penn & teller

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://youtu.be/kDHjDiDNhQ8
funny as hell

i love penn & teller. these guys been at it a long time now. this show (is it still on. i don't own a tv) slays me.
that and their show, 'fool us' is great too. love me some penn jillette & teller. very funny & cool guys these two.

anyone saw them in vegas?
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    can't stand them, never could

just not my thing I guess
  • my wife worked with Penn for a brief while and said he was kind of a jackass but we ran into him at LAX a year or so later and she introduced me....during the brief conversation he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He is a really tall dude, I felt like a midget standing next to him.
    What I watched of their Showtime episodes were brilliant - not sure if they are still on either. A fan of their stuff for sure.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157

come on, man. they are hilarious

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    my wife worked with Penn for a brief while and said he was kind of a jackass but we ran into him at LAX a year or so later and she introduced me....during the brief conversation he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He is a really tall dude, I felt like a midget standing next to him.
    What I watched of their Showtime episodes were brilliant - not sure if they are still on either. A fan of their stuff for sure.
    very cool. yeah penn is a giant of a man. teller...he is quiet :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I love "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!", it's one of my favorite shows in recent memory even though I don't always see eye to eye with them. Mainly all I've seen is that show and them doing guest spots on Letterman, Best Damn Sports Show Period, etc. They were always hilarious, so I once decided to rent one of their actual magic shows. At the time Netflix only had one so I rented it, and it was terrible. For one thing, it was made for NBC, so Penn couldn't really be his usual raunchy self, and the whole thing was pretty cheesy and lame. It was so lame that it actually had a live (lip synced) performance by Aaron Carter. I haven't checked out anything else after that. If I do it has to be a pay cable special, so Penn can work blue. PG Penn and Teller is not worth checking out.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Penn Jillette is an absolute genius. A ridiculously smart man.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    chadwick wrote:

come on, man. they are hilarious

maybe that's one of the problems, I'm not a man :lol:
    and I never liked magic, so that doesn't help your case either :D
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

You should watch "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!" sometime. It's not on TV anymore, but you can get it from Netflix. I'ts not a magic show at all. It was a documentary/skeptical analysis show where they humorously tackled things like: psychics/mediums, the War On Drugs, new age medicine, 9-11 conspiracy theories, feng shui, etc. Sure, they may toss in the occasional magic trick, but not that much. It did originally air on Showtime, so it's not edited for content and Penn can curse like a sailor, plus they jokingly throw in the occasional gratuitous female nudity, usually admitting it's a shameless ratings ploy. So be warned if that's not the type of thing you'd be into.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It was cool when they were on the sci fi show Babylon 5
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I prefer pencils & keeping your mouth shut.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    DS1119 wrote:
    Penn Jillette is an absolute genius. A ridiculously smart man.
    Agreed. His views on politics and (non)religion are fascinating.

Loved the Bullshit series too. We NEED more shows like that.

Saw his home on a documentary awhile back - wild! And very cool. His pool was built so that the surface of the water would just cover his 6'7" self. The whole place looks like the stuff kids' dreams are made of.

(oh, and Teller is no slouch either; he actually had the foresight to copyright a trick and sued when someone stole it several years ago)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

You should watch "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!" sometime. It's not on TV anymore, but you can get it from Netflix. I'ts not a magic show at all. It was a documentary/skeptical analysis show where they humorously tackled things like: psychics/mediums, the War On Drugs, new age medicine, 9-11 conspiracy theories, feng shui, etc. Sure, they may toss in the occasional magic trick, but not that much. It did originally air on Showtime, so it's not edited for content and Penn can curse like a sailor, plus they jokingly throw in the occasional gratuitous female nudity, usually admitting it's a shameless ratings ploy. So be warned if that's not the type of thing you'd be into.

The Bullshit series was great. They did a show about organic foods and what a scam they are. It was great.
    penn & teller rock. these guys kill me. many of their episodes from 'bullshit' are on youtube. works for me.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    40 billion the u.s. spends on lawns. this is equal to the entire gross domestic product of veitnam. yeah the united states is a fucking grass cutting fucking country. drives me fucking nuts. meticulous fuckers all over their yards doing the endless hours of yard work drive me nuts. im talking about the guys with the lines and zero 1 inch weeds next to the sidewalks & they'd never have a yellow flower... you'd think dandelions kills some people

http://youtu.be/xuloYX_CHeU
    anyway. here's penn & teller on lawns

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://youtu.be/mkYTK0s7ZUw
    penn & teller's bullshit! war on drugs

currently just started watching this episode & thought i'd share with my friends on pearl jam.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce