saving hair from certain death (and other men's hygiene)

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
while in the shower i discovered (probably with advice) that if i take a hair pick to my hair while my hair is lathered up i do not lose heaps of hair. chlorine from the pool(s) drys my hair out something fierce which makes it tangled worse than ever and brittle as shit.

i discovered that shampooing and conditioning twice works well but takes longer and costs twice as much. also, i figured out that if i take this body butter coconut scrub body buff wash stuff (which is made from crushed coconut & jojoba butter extracts) and wash my hair with it prior to shampooing and conditioning that my hair kicks ass all over again.

my hair's quite curly and has been totally abused. i am pleased i don't have to chop it off. i guess there was a shit ton of dead ends up top there. they were removed.

i sound like a girl... speaking of which
where's that one thread i came up with years ago; "us men can have a hygiene thread too"... was something like that, yes/no?

tip: brush your foul fucking mouth
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    LOL I suggest Burt's Bees shampoos and conditioners.. also if you want thick lusterous hair? Horse shampoo and conditioner. Arrow's Mane and Tail is the best, but not the shit Wal-mart sells, buy it from a Tack 'n Feed or a co-op so you get the "real" stuff. Those are my suggestions. the Burt's Bees is quite expensive if you have massive quantities of hair, but excellent results.. the Horse products are moderately priced as well, but remember, you're buying quantities meant for a HORSE too, so they last WAY longer on a human. Good luck!
    P.S. I use the horse products and have for well over 25 years they are worth looking into.