I Just Don't Get It

2»

Comments

• I'm not a big fan of "juvenile" humour either, but for some reason Jim Carrey cracks me up all the time. Maybe partially because it seems he's made of rubber. I don't know. But I enjoy him. One of the only actors in existence that I can appreciate in both comedies and dramas.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    I don't get Tom Cruise. :? Or vegemite. Who would willingly eat something that smells like death :shock:

Vegemite is awesome. It is it's own food group - very good for you, and tastes awesome too - yes, I have been known to eat it straight from the jar on occasion. BUT, I will grant you it does seem to be an acquired taste. I have yet to meet anyone who was born in Australia who doesn't like it - I'm sure those people exist, but I haven't met them - and it's usually one of a child's staple foods here - vegemite on toast, or vegemite sandwiches. It's great in meatloaf, and casseroles, and other dishes, can cure coldsores, and is also great for freaking out Americans, haha! ;) A useful tip for non vegemitans is to start slowly - put a very very small amount on a piece of bread AFTER buttering, then work your way up to slathering it on. But seriously, it's like our national food - it's awesome - what's not to get?

But I'm with you on the whole not getting Tom Cruise thing. He doesn't do anything for me personally.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I don't get Tom Cruise. :? Or vegemite. Who would willingly eat something that smells like death :shock:

Vegemite is awesome. It is it's own food group - very good for you, and tastes awesome too - yes, I have been known to eat it straight from the jar on occasion. BUT, I will grant you it does seem to be an acquired taste. I have yet to meet anyone who was born in Australia who doesn't like it - I'm sure those people exist, but I haven't met them - and it's usually one of a child's staple foods here - vegemite on toast, or vegemite sandwiches. It's great in meatloaf, and casseroles, and other dishes, can cure coldsores, and is also great for freaking out Americans, haha! ;) A useful tip for non vegemitans is to start slowly - put a very very small amount on a piece of bread AFTER buttering, then work your way up to slathering it on. But seriously, it's like our national food - it's awesome - what's not to get?

But I'm with you on the whole not getting Tom Cruise thing. He doesn't do anything for me personally.
    My husband sent me some back when he was still in Oz - as soon as I opened the package I smelled something horrid and thought he must be a terrorist. :lol: I tried to give some to my cat who eats everythingand she ran away. :? :lol: But he is an Aussie through and through so we have a bunch stocked in the house. But he's not allowed to kiss me unless he brushes his teeth thoroughly after eating it...twice :lol: It's a taste you have to be born for I think...you just can't acquire one for that stuff.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I don't get Cameron Diaz, dreadfully overated creature. Carey I find him quite funny at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eju7zSmHklA
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

My husband sent me some back when he was still in Oz - as soon as I opened the package I smelled something horrid and thought he must be a terrorist. :lol: I tried to give some to my cat who eats everythingand she ran away. :? :lol: But he is an Aussie through and through so we have a bunch stocked in the house. But he's not allowed to kiss me unless he brushes his teeth thoroughly after eating it...twice :lol: It's a taste you have to be born for I think...you just can't acquire one for that stuff.

That's right, CBG! Don't let anyone tell you different. I divorced my ex aussie wife because she tried to feed that shit to me one time... Unconditional love, my ass. No vegemite!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    eyedclaar wrote:

That's right, CBG! Don't let anyone tell you different. I divorced my ex aussie wife because she tried to feed that shit to me one time... Unconditional love, my ass. No vegemite!
    Seriously! Vegemite is where I draw the line! :twisted: Thank god you don't serve that crap to your basement "guests" :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    eyedclaar wrote:

Seriously! Vegemite is where I draw the line! :twisted: Thank god you don't serve that crap to your basement "guests" :?

pfffffttttt. Vegemite is awesome. That's all.
  • SNL has a great cast right now and this year has been good so far. Jim Carrey was hilarious. I don't get how you don't get it. But we're not all going to laugh at the same stuff.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • nuffingman wrote:
    I don't get Cameron Diaz, dreadfully overated creature. Carey I find him quite funny at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eju7zSmHklA

best bit of the movie...i would not mind being stuck in that lift :twisted:
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    eyedclaar wrote:

pffffffffffttttttttttttt I think you just think its awesome because you grew up with it! And have been Aussie brainwashed! But......that'll never work on me!!!!!
    Thorns2010 wrote:

pffffffffffttttttttttttt I think you just think its awesome because you grew up with it! And have been Aussie brainwashed! But......that'll never work on me!!!!!

Oh really? What if you've already been brainwashed and just don't realise it? I mean, surely I didn't eat ALL that vegemite that's sitting in your kitchen cupboard?
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Oh really? What if you've already been brainwashed and just don't realise it? I mean, surely I didn't eat ALL that vegemite that's sitting in your kitchen cupboard?

And surely you didn't forget the look on my face when I had an itsy bitsy teenie bit of it?
    Thorns2010 wrote:

And surely you didn't forget the look on my face when I had an itsy bitsy teenie bit of it?

Oh no, I remember it well - it was one of extreme pleasure. You looked like it was the most amazing thing you'd ever tasted in your entire life. So, therefore I surmise that you were secretly eating it while I was sleeping, and then just telling me you didn't like it to keep up appearances. ;)
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Oh no, I remember it well - it was one of extreme pleasure. You looked like it was the most amazing thing you'd ever tasted in your entire life. So, therefore I surmise that you were secretly eating it while I was sleeping, and then just telling me you didn't like it to keep up appearances. ;)

Hmmmmmm................

I think you are imagining things again. I mean we both know I was never out of bed while you were in it.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795

I was born here, you've met me and i hate vegemite.... :D
    joely_91 wrote:

I was born here, you've met me and i hate vegemite.... :D

I may have to reconsider our friendship Mr Joel there. What do you mean, you hate vegemite?! That's just plain unAustralian!!!
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Hmmmmmm................

I think you are imagining things again. I mean we both know I was never out of bed while you were in it.

Maybe you were eating it in bed?