from the tour will benefit Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America's Camp Oasis and The Jennifer Jaff Center (formerly Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness).

CCFA's Camp Oasis is a co-ed residential camp program that's mission is to enrich the lives of children with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis by providing a safe and supportive camp community. For more information: www.ccfa.org/kidsteens/camp

The Jennifer Jaff Center (formerly Advocacy for Patients With Chronic Illness) provides free information, advice and advocacy services to patients with chronic illnesses in areas including health and disability insurance, Social Security disability, employment and school-based discrimination, resource location, and more. For more information: www.thejenniferjaffcenter.org

Wishlist Foundation, a grassroots, Pearl Jam fan-driven nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting Pearl Jam’s charitable and philanthropic goals, is proud to host our 8th annual Flight to Mars VIP Preparty Fundraiser before the show on Friday, May 16, 2014. Our VIP Preparty will also benefit the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America’s Camp Oasis and The Jennifer Jaff Center.

A limited amount of VIP Packages will be offered to Wishlist Foundation Members in advance. Remaining VIP Packages will be available to the public via eBay. We will offer two amazing auction packages via CharityBuzz.com; a Rock ‘n’ Royal package that lets one lucky fan live out their rock-n-roll fantasy of playing onstage with Mike McCready and Flight to Mars and the Mission Control package that offers the auction winner and their guest an exclusive tour of the incredible Pearl Jam Ten Club headquarters.

http://wishlistfoundation.org/flight-to-mars/2014-vip-preparty/

Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Foxy Mop on

Comments

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    So fun last year! I'm super excited about this show!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I think I'm going to make the trip down this year! Looks really fun! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I'll be there! Seattle is my home town and it's finally time I come back to visit!
  • Options
    TexeattleTexeattle Posts: 10
    I haven't been able to find any info on eBay regarding the VIP auctions. Has this info been posted yet? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    VIP Preparty Package

6:00 PM: Arrival
    VIP attendees arrive early at the Showbox for an exclusive pre-concert party where they receive two laminate passes to the show, catch the sound check while mingling with other fans, enjoy delicious appetizers, complimentary beverages from Seattle Cider Co. and Two Beers Brewing Co., a cash bar, pick up their Goodie Bags and have the chance to mingle with members of the bands.

7:00 PM: Door Prize Gift Bundles
    We will randomly draw the names of two lucky VIP attendees that will each receive an awesome Door Prize Gift Bundle. **Valid only for VIP and VIP Plus attendees. See below for details.

8:00 PM: Viewing Selection
    VIP attendees get first choice location for the show before the general admission ticket holders enter.

Event photography and video provided by Infinitum Limited and Coalter Digital LLC.

Goodie Bags (1 per person)

One Flight to Mars goodie bag
    One laminate pass for entry to the pre-party and show (replaces GA ticket)
    One Wishlist Foundation set of stickers & buttons
    One 2013 Pearl Jam sticker (random)
    One 2013 Pearl Jam Wrigley Baseball Card Pack
    One 2013 Pearl Jam bootleg CD (random)
    One 2014 Flight to Mars t-shirt (sizes subject to availability)
    One 2014 Flight to Mars poster

(approximately 9 pairs available via eBay starting at 3/26/14 at 8:00 PM PDT)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201061140893

Post edited by Foxy Mop on
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    VIP Plus Auction Package

Winning bidder receives everything in the VIP Preparty Package, plus:

Two Mike McCready guitar pick sets
    Two Tectonics 7” LPs, autographed by Mike McCready
    Two Mad Season River of Deceit / I Don’t Know Anything (Live) 10” LPs, autographed by Mike McCready
    Two sterling silver Mike McCready inspired Guitar Pick Pendants from Pyramid Studios
    Two 2013 Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt scarves
    Two 2014 Flight to Mars posters, autographed by members of Flight to Mars
    (replaces unsigned posters in your goodie bags)

(approximately 2 pairs available via eBay starting at 3/26/14 at 8:00 PM PDT)

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Rock ‘n Royal Backstage / Onstage VIP Auction Package

Receive the rock royalty treatment with this amazing package! Royal VIP attendees receive everything in the VIP Package, plus:

Two Tectonics 7” LPs, autographed by Mike McCready
    Two Mad Season River of Deceit / I Don’t Know Anything (Live) 10” LPs, autographed by Mike McCready
    Two sterling silver Mike McCready inspired Guitar Pick Pendants from Pyramid Studios
    One Pearl Jam Vault 3 Constitution Hall LP
    One Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt “Sevens” vinyl box set
    One set list/call sheet from the show autographed by Mike McCready
    Three nights’ accommodations with parking & breakfast for two at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn

Backstage Pass Experience
    The Royal VIP attendees will receive two all-access backstage passes and enjoy their rock-n-roll experience of hanging out with the bands backstage. Duration is subject to our discretion.

On stage performance with Flight to Mars!
    One Royal VIP attendee will get to live out their rock-n-roll fantasy and be invited up on stage with Flight to Mars to sing or play tambourine, guitar or bass during one of their songs. The performance will be filmed and the VIP will receive a digital video memento. Song and instrument selection to be determined by the band and a Waiver of Liability must be signed to participate in this feature.

