Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    wtf was that? Play calling and the D-line were awful. Lots of wasted money there.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    and maybe, just maybe try throwing the ball down the field at least once a game.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,368
    Welp, September was fun. But alas, I think this team is who we thought they were coming in. I had no expectations that this team would do anything this year so any success would be gravy.

All about developing Carson at this point.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,815
    edited November 2016
    Expectations were low to begin this seasoun, then we smelled our own vag's, and now we have to sober up and remember that it's remarkable this team was even 3-0.
  • Options

Welp, September was fun. But alas, I think this team is who we thought they were coming in. I had no expectations that this team would do anything this year so any success would be gravy.

Hard for him to develop when you only run 14 times.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,244
    Aaron Rodgers and Brady are just on another level than everyone else. Guy was tuned in and took advantage of whatever the Eagles dbacks did. if they played off he just quick tossed it out for a 7 yard gain. moved up he torched us deep. the pass for their 2nd td was just incredibly perfect. He toyed with Schwartz's D.

hard to run the ball more than 14 times when your defense can't get off the field and you are down more than one score in the 2nd half. i mean they only had the ball what once in 4th quarter excluding the last minute?

turned on Post Game live for about 5 minutes and swore it was the McNabb era all over again. They were trying to say Wentz needs to do more. how the fuck can he do more with this shit show of receivers, especially after Matthews went down? do people realize that the top 3 receivers who were in training camp weren't on the field in the 2nd half last night? Wentz had one shitty play all night. I thought he was fine. the same stuff people used to say when McNabb had shitty receivers.

• Options
    JK_Livin said:

Welp...Doug is who we thought he was?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016

JK_Livin said:

so handing the ball off more often would develop Wentz more? jeezus people really?. he is developing fine. just need better weapons.
    are we going to bring up press conferences next?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    They were never down by more than 7 until the 4th quarter. Plenty of time to run the ball more than they did.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

They were never down by more than 7 until the 4th quarter. Plenty of time to run the ball more than they did.

He will never understand this issue.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

so handing the ball off more often would develop Wentz more? jeezus people really?. he is developing fine. just need better weapons.
    are we going to bring up press conferences next?
    Running the ball also keeps Rodgers off the field like we did against Big Ben and Matt Ryan.

Man, you won't let the press conference thing go. I made the original comment and it was my opinion at the time. Chip seemed refreshing to me. Was I off base, yes.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited November 2016

JK_Livin said:

He will never understand this issue.
    do you guys just look at stats at the end of the game or do you actually watch the games? Let me enlighten you on what happened last night regarding the run/pass. see below describing the drives and run/pass ratio. I'd say only 1 drive could you question, although it produced points, the run/pass ratio based on game, time and score.

1st drive 1st quarter - 4 runs 6 passes (good ratio)
    2nd drive 14:53 left in 2nd quarter - 3 runs 3 passes (good ratio)
    3rd drive starts with 3:28 left in quarter - 1 run 11 passes (in a 2-minute drill is this really a problem for you?)

that's all they had in the 1st half - 3 possessions. one went for a td, one drive with 50% of the runs lasted only 6 plays, and one was a 2-minute drill that led to 3 points. (can't argue with this can you?)

ok let's move to the 2nd half.

1st drive of 2nd half - 4 runs and 3 passes (good ratio)

2nd drive of 2nd half started with 8:48 left down 17-10 (this is really the only drive you might have a beef with) - down 17-10 2 runs and 9 passes yet it did lead to a field goal (so 3 points or more runs?)

so again they had the ball only 2 times in the 3rd quarter one with a good ratio and one with points. hmmm.

after this point they were down double digits and were into the 4th quarter. 2 drives in the 4th quarter one started at 13:53 down 11 points and one started with 1:57 left. did you really want them to run the ball here when they were down and couldn't stop the Pack? hell i didn't think they should have punted with 9 minutes left in the 4th.

so tell me guys, where is the problem here? what drive did you want more runs to satisfy your cravings? the facts just don't back up your assertions. i will wait for your answers.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    cutz said:

Is this too good to be true?

We shall see as the season still has a ways to go.

Yes, it is.

But, i don't think that much was really expected, though.
  • Options
    I don't look at end of game stats to determine my opinions. I watched the entire game and if you can't see the problem as it's happening then that's on you. How about the drive in which he threw the pick? Ran the ball all the way past the 50. He takes a helmet to the sternum, is rattled, and throws a pick the next play. We were getting 7yds a play on the ground that drive.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    as an outside observer, it just seems to me that wentz has no weapons.

kinda hard to put your whole offense on a rookie QB and a 50 year old back.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I don't look at end of game stats to determine my opinions. I watched the entire game and if you can't see the problem as it's happening then that's on you. How about the drive in which he threw the pick? Ran the ball all the way past the 50. He takes a helmet to the sternum, is rattled, and throws a pick the next play. We were getting 7yds a play on the ground that drive.

so you are choosing one play to say he didn't run it enough for the game? ok then.
  • Options
    When did I mention one play? That's called an example. I would not have as much a problem throwing as much as we did if he actually people to throw to with Matthews out.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

When did I mention one play? That's called an example. I would not have as much a problem throwing as much as we did if he actually people to throw to with Matthews out.

you complained they only ran 14 times so i presented each drive and asked you where they should have run more. you came up with one play above. that's it. i'm not trying to single you out here. I've seen it here, heard it on post game live and have heard others say the same thing about passing too much in this game and the evidence suggests it's just not true. that's all.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It wasn't one play that I mentioned. The drive before the half with 3:28 isn't a 2min drill. You have timeouts and the warning, plenty of time to run. I hope your not counting the Wentz running plays because they were all called passes.

