my band's version of evenflow.

savmansavman Posts: 230
edited October 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey all,
I wanted to share a video from one of my bands gigs we did a about a year ago. Someone managed to video it and has mixed the sound quite well i thought!!.
Some of the syncing is out on parts of the drums and Jim forgets the words at the start of one of the versus :D but other than that i am quite proud of our effort. It was our very first gig as a band.
Anyway, unfortunately i had to leave countries and we dont play togehter anymore but it was good memories.

Apologies in advance for those who arent keen on tributes.

Oh and also i know i am not playing it the way Stone does- just playing the drop D variation.

Jeez its fun to gig tho! sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kouMqvyxEjs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Definitely not the worst PJ cover I've ever heard. I mean that in a good way. Fun vid.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    It sounded great.

cool jumping...

cool video too.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Thanks guys.! :D
  • i like the energy, and the backstage hijinks are pretty cool. i can tell you guys were just getting started because you all seemed so generally close and excited. my band was like that when we were starting out. we were a gang of 5, totally united because the band was all we really had. but as we get older everyone is growing up and getting married and settling down. we don't even really group hug like we used to when we were younger like you guys did backstage. we have an old pic somewhere where we tried to recreate the "ten" album cover but it was an epic fail. but we were really tight at that time. the sound was pretty good and i could tell that you guys were passionate about what you are doing. and that high energy and jumping around goes a long way. we always did that because you never know who in the local scene is going to see your show, rival bands, potential managers, or even club owners looking for fresh bands. it is good to leave it all on the stage like that.

nice work :thumbup: :clap:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Thanks man. Really appreciate it!
    Well to be honest i was shit scared at the start of the gig so i thought - right what i'll do is get on stage and jump around like a maniac and if i make any mistakes i can later put it down to that haha. worked a treat!
    But seriously, i like to put the energy in because every one of those people paid hard-earned to be there so i want them to think they got value for money.
    Ive been to plenty of gigs i wish i hadnt paid coin for. And some professional ones at that!
    But on the flipside, I also saw Ed Kowalzych (or how ever you spell his last name) the singer from LIve for a paltry ten quid at the water rats. Just him, me and about 200 other cats. He had a smile from ear to ear the whole show and was just absolutely loving it! I would have hapily paid fifty in hindsight.

Its a shame to hear the energy has a tendency to fade. I wonder how guys like PJ or Bruce and the E street just still have the fire burning so strong?

i have to start all over again and find a new band. Its painstaking but its very much worth the investment.
    My theory is if you can find a decent bunch of individuals which makes it fun outside the rehearsal space too, your winning. The music will take care of itself..
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Are you in "OZ"?...haha :P
    Yep, Melbourne. :D