Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    Sounds quite authoritarian. So much for liberty, eh? And how’s about that “independence?” Tejas, please Mexico, take it back, please?
    It's like eminent domain which I am not a fan of either.
    Eminent domain is a necessary evil though. So many freeways and other needed  infrastructure that benefits everyone wouldn’t exist without it.
    It worked for Huey Long, so yes.
    I’m not familiar with how he’s connected to eminent domain. But I don’t see how it’s possible to build freeways in Southern California without it. How do you link LA and Riverside, Orange Country, San Bernardino and Ventura counties without taking over some land? When they expanded the 210 freeway 20 years ago that Orin finally ended right by our house. They had to buy up tons of land to compete it and extend it out to San Bernardino.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Sounds quite authoritarian. So much for liberty, eh? And how’s about that “independence?” Tejas, please Mexico, take it back, please?
    It's like eminent domain which I am not a fan of either.
    Eminent domain is a necessary evil though. So many freeways and other needed  infrastructure that benefits everyone wouldn’t exist without it.
    It worked for Huey Long, so yes.
    I’m not familiar with how he’s connected to eminent domain. But I don’t see how it’s possible to build freeways in Southern California without it. How do you link LA and Riverside, Orange Country, San Bernardino and Ventura counties without taking over some land? When they expanded the 210 freeway 20 years ago that Orin finally ended right by our house. They had to buy up tons of land to compete it and extend it out to San Bernardino.
    I remember when they rerouted the 58.  It used to go through Mojave.  They had it go around and killed that town even more.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    https://www.amny.com/news/mayor-adams-no-guarantee-migrant-shelter-placements/

Mayor Adams says there’s ‘no guarantee’ of new shelter placements for migrants booted under new 60-day limit

Last week, Adams unveiled the new policy, which will see notices sent to single adult migrants informing them that they have 60 days to find other lodgings, as the Big Apple’s homeless and emergency shelter population has swelled to over 105,000 people — mostly due to recently arrived asylum seekers.

But during an unrelated press conference on July 23, the mayor remarked that migrants who reapply to the shelter system may not be able to nab a new placement.

“There’s no guarantee on your reapplication,” the mayor told reporters. “We’re going to try to do the best we can, as we have always done. But this is not sustainable and I’m not going to give the false impression that it is.”

Soon after that announcement, elected officials and advocates quickly started raising alarms that it would lead to more migrants sleeping in public spaces.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802

A judge blocks limits on asylum at US-Mexico border but gives Biden administration time to appeal
    By REBECCA SANTANA
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Tuesday blocked a rule that allows immigration authorities to deny asylum to migrants who arrive at the U.S.-Mexico border without first applying online or seeking protection in a country they passed through. But the judge delayed his ruling from taking effect immediately to give President Joe Biden's administration time to appeal.

The order from U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar of the Northern District of California takes away a key enforcement tool set in place by the Biden administration as coronavirus-based restrictions on asylum expired in May. The new rule imposes severe limitations on migrants seeking asylum but includes room for exceptions and does not apply to children traveling alone.

“The Rule — which has been in effect for two months — cannot remain in place,” Tigar wrote in an order that will not take effect for two weeks.

The Justice Department said it would seek to prevent the judge's ruling from taking effect and that it's confident the rule is lawful.

Immigrant rights groups that sued over the the rule applauded the judge's decision.

“The promise of America is to serve as a beacon of freedom and hope, and the administration can and should do better to fulfill this promise, rather than perpetuate cruel and ineffective policies that betray it,” American Civil Liberties Union attorney Katrina Eiland, who argued the case, said in a statement.

The ACLU and other groups had argued the rule violates a U.S. law that protects the right to asylum regardless of how a person enters the country. The groups said it forces migrants to seek protection in countries that don’t have the same robust asylum system and human rights protections as the United States. They also argued that the CBP One app the government wants migrants to use doesn't have enough appointments and isn’t available in enough languages.

