Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213

pjhawks said:

uhh ohh Juggler your boy Harbaugh called 52 passes and only 14 runs last night. does that mean your coach crush on him is over? of course that is what NFL teams do when they are down by double digits most of the game but only one of us cares to acknowledge that.

Of course teams down big will pass more often. That's not what this is about. Why are you acting like this is only a discussion about the Bengals blowout game (in which the Eagles passed almost 2 to 1 before it was a blowout anyway)? We all know you've been wanting teams to throw the ball 80% of the time regardless of the situation for years. The Patriots, with arguably the best qb to ever play the game, are an excellent example of why this is utter nonsense. I've pointed this out to you many times. Check out their pass/run ratio when you have the chance...that is, if you trust the stats.

This isn't about one game. You've been making the point that it's perfectly fine for the Eagles to have their rookie qb, with an injured offensive line, under talented receivers, and a defense who can't get off the field, throw 45+ per game in their last 7 mostly close games (record is 1-6 in these games). You've yet to provide any tangible evidence why this makes sense. Nobody is holding their breath for it either...
    coming from the guy who said the Pats were winning because of some pedestrian running back a few years ago instead of Brady. i point out that other teams do the exact same thing as the Eagles have done and you blow it off. it's just funny as hell how you touted Harbaugh as a huge upgrade just a few days prior then he did the exact same thing that you bitched about Pederson doing. i mean you can't make this shit up. too funny.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Think about this: Wentz has thrown more passes the last seven weeks than Donovan McNabb EVER threw in his career in any seven-game stretch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Carson Wentz has thrown 313 passes the last 7 weeks. Only eight QBs in NFL history have thrown more passes in any 7-game stretch.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

uhh ohh Juggler your boy Harbaugh called 52 passes and only 14 runs last night. does that mean your coach crush on him is over? of course that is what NFL teams do when they are down by double digits most of the game but only one of us cares to acknowledge that.

Of course teams down big will pass more often. That's not what this is about. Why are you acting like this is only a discussion about the Bengals blowout game (in which the Eagles passed almost 2 to 1 before it was a blowout anyway)? We all know you've been wanting teams to throw the ball 80% of the time regardless of the situation for years. The Patriots, with arguably the best qb to ever play the game, are an excellent example of why this is utter nonsense. I've pointed this out to you many times. Check out their pass/run ratio when you have the chance...that is, if you trust the stats.

This isn't about one game. You've been making the point that it's perfectly fine for the Eagles to have their rookie qb, with an injured offensive line, under talented receivers, and a defense who can't get off the field, throw 45+ per game in their last 7 mostly close games (record is 1-6 in these games). You've yet to provide any tangible evidence why this makes sense. Nobody is holding their breath for it either...
    coming from the guy who said the Pats were winning because of some pedestrian running back a few years ago instead of Brady. i point out that other teams do the exact same thing as the Eagles have done and you blow it off. it's just funny as hell how you touted Harbaugh as a huge upgrade just a few days prior then he did the exact same thing that you bitched about Pederson doing. i mean you can't make this shit up. too funny.
    Give it a rest. You've got no argument and you're not making any sense. If, after all these years, you still cannot prove your point...I have no idea why you keep bringing it up.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Carson Wentz has thrown 313 passes the last 7 weeks. Only eight QBs in NFL history have thrown more passes in any 7-game stretch.

Perfectly normal!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Give it a rest. You've got no argument and you're not making any sense. If, after all these years, you still cannot prove your point...I have no idea why you keep bringing it up.

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

what are you talking about? all i've said for the past 3 weeks is that game situations have dictated the number of passes Wentz has thrown. is it really fucking hard to comprehend that? I even showed that your newest coach crush John Harbaugh did the exact same thing by throwing 52 passes last night. at no point have i said Wentz SHOULD be throwing the ball 45-60 times per game. Not once have i said that about Wentz or this team.

and i see you chose to ignore the facts i posted about the running backs in the draft. so you and roob must complain about pretty much every front office for not having RBs at the top of their draft list.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    Game situations. Got it. So throwing 45+ times a game during their last 7 when they've gone 1-6 (only 1 was a blowout) is not a recipe for success, nor is throwing 80% on average...obviously. I *think* you finally have accepted this.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Game situations. Got it. So throwing 45+ times a game during their last 7 when they've gone 1-6 (only 1 was a blowout) is not a recipe for success, nor is throwing 80% on average...obviously. I *think* you finally have accepted this.