Watching the game live, I felt they should've run the ball more. If the D line didn't suck we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JK_Livin said:

It wasn't one play that I mentioned. The drive before the half with 3:28 isn't a 2min drill. You have timeouts and the warning, plenty of time to run. I hope your not counting the Wentz running plays because they were all called passes.

Watching the game live, I felt they should've run the ball more. If the D line didn't suck we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This is football 101. Everyone understands it. They ran 5 times on the opening drive, the offense actually looked good and they scored their only touchdown.
    And then? Then they ran the ball 9 times for the rest of the game and scored 2 field goals. The way for this below average team to win, with a rookie qb, shaky o line, and questionable receivers was to lean on the ground game like they did earlier in the year and, especially against Atlanta. Pederson even said so at the time. To have your rookie qb throw 44 or so times to these receivers behind a banged up line is asinine and it's only stunting his growth. Further compounding this was the fact that they had success on the ground. They just mostly stopped do it.

Jeff Mclain-

3. Carson Wentz isn’t yet ready to carry the Eagles on his own. Neither should he be expected to. But despite Pederson's repeatedly saying over the last month that he should do more to protect Wentz, he had his quarterback drop to pass on 44 of 58 plays. I get the motivation. The Packers have one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL. I would have come out firing, too. But the first drive showed that a balanced attack could work. They also needed to do more to keep Rodgers off the field. He could not be stopped. The Eagles marched up the field on 11 plays on the opening drive – five of them rushes. Pederson stuck with the run on the next series and gained two first downs, but after Wendell Smallwood was dropped for a loss on first down, the Eagles couldn’t convert a short third down. Wentz needed to throw a lot on the third and final drive of the half because the offense was in a two-minute drill. And there was a fair share of Smallwood on the opening drive of the second half, but the drive ended when Wentz tossed an interception on second down. He took a big hit on the previous play. A run there might have given the quarterback a chance to catch his breath. Pederson said he saw the hit but didn’t think it was enough to alter his call. Wentz said that he was OK. It was a bad pass by any measure. He overthrew Zach Ertz. “It just sailed on me,” Wentz said. But other than that one costly error, I thought the quarterback had a strong night. He was great in the first half, completing 13 of 17 passes for 147 yards. He also ran three times for 26 yards and a touchdown. But Jordan Matthews suffered an ankle injury late in the second quarter and was essentially done for the evening. Wentz’s remaining receivers were Dorial Green-Beckham, Bryce Treggs and Paul Turner – an underperformer and two undrafted rookies. Zoinks.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also, with Clay Matthews banged up, I would've run the ball at him on every play.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Also, with Clay Matthews banged up, I would've run the ball at him on every play.

Stop making so much sense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    By the way, Barbre's block on him was the best moment of that entire game. Absolutely destroyed him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,065

JK_Livin said:

Stop making so much sense.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    And now he's crying about the hit when he's done the same to other players.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,214
    JK_Livin said:

And now he's crying about the hit when he's done the same to other players.

And he admitted to as much, the difference being a 15 yard penalty and a hefty fine waiting for him in his locker the next day.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Except this was a clean block to his shoulder not a launching to a qb's head. He has a chance to make the tackle for fucks sake.

If it was no where near the play then it's unnecessary but it wasn't.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So John Harbaugh, and Ozzie Newsome, might be on the hot if the Ravens falter down the stretch?

Hmmmmm
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,815

So John Harbaugh, and Ozzie Newsome, might be on the hot if the Ravens falter down the stretch?

Hmmmmm

But where does Newsome go? Howie's not going anywhere, and I don't think he'd take orders from Ozzie above him in a higher role either right?

And I don't think they dump Doug yet. I think not being perceived as an impatient organization means something to Lurie. Stepping away and looking from above = first season as a head coach, won 5 games in his first year with a couple more to come, I don't think he does anything impulsive. Chip realllllly pissed him off, and that's about the only thing it would take to get rid of Doug this early. We're getting at least one more year of Milquetoast Doug, most likely two.
  • Options

Hmmmmm

But where does Newsome go? Howie's not going anywhere, and I don't think he'd take orders from Ozzie above him in a higher role either right?

And I don't think they dump Doug yet. I think not being perceived as an impatient organization means something to Lurie. Stepping away and looking from above = first season as a head coach, won 5 games in his first year with a couple more to come, I don't think he does anything impulsive. Chip realllllly pissed him off, and that's about the only thing it would take to get rid of Doug this early. We're getting at least one more year of Milquetoast Doug, most likely two.
    what does this even mean? you really think he is going anywhere anytime soon? short of a 3-win season in the next two years he is here for the long haul. Him and Wentz are going to be tied together like Reid and McNabb. buckle up and enjoy it.