******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'll admit that I was listening to WIP this morning because Kelly was coming on. Keith Jones made a good point about Reid's personality. He said that Reid was short with people in his pc's because he couldn't think on his feet with quick answers and that also translated to his coaching with making adjustments and timely decisions.

yup cause what we want is a coach who can talk in a press conference. that's really important to winning football games. :fp:

I'll give Kelly a chance, but don't have a good feeling about the guy. gotta scare you to hear him say his ex-qb who didn't get drafted can play in the NFL. makes you wonder if he really knows what plays in the NFL. gonna be an interesting off-season.

and the only thing keith Jones knows about sports is that peter forsberg and eric lindros carried his fat ass. :D
    I'm not saying that's the reason I want him. You can't see a correlation between not being able to come up with an answer to a question and Reid's inability to react to game situations? I can.

As fans we know very little about all these coaching candidates. Some of you may think you do, but you don't. I think Keith Jones may have a little more knowledge of Pro sports than us.

So far Chip Kelly has been a winner. Have you seen some of the slop playing QB in the NFL? He's probably right about his ex player.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm not saying that's the reason I want him. You can't see a correlation between not being able to come up with an answer to a question and Reid's inability to react to game situations? I can. .
    no, because i think andy didn't give them answers because he didn't want to. protected his players at all cost. and it worked for him.

JK_Livin wrote:
    As fans we know very little about all these coaching candidates. Some of you may think you do, but you don't.
    agree and that is why i will give him every chance to win me over. we shall see
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I think Keith Jones may have a little more knowledge of Pro sports than us..
    i don't necessarily think that
    JK_Livin wrote:
    So far Chip Kelly has been a winner. Have you seen some of the slop playing QB in the NFL? He's probably right about his ex player.
    he's not. and if you think their is slop playing QB in the NFL already and this guy couldn't even get a shot...well that speaks pretty highly that the dude can't play in the NFL.
    Seems like you can't be satisfied with anything so you might as well sign up for GM school or go buy a team to build in your likeness.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Seems like you can't be satisfied with anything so you might as well sign up for GM school or go buy a team to build in your likeness.

not true at all. i wasn't the guy pounding my chest for 5 years for a new coach. remember the old adage be careful what you wish for. you guys got it. let's see how this works out compared to the previous 14 years. :D
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

not true at all. i wasn't the guy pounding my chest for 5 years for a new coach. remember the old adage be careful what you wish for. you guys got it. let's see how this works out compared to the previous 14 years. :D
    I'm not sure who you're lumping me in with but I suggest you direct whatever issues you have with them directly. So wanting a new coach is bad thing when the one you had became inept in every aspect?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited January 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    Agree. He came across better then I imagined. I like him more today then I did yesterday.

yeah me too.

because of press conferences

this is one reason why I don't like eagles fans

huh? dude, he came off as likeable. from a distance he always seemed sort of like a dick to me. this has nothing to do with him as a coach.

press conferences? it's the same thing everywhere (just look in the bears thread). i think you make a much bigger deal about people making a fuss over them than the actual fuss. there were 1 or 2 nondescript posts about it in here. :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'll admit that I was listening to WIP this morning because Kelly was coming on. Keith Jones made a good point about Reid's personality. He said that Reid was short with people in his pc's because he couldn't think on his feet with quick answers and that also translated to his coaching with making adjustments and timely decisions.

i heard that too. but i don't think there is a correlation even though andy clearly had trouble adjusting on the fly during games. gotta hope chip is better in that respect.

thought this was pretty cool. despite overstaying his welcome here by a few years, andy reid was and is still a class act:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88568 ... elly-coach

speaks well of the organization. good stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

yup cause what we want is a coach who can talk in a press conference. that's really important to winning football games. :fp:

I'll give Kelly a chance, but don't have a good feeling about the guy. gotta scare you to hear him say his ex-qb who didn't get drafted can play in the NFL. makes you wonder if he really knows what plays in the NFL. gonna be an interesting off-season.

and the only thing keith Jones knows about sports is that peter forsberg and eric lindros carried his fat ass. :D
    When did you turn into that guy? I know you guys share the share avatar and all but damn.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

What could we get that Reid didn't give us? Oh yeah a super bowl. Reid was great early on when JJ was alive,once he died Reid's success did as well. Hell Reid's own players recently ripped his in game coaching. Trot said it a few weeks ago. Andy had a good run, but It ended 3yrs too late.
    Go Birds!!!!
    isn't it pointless to even engage in this conversation anymore?

andy reid did nothing these last few years to deserve coming back and having his contract extended. nothing.

time to move on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    andy reid did nothing these last few years to deserve coming back and having his contract extended. nothing.

it's pointless to even engage in that conversation anymore.

time to move on.

agree but i wasn't the one who brought up chip kelly is better at decision making beccause of a fucking press conference. sorry if i found that assertion laughable. which isn't surprising considering you guys heard it on WIP and from a hockey player :roll:
    pjhawks wrote:

time to move on.