want to know what's even funnier? your new man crush coach has had his QB throw more passes than anyone else this season. #1 in attempts so far Mr. Joe Flacco coached by your new favorite Mr. John Harbaugh. seriously before you start making comments use google or at least espn.com. oh and Wentz is only 6th in the league in attempts so i guess 5 other coaches are stupid according to you. and of the top 10 passing attempt QBs so far 6 of the teams have winning records. do they need to run the ball more? again i fucking love the internet. can't wait to see you spin this information....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingAttempts

here endeth the lesson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_z1DBTK0Vw
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I don't know why you're so hung up on this Harbaugh thing. The fact that Flacco leads the league (by the way, he's not a rookie learning the ropes, is he? He's a super bowl winning QB) in pass attempts and the team, in general is mediocre supports my point that its not the recipe for success. Generally speaking teams who have a good balanced attack usually fair better. Case in point: the Patriots with one of the best ever behind center and Legarret Blount. Very balanced again this year. And Harbaugh's body of work speaks for itself. His team's career pass/run ratio is 55/45 with an extremely balanced attack while Flacco was just starting out (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/)... which is a bit more relevant than picking and choosing some random games since this discussion is about a rookie quarterback, right? Worked out well for him, I'd say.

Taking this back to the issue at hand: letting Wentz throw 45 plus times a game in their last 7 mostly close games, with a banged up o line, mediocre recievers, and a porous defense makes no sense. I think you agree with this now. And it kind of seems like you agree that throwing 80% of the time was a ridiculous argument to make at this point so it looks like we are making progress.

Hopefully Doug goes back to what worked earlier in the season this Sunday.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I don't know why you're so hung up on this Harbaugh thing. The fact that Flacco leads the league (by the way, he's not a rookie learning the ropes, is he? He's a super bowl winning QB) in pass attempts and the team, in general is mediocre supports my point that its not the recipe for success. Generally speaking teams who have a good balanced attack usually fair better. Case in point: the Patriots with one of the best ever behind center and Legarret Blount. Very balanced again this year. And Harbaugh's body of work speaks for itself. His team's career pass/run ratio is 55/45 with an extremely balanced attack while Flacco was just starting out (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/)... which is a bit more relevant than picking and choosing some random games since this discussion is about a rookie quarterback, right? Worked out well for him, I'd say.

Taking this back to the issue at hand: letting Wentz throw 45 plus times a game in their last 7 mostly close games, with a banged up o line, mediocre recievers, and a porous defense makes no sense. I think you agree with this now. And it kind of seems like you agree that throwing 80% of the time was a ridiculous argument to make at this point so it looks like we are making progress.

Hopefully Doug goes back to what worked earlier in the season this Sunday.

spin spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN5XcP0XerU
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    apparently Doug Pederson, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel echo my comments from the past few weeks. i would trust their comments more than the media and the fans wouldn't you? exactly the same things i've been saying. it just keeps getting better for you in this thread Juggler.

From Comcast:

If Carson Wentz doesn’t throw another pass this season, he will have thrown the 10th most passes for a rookie in NFL history.
    He’s not done yet.
    Through 13 games, Wentz has thrown 498 passes, which puts him on pace for 613 for the year. If he throws that many, it would be the second-most passes an NFL rookie has ever thrown, behind Andrew Luck’s 627 in 2012. And it looks like Wentz will top Donovan McNabb’s team record of 571.
    All those passes for a quarterback who was supposed to have a redshirt year until a week before the season, when Sam Bradford was traded to the Vikings.
    “I'd love to manage that a little bit more for him,” head coach Doug Pederson said Wednesday. “I think it's putting him in a tough situation.
    “As you mentioned, we've gotten behind. Last week [against Washington], we had the two-minute drive to go down [and score] and everything was a throw. The week before [against Cincinnati], we were down so early and so fast, that we had to throw the ball.
    "But I would love to be able to manage it and lean on that offensive line more with the run game. Obviously, we're going against a tough run defense this week, and yet we still have to be patient with that to help our quarterback.”
    Early in the season, when things were going well, the Eagles were managing Wentz’s throws.
    After averaging 30.8 pass attempts per game in the first six games of the season, Wentz has thrown 44.7 passes per game over the last seven. In many of those games, the Eagles have gotten behind early and have been forced to try and throw their way out.
    “I guess the biggest thing is the games have dictated that,” Wentz said Wednesday. “It’s one of those things, you go into a game plan. We want to be balanced every game. Sometimes you get down, sometimes it’s what they’re giving you. I guess it’s hard to say that I expected to throw this much, but it’s just kind of the way games have gone. By no means am I complaining about it.”
    Despite all the throws, Wentz’s arm hasn’t fallen off yet. And despite all the hits he’s taken, he seems to be in relatively good health.
    “I feel good,” Wentz said. “And I’m very fortunate for that, for sure.”
    When asked if all these throws will be a good or bad thing for his long-term development, Wentz said he wasn’t sure, but added that he does feel like he’s developed.
    The guy charged with his development, ultimately thinks this extended experience will help the young quarterback down the road.
    “Have we asked a lot of him? Yeah, we have, and he's handled it extremely well,” Pederson said. “It's just making him a better quarterback for not only the rest of the season, but for the future.”

Wentz has had an up and down rookie season. In those first six games, when he was averaging 30.8 throws per game, he had thrown eight touchdowns to just three interceptions. In the seven games where his attempts have jumped, he's thrown five touchdowns to nine interceptions.
    When the Eagles were winning early in the season, they were doing it by playing stout defense and not making their rookie quarterback do too much. More recently, Wentz has needed to throw more passes than anyone probably ever anticipated.
    How has the rookie handled it?
    “He hasn’t blinked,” veteran backup Chase Daniel said. “We’ve been behind. You’re gonna throw when you’re behind. That’s just the nature of this league. He’s handled it well. He’s had a lot of opportunities to throw the ball. Sure, he’s missed some, but he’s made more than he’s missed. So that’s an encouraging sign.”

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Oh, HotTakes.....where else would you go for unbiased analysis of Doug Pederson's handling of Carson Wentz than.......none other than DOUG PEDERSON'S press conference (and chase daniel -ha)?

Wow.

Admit it, you get news directly from Donald Trump's twitter feed. I mean, where else would you go to find out how the transition effort is really going than from the peotus himself? After all, the media can't be trusted!

Beat it 'Takes. You've lost this argument for about the thousandth time.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Oh, HotTakes.....where else would you go for unbiased analysis of Doug Pederson's handling of Carson Wentz than.......none other than DOUG PEDERSON'S press conference (and chase daniel -ha)?

Wow.

Admit it, you get news directly from Donald Trump's twitter feed. I mean, where else would you go to find out how the transition effort is really going than from the peotus himself? After all, the media can't be trusted!

Beat it 'Takes. You've lost this argument for about the thousandth time.

i've owned you the past week. literally every contention you've made i've ripped holes into. shall we recap for the masses?

1 - My thoughts the past 2 weeks on the number of passes by Wentz are echoed by not 1, not 2 but 3 people directly involved in the game. not fans, but a coach and 2 players. so you'd rather take the opinion of media members and 2nd tier bloggers over 2 NFL QBs a head coach...all righty - advantage me

2 - you keep insisting that winning is done by having a good run/pass ratio yet I pointed that 6 out of the top 10 QBs with passing attempts have winning records this year. all you brought up about this was the Pats...because yea the Pats win because of running the ball with LaGarette Blount (seriously for the 2nd time in a few years you want to use the Pats RB as the reason they win) - advantage me

3 - you pointed out how much you love John Harbaugh and what a huge upgrade he would be (and he might be but...) his record over the past 4 years is right around .500 (or why you wanted Reid gone) - advantage me

4 - point 2 on John Harbaugh and how much you like him - his QB has thrown the most passes in the NFL this year yet you are incredulous at the QB who has thrown the 6th most. advantage me

5 - you harumped the tweet by Reuban Frank about how the Eagles don't value RBs but had no comment when i pointed out that only 6 have been drafted in the 1st round in 5 years so every NFL team must not value them much - advantage me

and since you've professed your love for links here is one to describe what you've been right against me in this thread in the past 1-2 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9GWwKl8QQ

now go to the Sixers thread and tell us how Hinkie was great for drafting a center 3 straight years
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    As always with you, you're wrong on all counts. Laughably wrong.

1. Your thoughts about Pederson's handling of Wentz's passes were echoed by Doug Pederson--this somehow proves your point? Ha ha and ha.

2. The majority of winning teams usually have a good balanced attack. This is true now and has been true ever since you said teams would be better off throwing 80% of the time 6 years ago.

3. I've always been a John Harbaugh fan. You thinking he would not be a huge upgrade over Doug Pederson is par for the course. You're an idiot.

4. Picking and choosing small sample sizes is another reason all of your points are dumb and meaningless. I linked to his pro football reference page which shows his career 55/45 pass/run ratio. That was also almost 50/50 when he was breaking in one of the only other non d1 qbs as a rookie.

5. Rb by committee is what this league has morphed into. It is a passing league but the good to great teams almost always have good balance. Never said you need a superstar rb to do that. But to be successful you need a balanced attack...the history of football has proven this.

Sorry man. Nothing you say ever makes sense.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Of the top 10 teams in the league this year, not surprisingly, only 2 throw more than 60% of the time: the Lions and Giants. Both at just over 61% (19% below 80%).

The only time the Eagles have had a decent balanced attack in their last 7 games was the only one they won. Only one of those games were blowouts and that was close with just seconds to go before halftime and they threw it almost twice as much in the first half. That's all this is about. Go back to what worked earlier in the year. If you get down by a couple scores, don't freak out and abandon your game plan right away. Go back to what usually works more often than not ,in general, in this sport. Love to see that this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    I loathe Jim Fuckbaugh. Think he is a disrespectful asswipe.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    edited December 2016

I loathe Jim Fuckbaugh. Think he is a disrespectful asswipe.

