Options

We're starting the "Yeahs!" in Alive WAY too early

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
at the 3 shows i've been to this tour, i noticed that everyone starts the "YEAH" chant during the first Alive solo anymore and continue it threw the breakdown (yeah na-huh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah). Then when the second solo (the real solo) starts, the "yeahs" don't last long cause everyone is yeahed out. Anyone notice this? minor complaint, but still, i perfered Alive on the Riot Act tour when the "Yeahs" started during the second solo. it throws off my head banging during the break down!
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    at the 3 shows i've been to this tour, i noticed that everyone starts the "YEAH" chant during the first Alive solo anymore and continue it threw the breakdown (yeah na-huh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah). Then when the second solo (the real solo) starts, the "yeahs" don't last long cause everyone is yeahed out. Anyone notice this? minor complaint, but still, i perfered Alive on the Riot Act tour when the "Yeahs" started during the second solo. it throws off my head banging during the break down!

yeh i agree

from all the boots, i think its a tad early
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    yeah yeah....that whole thing was a lot cooler when it first started....cool it with the yeahs...wait until the appropriate solo.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,418
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Couldn't agree more. In the 3 shows I have hit this tour I have noticed that too. We're not letting Mike get the full solo in. In years past it just kinda started at the end, but now it's as if people are waiting to do it, and so they start it right away. Glad others notice this stuff.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    one of my favorite moments from the show at the wachovia last year was the unison fist in the air "yeah!" part during Alive. After being at the 2 camden shows where alive was played twice, i have to agree, its starting too early and then just crapping out. like you said, sort of a small thing, but when it goes off right, its cool to seeing everyone moving and chanting as one.
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    one of my favorite moments from the show at the wachovia last year was the unison fist in the air "yeah!" part during Alive. After being at the 2 camden shows where alive was played twice, i have to agree, its starting too early and then just crapping out. like you said, sort of a small thing, but when it goes off right, its cool to seeing everyone moving and chanting as one.
    The "YEAHs" at Wachovia kicked ass!!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i am going to abstain until i get the signal tomorrow night
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,116
    PJ shows are going to be transformed into a coreography stuff.

"now!!" the YEAHS!, "now!!" the jump, .....
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,750
    So you're saying the crowds have been too overzealous? But I thought they were lame? I'm so confused...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    they did start right away but from watching ed he didnt seem to mind and was jamming out to the early yeahs, you do miss some of mikes solo with everyone being so loud, plz ppl be quiet and let the man play, jk... the show last night was amazing!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    Personally, I don't like it when the crowd yells: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" I like the guy and everything but shouldn't people be chanting:

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!"
    "STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!"
    "JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!"

or

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT!"

instead of

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

?

Anyway ,that's what I think.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,927
    the "yeahs!" have gone overboard since MSG2 in 2003, when Ed really seemed to take notice of it.........It seems like since that show, it's something that everyone waits for during the song.

Funny how GhostChile mentions the choreography of the shows. I got tix for a couple friends that I work with who are casual PJ fans, but huge fans of live music, and felt that they needed to see PJ to be complete (that, and listening to me go crazy about them for the past six years I've worked with them)

Anyway, they went to Boston 2, which was great for them, because there were a lot of singalongs, and it was a good setlist for them (they have every album, and new mostly everything)

I asked them what they thought, and they were blown away, and my friend thought it was so cool how the crowd was in such unison (sp?) for every song, and they really enjoyed the interaction (the "arms wide open" for GTF, the "scream HELLO" during Small Town, the butterflies and YEAH during Even Flow, the "yeahs" during Alive, the doo doo doo's during Black, and the loud singing during Indifference)

I could go on on, but this is just part of what makes going to a PJ show so special, and if you haven't been witness to it, you aren't going to get it, even with the boots.
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    the "yeahs!" have gone overboard since MSG2 in 2003, when Ed really seemed to take notice of it.........It seems like since that show, it's something that everyone waits for during the song.

Funny how GhostChile mentions the choreography of the shows. I got tix for a couple friends that I work with who are casual PJ fans, but huge fans of live music, and felt that they needed to see PJ to be complete (that, and listening to me go crazy about them for the past six years I've worked with them)

Anyway, they went to Boston 2, which was great for them, because there were a lot of singalongs, and it was a good setlist for them (they have every album, and new mostly everything)

I asked them what they thought, and they were blown away, and my friend thought it was so cool how the crowd was in such unison (sp?) for every song, and they really enjoyed the interaction (the "arms wide open" for GTF, the "scream HELLO" during Small Town, the butterflies and YEAH during Even Flow, the "yeahs" during Alive, the doo doo doo's during Black, and the loud singing during Indifference)

I could go on on, but this is just part of what makes going to a PJ show so special, and if you haven't been witness to it, you aren't going to get it, even with the boots.

lol. I took my 13 yr old to Cleveland and gave her "lessons" in the car on the way up! ;) (when to raise her hands, etc.)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    i agree.
  • Options
    lol good observation. Yeah we're suposed to wait until partway into Mike's solo after the breakdown. Usually we have to wait for Ed to start pumping his fists or climbing rafters or something.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    UnevenflowUnevenflow Posts: 19
    Maybe one of you could volunteer to hold up a sign when it is time!
  • Options
    I'm so glad many others have noticed this. Ed will not join in with us if we keep engaging in premature "yeahs". BTW, if you want to hear a perfect chorus of yeahs, perfectly timed, with Ed joining in, listen to the '03 Champaign show. Gold, I tell ya!
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    obviously we need to rehearse.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bostonlou wrote:
    i am going to abstain until i get the signal tomorrow night

again, best comment in a thread..... lol :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    VacateVacate Posts: 57
    the yeah chants are so fuckin lame. get over 1992 already, your annoying.
    www.myspace.com/vacate3
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    You MUST sing the guitar parts on Do The Evolution!

o o o o oooooo o o o ooooooo o o ooo o o o o oo ooo
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    I too liked the yeahs when they returned but now they are waaaaaay to early and they don't even last until the end of the song... it seems like it is a race to see who can start the yeahs, pretty soon stone will start the intro and the chants will start!..... and they are a little hitlerish.

I don't yeah anymore.
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    no that i paid attention to that..i see what ur sayin!
  • Options
    ...got it linked on Goldenfiddle.

http://goldenfiddle.com/node/3712

yikes, y'all.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    lol good observation. Yeah we're suposed to wait until partway into Mike's solo after the breakdown. Usually we have to wait for Ed to start pumping his fists or climbing rafters or something.

Please tell me this is a joke.....
    "It's gonna be a long night." e.v. 7/11/03
  • Options
    same thing in NJ
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Please tell me this is a joke.....

No!

I'm telling ya we need to fucking rehearse. All Pearl Jam concert attendees and wannabe attendees need to show up in some damn field somewhere (you think 700,000 might show up or what?) where we can hoist a huge screen so all can see, run some pj video and practice the damn Yeahs.

And if Europe sucks as much as we do state side, they'll have to practice and the same for the Aussies etc.

Get it right people!!!!! :D

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    ringo_l17ringo_l17 Posts: 62
    Thanks for the tip.

I started doing my yeahs yesterday - but I'm not seeing them until August.

I'll stop now...
    You've had a hard time? I've been here five years, they only hung me the right way up yesterday.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    this post is too funny! i've thought the same thing too recently, even listening to the boots of shows i wasn't at i've thought, "wait, why are they starting the yea's during the first solo??" i like the idea of putting everyone in a field to practice, and have like a big kareoke screen to give the queue. when the yea's are unified, man, its just harmonious.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    come to think of it, i think we're cheering and getting into the shows too early as well. i mean they open a set and we're immediately cheering and singing along...seriously, we as fans need to stop getting SO into the music that we are chanting and cheering before "cue"

<cough>