Can't wait to get back to my vinyl...

gumby812gumby812 Posts: 53
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been in India for the last five months, and what a tumultuous five months those have been. The travelers Diarrhea was the most violent illness I have ever had. It actually took me three weeks to recover. I have been consistently ripped off and lied to by the locals. I understand that I am white, while I'm a dirt poor college student at home, I do have more than they do. It actually has made me feel guilty to how much a have at home.

The roommate situation was just terrible. She was a pot-head and I'm a alcoholic, and we all know those to types don't mix. However, I think I now know why (at least it works in my head) it's that a pot-head doesn't really ever live in reality, or they can create their own. Where as a drunk sees the reality and just wants to get away from it. Well, if there is a bar tender at the bar with one boob two sizes two small a pot-head will think she is hot right away, where as the drunk will find her attractive two beers in. Drinking just makes you not care, while smoking pot just sets you in a cloud of forever disillusionment.

Any way back to why I started I'm heading home in a week, and I will be spinning the black circles for a bit before I settle down and get adjusted. I have been warned over and over that going back sucks about as much as going to India in the first place. I can't imagine that anything could be as dark as this was to me.

if one were to take all the stories of mine that end in heartache, or a total shift in who I am this is by far the highest on the scale. It seemed there was no end to the punishment that I experienced... one week left...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    I stayed in Egypt for awhile and went through the "lower belly" problems for several days, then you go through it again when you get back to the states.....Its much less on the return if that helps??

I heard its because there food is not like ours, basically our food is extremely clean and there's is not, it has "stuff" in it that our belly's have to get acclimated too. :nono:
    Yes. I know there is a more scientific explanation.....