agree but i wasn't the one who brought up chip kelly is better at decision making beccause of a fucking press conference. sorry if i found that assertion laughable. which isn't surprising considering you guys heard it on WIP and from a hockey player :roll:

i didn't agree with the comparison but i'd think we're all hoping the game day management/ability to make adjustments is considerably better. ;)

wip (especialy that dreck of a show) is only useful when they have a big time interview. the coach of the eagles would be such an interview.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    this lurie/banner stuff is pretty funny

i like the browns 2 moves today though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    So, is Chip going with Vick?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    So, is Chip going with Vick?

if it was 5 years ago and vick wasn't incarcerated, sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    kiper has the birds taking dee milliner:

Dee Milliner *
    Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)
    COLLEGE: Alabama
    HT: 6-1
    WT: 199
    POS: CB

Analysis: People need to forget the idea that Philly is deep at corner. You watch the tape and it simply wasn't true in 2012. I expect changes in a secondary where it's possible that on a per-play basis, the best corner for Philly this season was rookie Brandon Boykin. The top cornerback in the draft is always going to be a huge draw, and Milliner could come out of the draft process worthy of going this high. He will improve as a technical corner, but has elite grades in terms of awareness, and particularly as a physical corner who can push wideouts off routes. He can defend the run and tackle at a very high level.
    chinese-happy.jpg

well that came out of left field. i like it. to me it kind of validates kelly saying he will adapt his offense to his personnel and not vice versa. shurmur also has a good history of coaching up young qb's.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah me too.

because of press conferences

this is one reason why I don't like eagles fans

huh? dude, he came off as likeable. from a distance he always seemed sort of like a dick to me. this has nothing to do with him as a coach.

press conferences? it's the same thing everywhere (just look in the bears thread). i think you make a much bigger deal about people making a fuss over them than the actual fuss. there were 1 or 2 nondescript posts about it in here. :lol:

it's not the same everywhere. just look at bill belichicks' pressers...he says less than reid.

philly fans are morons. they loved (and still love) buddy ryan because he talked a lot of shit, even though he was a jack ass who couldn't even win a playoff game.
    Post edited by The Fixer on

time to move on.

so downgrading is a great solution

brilliant
    pjhawks wrote:

time to move on.

:lol::lol::lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

time to move on.

brilliant
    How is it a downgrade? Has Kelly coached the birds yet? The mess Reid left here would be an uphill battle for any new coach. Reid lost his locker room countless times,his own players past and present have said so recently. I'll never get how you hate Charlie so much yet love Andy.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Less then I thought it would have been.

Chip Kelly's contract with the Eagles is for five years and $32.5 million, making him one of the highest-paid coaches in the NFL.
    The deal is worth $6.5 million annually and obviously was the main factor in Kelly's decision to leave Oregon and make the jump to the NFL. The Eagles are banking on Kelly's creative offensive mind to help turn around a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. Kelly has no previous NFL experience.
    Go Birds!!!!
    enjoyed the chad hall sighting. he and akers doing work
    so brady can't manage the clock at the end of the half and bellichek coached gutless by punting from the ravens 35 twice. nice. good to see the cheating miserable sob can't win without cheating...not titles since being caught even with one of the greatest QBs of all time. interesting
    pjhawks wrote:

time to move on.

Wow. You love blowing things out of proportion. It was just a comment on something I felt was an interesting observation. I like Andy Reid but are you saying that you can't make an observation about someone's personality by how they carry themselves outwardly? That's all it was. Keep feeling sorry for yourself because the Eagles didn't do what you wanted. You make it seem like I hired Chip Kelly. He wasn't my 1st choice. I didn't even have a 1st choice but now I'm glad they did hire him because it seems to piss you off for some reason. If you want to take shots, I'll shoot back. :wave:

Quack Quack
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

time to move on.

Wow. You love blowing things out of proportion. It was just a comment on something I felt was an interesting observation. I like Andy Reid but are you saying that you can't make an observation about someone's personality by how they carry themselves outwardly? That's all it was. Keep feeling sorry for yourself because the Eagles didn't do what you wanted. You make it seem like I hired Chip Kelly. He wasn't my 1st choice. I didn't even have a 1st choice but now I'm glad they did hire him because it seems to piss you off for some reason. If you want to take shots, I'll shoot back. :wave:

Quack Quack

huh? i made no personal comments about you so not sure where you are going with this post. the only contention i was making was that it's absurd to try and paint kelly as better than reid in making adjusments because of a press conference. let's let the guy coach a game or two in the NFL before we start calling him better at anything than the most successful coach in franchise history. surely you can't disagree with that.

as for Reid i agreed it was time for a change after this past season. I have no animosity towards the eagles for making said change. I do think Eagles fans (especially those say 35 and under) have no idea how great the Reid era was. some time in the next decade or so i imagine they will.
    let's not rewrite history here. the first 5 years of reid were good (great would entail not losing 4 of 5 championship games)

the last 8 or so were mediocre....much like the eagles have been for much of our lives. everyone is aware of this. hopefully the next 8 are better.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

time to move on.

brilliant

wow. talk about not getting it.

tough to find someone who could have done a worse job than andy reid did in these last couple years man. he left this team in disarray.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm rooting for Wilbert Montgomery to get a ring.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer