What's for dessert?

1235»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited July 2015

Plums lol

Reminds me of these neighbours we had when I was a kid. They used to have toast and tea for dessert lol.

Eat a chocolate bar or a cookie or something! Plums!?

:lol: My ex-father-in-law had dessert rage. His wife was an "eat! eat!" kind of wife and mother, so she was always pushing massive desserts, and my FIL would always yell, "Eat some fucking fruit!" :lol: The whole concept of dessert really pissed him off, haha (but he was great... he's the only part of that relationship I really miss, lol).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sweet stuffed coconut croissant
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Chocolate dipped strawberries (that I dipped myself, for my bbq). Yum. The one little kid we had over kept "sneaking" over to the strawberries for more but the smear of chocolate all over his face gave him away.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    coconut/lemon myrtle and macadamia ice creme unusually deliscious
  • The neighbor brought over strawberry/rhubarb pie for us . . . You know what's even better than dessert? Dessert you didn't have to make yourself!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

The neighbor brought over strawberry/rhubarb pie for us . . . You know what's even better than dessert? Dessert you didn't have to make yourself!

Rhubarb is my absolute favorite!! My dad grew it in the backyard when I was growing up - nothing better than a fresh hot rhubarb compote over vanilla ice cream, or fresh rhubarb betty. And any pie with it. Saskatoon berry and rhubarb pie is especially delicious. It freezes well too. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Rhubarb is my absolute favorite!! My dad grew it in the backyard when I was growing up - nothing better than a fresh hot rhubarb compote over vanilla ice cream, or fresh rhubarb betty. And any pie with it. Saskatoon berry and rhubarb pie is especially delicious. It freezes well too. :)

God, I wish I could give you some!!! We have a huge plant and I just harvested a bunch and have been chopping it up for the freezer!! That way we can enjoy rhubarb goodies all year round! :)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .