Options

London Astoria '06 Poster

jarrey76jarrey76 Posts: 4
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Does anyone know if there is a poster for the Astoria gig? I have the UK tour poster but that's just for the festival shows. I remember there was a very limited edition T-shirt but not sure about the poster. I have just got the new Ames book and there's nothing in there about it, it probably doesn't exist!
13th July 1993 Brixton, the day I saw the light.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    There's one listed on Expressobeans:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/64645

But I have no idea who made it, why they made it etc.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,503
    There's one listed on Expressobeans:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/64645

But I have no idea who made it, why they made it etc.

This one on EB is NOT an official PJ poster - In fact, i have no idea where that comes from. I remember seeing that poster too. I think its just some guy trying to make a quick buck. Also it sucks big-time.
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    This one on EB is NOT an official PJ poster - In fact, i have no idea where that comes from. I remember seeing that poster too. I think its just some guy trying to make a quick buck. Also it sucks big-time.
    yes, agreed, this poster sucks.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Ugh... horrible poster.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    I don't get it at all. There is no name attached to this poser, nowhere to buy it, a google doesn't result in any hits. If someone is out to make a buck - their marketing abilities could use an overhawl.
  • Options
    Hey, thanks for the replies... and I agree what a rubbish poster. I could do better myself (thats saying somehting believe me!)

Might just have to accept that there isn't one.. I thought one may have been done based on the T-shirt. Know the one I mean? with the bottle of wine etc etc..... was that official??
    13th July 1993 Brixton, the day I saw the light.
  • Options
    yeah those t-shirts were official merch. no official poster.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    it was the same thing with Irving plaza, no poster, but they both had the avocado t-shirt with the wine bottle saying wither astoria, or irving plaza, on the back.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    a5pj wrote:
    it was the same thing with Irving plaza, no poster, but they both had the avocado t-shirt with the wine bottle saying wither astoria, or irving plaza, on the back.
    and do I love my Astoria shirt :)..the girl one is dark blue too, which I much prefer..
    The only one like that..IP one I think and the tour ones had only light blue for the ladies..
  • Options
    If there was enough demand, and it didn't infringe on any copyright, I know someone that could run off several high quality screenprints based on a design for the astoria gig. He won't be doing it tomorrow, but if there was interest, I could speak to him about it....