(1 pair available on CharityBuzz.com, TBA)

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Mission Control / Pearl Jam Ten Club Tour VIP Auction Package

Tour mission control and see where the magic happens with this ridiculously awesome once-in-a-lifetime package! Mission Control / Pearl Jam Ten Club Tour VIP attendees receive everything in the VIP Package, plus:

Two Tectonics 7” LPs, autographed
    Two Mad Season River of Deceit / I Don’t Know Anything (Live) 10” LPs
    One Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt “Sevens” vinyl box set
    One autographed set list from the show
    Three nights’ accommodations with parking & breakfast for two at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn

Backstage Pass Experience
    The Royal VIP attendees will receive two all-access backstage passes and enjoy their rock-n-roll experience of hanging out with the bands backstage. Duration is subject to the bands discretion.

Tour of “Mission Control”, the Ten Club Headquarters
    One VIP attendee and their guest will enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of touring the infamous Pearl Jam Ten Club Headquarters to catch a rare behind the scenes glimpse of operations. Exact date/time TBD and mutually agreeable the week of the FTM concert. Extent and duration of the tour are subject to our discretion. We reserved the right to cancel the tour at any time for any reason. No photography, filming or recordings of any kind will be permitted. A Non-Disclosure Agreement and Waiver of Liability must be signed to participate in this feature.

(1 pair available on CharityBuzz.com,, TBA)

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    “Sevens” Satellite VIP Auction Package

Can’t make it to the show but wish you could? Here’s a chance to feel like you were there! The “Sevens” Satellite VIP winner will receive, by mail:

One 2014 Flight to Mars poster, autographed by members of Flight to Mars
    One Mike McCready guitar pick set
    One Tectonics 7” LP, autographed by Mike McCready
    One Mad Season River of Deceit / I Don’t Know Anything (Live) 10” LP, autographed by Mike McCready
    One sterling silver Mike McCready inspired Guitar Pick Pendant from Pyramid Studios
    One 2013 Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt scarf
    One Lightning Bolt “Sevens” vinyl box set

(1 package available via eBay coming soon)

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    “Sirius” Satellite VIP Auction Package

Can’t make it to the show, but wish you could? Have questions that you’ve always wanted to ask Mike McCready? The “Sirius” Satellite VIP winner will score some cool Flight to Mars swag – and – will be featured on Sirius XM Pearl Jam radio on your own half hour Q&A segment with Mike McCready! The “Sirius” Satellite VIP winner will receive by mail:

One 2014 Flight to Mars poster, autographed by members of Flight to Mars
    One Mike McCready guitar pick set
    One Tectonics 7” LP, autographed by Mike McCready
    One Mad Season River of Deceit / I Don’t Know Anything (Live) 10” LP, autographed by Mike McCready
    One sterling silver Mike McCready inspired Guitar Pick Pendant from Pyramid Studios
    One 2013 Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt scarf

Sirius XM Pearl Jam Radio Interview with Mike McCready
    The Sirius Satellite VIP winner will have a 30 minute one-on-one interview session/music segment with Mike McCready. Winner must be available by phone at a specific date and time, TBD, to record the show segment. Winner must submit their list of questions and song(s) selection two weeks in advance. We reserve the right to edit, add or remove questions and song selection. Winner will receive a digital memento of their segment if available. Sirius XM Radio reserves the right to broadcast, rebroadcast or cancel the segment for any reason.

(1 package available via eBay coming soon)

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    RULES & RESTRICTIONS

**Door Prizes are valid only for VIP and VIP Plus attendees. Not valid for Rock ‘N Royal, Mission Control, Satellite Packages and all other packages or concert attendance. One auction package pair may only receive one Door Prize. Two VIP attendees will be randomly selected at or around 7:00PM PDT and must be present to collect the prize. Door Prize contents may be substituted. Attendee is immediately responsible for receipt of prize. Not transferable. No additional donation necessary.

Wishlist Foundation, Listen Hear Media and Ten Club, LLC reserve the right to deny VIP auction participation, VIP entry or item redemption to any individual for any reason at any time.
    Auction winners are not guaranteed to meet any members of any band.
    Backstage auction winners will be restricted to one item per person to be autographed.
    We will do our very best to accommodate all t-shirt sizes, but there are no sizing guarantees.
    There are no refunds or returns on your winning auction donation.
    All package items are auctioned in ‘as is’ condition.
    Auction winners must be 21 years or older to attend. Current valid ID is required to enter.
    Auction winners must email their name, address, phone number, email address, guest name and shirt sizes for themselves and their guest to info (at) wishlistfoundation.org within one week of auction conclusion.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Another VIP Preparty package will be available on eBay, 6PM PDT today http://www.ebay.com/usr/wishlistfoundation

General admission tix are available here: http://ow.ly/uPXEg

Details can be found here: http://bit.ly/14ftmvip
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Damn. Friend can't make it, so scratching my plans. Next year! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

find another friend!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

find another friend!
    That was the only friend who wanted to go, lol. He can't make it after all (and it's my fault - turns out i bought cirque du soliel tix for him and his wife for xmas where the damn show is the very same night as this show. :fp: ). Most of my friends all had babies and now almost always turn down everything fun. :(
  • Options
    Another VIP Preparty Package up - 5 hours left: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201061140893
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    uwhusky1998uwhusky1998 Seattle Area Posts: 52
    Got a VIP package this year. Was waiting for the VIP plus, but the person I am going with didnt want to wait and possibly miss out. Should be fun, like always. It's a fun night, highly recommend going if you can.

Cheers
    Pearl Jam - 9/16/96, 7/18/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 10/10/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 10/22/01, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 6/7/03, 10/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/9/09, 11/29/13, 12/6/13, 5/01/16, 5/02/16
    Eddie Vedder - 7/15/11, 7/16/11, 9/9/17
    Flight To Mars - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  • Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133
    Bump... :D
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28