Options

If PJ21 is in AV, I will not attend and here's why

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    If PJ21 is at AV I will attend and here's why: I fucking love Pearl Jam.
    Peace.

This
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ok
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    If PJ21 is at AV I will attend and here's why: I fucking love Pearl Jam.
    Peace.

This
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    why not bring pj 21 to las vegas??????? pj played the 10 anniversary show in vegas, and vegas hotel prices and city is really good, compared to middle of nowhere wisconsin where a nice hotel room cost like 300 or 400 and it hard to get cause sell out easy why do sports tournaments wind up in places with big hotel capacity? like super bowl in new orleans miami etc

bring pj 21 to las vegas please
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I'll be there, PJ 20 rocked, and PJ 21 will be even better, just hoping it doesnt rain all day, and hoping if they play a 2 nighter we get reserved both nights, being on that slipperly lawn night 1 really sucked
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    ckravitz wrote:
    Did you measure the United States by also including the distance from NY to Hawaii? :D That would be more fair if you are talking about seeing them wherever they play.

Of course the point I think he was making is that while perhaps the US and EUR are very close in size, isnt it true that they really don't play that many shows to the far east of EUR?

Nope, just on pure land mass. But they never play there anyway!

I don't think so, he made it very clear. They don't play east that much but that is irrelevant if you are saying USA is bigger than Europe. If you say they play a larger across USA than Europe then that makes more sense. But still doesn't make it easier, Americans have it so easy it's unreal and they don't know it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,577
    Brisk. wrote:
    ckravitz wrote:
    Did you measure the United States by also including the distance from NY to Hawaii? :D That would be more fair if you are talking about seeing them wherever they play.

Of course the point I think he was making is that while perhaps the US and EUR are very close in size, isnt it true that they really don't play that many shows to the far east of EUR?

Nope, just on pure land mass. But they never play there anyway!

I don't think so, he made it very clear. They don't play east that much but that is irrelevant if you are saying USA is bigger than Europe. If you say they play a larger across USA than Europe then that makes more sense. But still doesn't make it easier, Americans have it so easy it's unreal and they don't know it.

Pearl Jam seems to tour Europe more frequently these days than the US. If you live in Spain, Portugal, Italy you'll get every other tour. If you live in England, Germany, France, Denmark, Netherlands you'll get either every Euro tour, or every other tour. Folks in the states who live in a large part of the country don't get any shows that are within 10 hours driving distance tour after tour. It seems like if you live in Spain, you may not get a show but your neighbor France will. People in Texas don't have shows within 5 states.

Euro train systems are much better than the US, so I would think that would make it easier to get around, or you could always fly. I'm buying a rail pass for my Euro trip this summer. IT just seems like there are always a bunch of shows that are pretty close together in Europe with the festivals they play, and then PJ shows they throw in between.

I was wrong though on the size of Europe versus the US. It just seems like if you live in Portugal, Spain, Italy, England, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Czech Rep, Poland, or Belgium you will get a show within reasonable driving distance every other tour (which they seem to hit Europe every other year). If you lived in Houston Texas, the closest show you've got in 9 years is a 13 hour drive to Kansas City (not counting two festival shows). Houston is a top 5 city in population in the US.

Anyway, I don't think Europeans have it that bad with catching Pearl Jam shows as they are implying.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490

Pearl Jam seems to tour Europe more frequently these days than the US. If you live in Spain, Portugal, Italy you'll get every other tour. If you live in England, Germany, France, Denmark, Netherlands you'll get either every Euro tour, or every other tour. Folks in the states who live in a large part of the country don't get any shows that are within 10 hours driving distance tour after tour. It seems like if you live in Spain, you may not get a show but your neighbor France will. People in Texas don't have shows within 5 states.

Euro train systems are much better than the US, so I would think that would make it easier to get around, or you could always fly. I'm buying a rail pass for my Euro trip this summer. IT just seems like there are always a bunch of shows that are pretty close together in Europe with the festivals they play, and then PJ shows they throw in between.

I was wrong though on the size of Europe versus the US. It just seems like if you live in Portugal, Spain, Italy, England, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Czech Rep, Poland, or Belgium you will get a show within reasonable driving distance every other tour (which they seem to hit Europe every other year). If you lived in Houston Texas, the closest show you've got in 9 years is a 13 hour drive to Kansas City (not counting two festival shows). Houston is a top 5 city in population in the US.

Anyway, I don't think Europeans have it that bad with catching Pearl Jam shows as they are implying.

Yeah I see what you mean, everything in general is larger so ya they might not play your nearest city which is proportionally bigger than if you were in the US. But if you wanna do more than one European show it can be a bit of a beeech.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Yeah I see what you mean, everything in general is larger so ya they might not play your nearest city which is proportionally bigger than if you were in the US. But if you wanna do more than one European show it can be a bit of a beeech.

why is it hard to get to shows in europe? id think it in a way easier than going across usa, look manchester got 2 shows which is what an hour or two boat ride to amsterdam from london? then you can go to belgium which is an hour and bit from amsterdam right? then you can go to prague that is like an hour flight from belgium? plus euro union passport thing it seems you can travel easy even if its alot of countries?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    ha... I LOL'ed when I saw the PJ21 shirt... and now this??

if PJ seriously end up numbering each year and playing some lame ass DMB-esque summer fest each time I'm outta here! get back to focusing on the music and away from all this nostalgia... they already have a bad rep to the general public of being a band way past their prime... no need for the constant reminders
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/