Options

The Story Behind "Ramblings III"?

Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
edited December 2010 in The Porch
I got Angel/Ramblings for my mystery 10c single. After listening to it, I've searched the threads and even googled it, but I couldn't find much to do with "Fuck Me in the Brain" and the famous shoe banter that is after it. What is the story behind all that stuff? Where did it take place? etc. Man, the boys sure have calmed down since back then, huh? :shock:
"In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    its from a show in indio 1993 when the crowd was throwing shoes at the band and they got pissed off, that's what the whole shoe rant is about :P
    here's the "shoe the shoeless" bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns

i think the whole fuck me in the brain thing is just because they were pissed off, when they came back on stage (after walking off because of the shoes) they played even flow but jeff was behind some amps because of all the shoes.
    there's more videos on youtube and i'm sure there will be more info on twofeetthick

hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    yeah I was AT that show, it was INSANE!! And just so ya know Mr Vedder, you were licking horse shit off of a shoe..lmao I DID pasture vac all the fields regularly, but it doesn't pick up ALLL the shit, just the large chunks.. LMAO. And everytime I think of that.. I laugh.. He probably didn't even think about that..lmao but he may honestly say now that he's licked shit..So, so far now this band has made me laugh so hard I've pee'd my pants ( over Mexican Transvestite wrestling) puke three times ( San Fran puke athon, Bile beer and horse shit of the bottom of a shoe), and want to wake up everyday just to see what would happen next. Thanks to this band,I've had a kick ass last twenty years, glad I got here in the beginning!