I dunno...definitely seems like a douche, but I appreciate how he's fully embraced the crazy dad/coach look, though I'm sure that wasn't done in jest - everything from the khakis and sweaters/vest, shitty hat, and the glasses ala Michael Douglas in Falling Down..
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options

Of the top 10 teams in the league this year, not surprisingly, only 2 throw more than 60% of the time: the Lions and Giants. Both at just over 61% (19% below 80%).

The only time the Eagles have had a decent balanced attack in their last 7 games was the only one they won. Only one of those games were blowouts and that was close with just seconds to go before halftime and they threw it almost twice as much in the first half. That's all this is about. Go back to what worked earlier in the year. If you get down by a couple scores, don't freak out and abandon your game plan right away. Go back to what usually works more often than not ,in general, in this sport. Love to see that this week.

please answer this one simple question.

do teams win because they run the ball

or

do teams run the ball because they are winning?

i'd say teams run the ball because they are winning. the Patriots don't win because they run the ball, they run the ball because they are winning. it's really a pretty simple concept that you don't seem to grasp.
  • Options

if Juggler was in this weeks game plan meeting:

coach 1: ok lets see, the Ravens defense is ranked 1st against the rush in the NFL

coach 2: so how should we game plan this

juggler: we should run the ball at least 30 times.

:bring_it:
  • Options
    No, let's throw it 30 times early. Get behind by 30pts and have even more of an excuse to throw the ball.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    JK_Livin said:

No, let's throw it 30 times early. Get behind by 30pts and have even more of an excuse to throw the ball.

nah i'd go to the Wing T. hire the coach from Navy and run the ball 60 times a game.
  • Options
    Who said anything about running on every play? No one did. It's called a balanced attack. Are you suggesting they shouldn't even call a running play? Because that's how you'd take your own comment and turn into something it isn't. Stop taking comments to the extreme. Harbaugh's name was just mentioned by someone and you turn that comment into something it wasn't. This team has lots of flaws. I don't feel the coach is helping the QB and the team by trying to attack other teams using those flaws.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Who said anything about running on every play? No one did. It's called a balanced attack. Are you suggesting they shouldn't even call a running play? Because that's how you'd take your own comment and turn into something it isn't. Stop taking comments to the extreme. Harbaugh's name was just mentioned by someone and you turn that comment into something it wasn't. This team has lots of flaws. I don't feel the coach is helping the QB and the team by trying to attack other teams using those flaws.

i've never advocated not running the ball.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

You advocate throwing it 80% of the time which is insane and will never ever happen.

The funny thing is this isn't even an exaggeration of your point of view.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

please answer this one simple question.

do teams win because they run the ball

or

do teams run the ball because they are winning?

i'd say teams run the ball because they are winning. the Patriots don't win because they run the ball, they run the ball because they are winning. it's really a pretty simple concept that you don't seem to grasp.
    It's not an either or question. Good teams win because they maintain balance and don't toss their gameplans out the window if they get down a score or two.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

You advocate throwing it 80% of the time which is insane and will never ever happen.

show me one time I have advocated this QB or this team throwing it that much? talk about taking things way out of proportion. Yea i said about 5 years ago in a perfect world that is the type of offense i'd run but not one time have i ever advocated that for this team or any team the Eagles have had. wtf
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

show me one time I have advocated this QB or this team throwing it that much? talk about taking things way out of proportion. Yea i said about 5 years ago in a perfect world that is the type of offense i'd run but not one time have i ever advocated that for this team or any team the Eagles have had. wtf
    That's your basic philosophy as you mentioned countless times over the years. It's clearly evident in your baseless nonsense you spout in here all the time.

By the way---no team has ever come close to doing that. Gee, I wonder why....

And you wanted the Eagles to do that with Michael Vick during the "Dream Team" Year. Quite the perfect world....haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited December 2016
    Do you guys realize you have been arguing for weeks over probably 5 plays a game? hahaha.

I guess it isn't as bad as the years long Ryan Howard and RBI arguments we had.
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

That's your basic philosophy as you mentioned countless times over the years. It's clearly evident in your baseless nonsense you spout in here all the time.

And, by the way---no team has ever come close to doing that. Gee, I wonder why....
    perfect world vs. basic philosophy. you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

And, by the way---no team has ever come close to doing that. Gee, I wonder why....
    perfect world vs. basic philosophy. you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
    Nah, sorry dude. You wanted the Eagles to throw it 80% of the time back when Michael Vick (who had a terrible record when throwing more than 35 times a game) was the quarterback. You failed to provide any tangible evidence why that made sense back then just like you can't now.

chinese-happy.jpg