2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
edited November 2023 in All Encompassing Trip
NHL
Post edited by polaris_x on

Comments

• holllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :mrgreen:

follow shanny on twitter ...good shit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    To steal a page from our dear old departed friend, Ron Santo....

This is the year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I'm hoping I can stream some Habs games.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    I have two hockey preview magazines

The Hockey News is predicting the Capitals to win it all.

The Sporting News went with the Penguins over the Sharks.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828

I see a potential Crosby problem there.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Season starts Tonite!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!

i know it's a shame but at least it isn't fraudulent ... :lol:
  • eddiec wrote:

I see a potential Crosby problem there.

If he gets cleared to play. I don't think he'll be the same though but you never know
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST SPORT IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although it sucks that my rangers have big problems with staal and his head....imagine his own brother might have changed his career forever....very fucked up

as for crosby....he will never be the same (if he evens comes back) its lindross all over again ...hate him but its sad to see
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

as for crosby....he will never be the same (if he evens comes back) its lindross all over again ...hate him but its sad to see

Yeah not a big fan, but it's pretty sad that he prob won't ever be the same because of this. Not good for the league.

Yeah not a big fan, but it's pretty sad that he prob won't ever be the same because of this. Not good for the league.

i'm not sure ... it's possible their very cautionary approach last year has allowed him to regain full health ... i think they did the right thing with him shutting him down ... and i suspect that they wouldn't bring him back if they thought it was risky ... especially early in the season ...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm not sure ... it's possible their very cautionary approach last year has allowed him to regain full health ... i think they did the right thing with him shutting him down ... and i suspect that they wouldn't bring him back if they thought it was risky ... especially early in the season ...

Yeah, hopefully he is back to full health. It would be a shame for someone w/ that much talent to have their career ruined by injury.
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Looking forward to the start of the season tonight, I am an Oilers fan so it could be a long year, But it will be nice to watch Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins,Dubnyk develop
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    the banner gets raised tonight :D
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    This is going to be a year for the books.

a) Labour stoppage looming
    b) Head Shots are getting worse not better
    c) Winni-fucking-peg
    d) Sidney's issue
    e) The Leafs back in the playoffs

(had to throw that last one in there)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I have two hockey preview magazines

The Hockey News is predicting the Capitals to win it all.

SI has the pens winning it all too.

Looking forward to seeing the revamped flyers squad tonight. Still can't believe they traded my boy richards (but I'm thrilled that carter and his frosted tips are gone)
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    Oh Yeah going to the opener tonight!!! Too bad Syd won’t be playing seeing as the Pens only come every second year but it will still be great to be back at the rink!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Oh Yeah going to the opener tonight!!! Too bad Syd won’t be playing seeing as the Pens only come every second year but it will still be great to be back at the rink!!!

i believe next year.....they will play a home and home with every team from the other confrence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    81 wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

i believe next year.....they will play a home and home with every team from the other confrence.

I haven't heard about that .....Bu it sounds great lots of stars in east that would be nice to see every year - Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, ......and who do your Flyers have now?
    ....I wonder what they will do with the number of conference and divisional games then? Right now they are at a balance of conference games home and away twice.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    While i'm fan of the Flyers i see the finals being Washington playing LA in the finals. i think LA is going to surprised many teams this year and i like that Washington now has a goalie. should be a great year.

ANY WAY GO FLYERS GO!
  • B's title defense starts tonight!! Fuck. Yes. 8-)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

I haven't heard about that .....Bu it sounds great lots of stars in east that would be nice to see every year - Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, ......and who do your Flyers have now?
    ....I wonder what they will do with the number of conference and divisional games then? Right now they are at a balance of conference games home and away twice.

i can't find the link on it...i know it was being talked about...but maybe it's not set in stone yet. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    2012 stanley cup champion los angeles kings has a nice ring to it

:P :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

i really like your team there. i like the Richards pick up. he is a very good 2 way player. should be an interesting year for you. you have 2 very good young goalies.
    fife wrote:
    norm wrote:

i really like your team there. i like the Richards pick up. he is a very good 2 way player. should be an interesting year for you. you have 2 very good young goalies.

they dropped a big nut on doughty tho ... although if he plays like he did last playoffs - it'll be worth it ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    norm wrote:

they dropped a big nut on doughty tho ... although if he plays like he did last playoffs - it'll be worth it ...

AEG spent more on payroll this year than they did to purchase the team :shock:

fife, on paper we have a good team but don't worry, injuries and the beach will take care of us winning anything :( :roll:
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    norm wrote:

I agree but i think drew is going to be the best dman in the NHL for many many years.
    fife wrote:
    I agree but i think drew is going to be the best dman in the NHL for many many years.

yeah ... i think the top 3 are doughty, keith and weber ... and they are all young and all canadian! ... if we go back to the olympics ... gonna bode well!! ... :D
  • I'm half tempted to buy NHL Center Ice this year.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    I'm half tempted to buy NHL Center Ice this year.

It would be worth it, i'd buy it but we only get it in the super sports pack and i don't care about football or baseball that much so i don't want to pay that, at least every Leafs game is on TV so i can watch all their games, James Reimer gets his chance as number 1 tonight, GO LEAFS GO lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Kinda cool they're skating the cup in boston