The administration had argued that protection systems in other countries that migrants travel through have improved. But Tigar said it's not feasible for some migrants to seek protection in a transit country and noted the violence that many face in Mexico in particular.

“While they wait for an adjudication, applicants for asylum must remain in Mexico, where migrants are generally at heightened risk of violence by both state and non-state actors,” the judge wrote.

He also wrote that the rule is illegal because it presumes that people are ineligible for asylum if they enter the country between legal border crossings. But, Tigar wrote, Congress expressly said that should not affect whether someone is eligible for asylum.

The judge also rejected the administration's arguments that it had provided other avenues for people to come to the U.S. and that should be taken into account. The administration has pointed to a program that allows as many as 30,000 migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela if they have a sponsor and fly into the U.S. The judge noted that such pathways are not available to all migrants.

The Biden administration also argued that it was allowing potentially hundreds of thousands of people into the U.S. through the CBP One app. Migrants use the app to schedule an appointment to present themselves at the border to seek entry to the U.S. and request asylum.

Tigar noted that the 1,450 appointments currently available daily outstrips demand, leaving asylum seekers waiting in Mexico where they're at “serious risk of violence.”

The Biden administration said the asylum rule was a key part of its strategy to strike a balance between strict border enforcement and ensuring several avenues for migrants to pursue valid asylum claims. According to Customs and Border Protection, total encounters along the southern border — meaning migrants who either came to one of the ports of entry or tried to cross between them — were down 30% in June compared with the previous month. The agency said it was the lowest monthly total since February 2021.

Critics have argued that the rule is essentially a newer version of efforts by President Donald Trump to limit asylum at the southern border. The Supreme Court eventually allowed the Trump administration to limit asylum for people who don't apply for protection in a country they travel through before coming to the U.S. to go into effect. But another Trump effort to bar people from applying for asylum except at an official border entry point was caught up in litigation and never took effect.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    https://www.threads.net/@jimacosta/post/Cveuk5mutSs/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
    Can’t believe Abbot can do this and get away with it! I’m sorry but PJ playing this state has given me a bad taste, I’m hoping Ed at least speaks out about this issue when they do the shows! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    We now have asylum seekers sleeping outside of the hotels.  

Either the numbers are mismanaged or people are showing up because they know it’s an asylum hot spot?

I don’t see how you can have 50 people not accounted for that would have to sleep on the streets.

Mid-town manhattan and Manhattan will be overrun if this keeps up.  We have a housing shortage as is.  No way we can sustain the increased asylum seekers here in the city.
  • Options
    Heard a story on NPR today about the candy selling migrants her in the city.  This has become more of a thing after covid.  It was rare to see but now is quite common.

I was used to seeing this in Mexico on the Tijuana border so it came as a surprise hearing that these people are mostly from Ecuador.  They said if they make 43 a day then that is a good day.

I wonder about the people that sell mango and papaya too.  You'll see them on corners and offramps or sometimes in the middle of the onramps.

Without assisted living I don't see how they can make it?
  • Options
    This is one of the hotels that NYC has been using for migrants/asylum seekers. This is the roosevelt. 

So I’m very curious how they get scooters?  In every shelter there is a small armada of scooters outside. 

Remember I said they’ll be turf wars with scooters one day?

They are doing deliveries and who knows what else to make money and they are trying. I’m just worried that when their 60 days are up, where and what are they going to do?

Randalls island, you may remember PJ did some shows there back in the day?

well the soccer fields are now emergency shelters for 3000 migrant/asylum seekers. 

Locals that use those facilities aren’t happy. 

Rumor is the old peninsula hospital is being transformed into affordable housing and an even bigger rumor is all the ocean front property in Rockaway, not too far from Peninsula, they are building blocks of affordable housing. From 33rd to 56th. This area used to be the Summer bungalow from years ago. They demolished them years ago. That’s another story though. 

Not sure if the city changes gears and makes them for the asylum seekers or it stays as affordable housing. It’ll be interesting to see what plays out. 
  • Options
    Report came out that it costs NY $383 a day to house migrants in hotels per day.  The answer to save NY tax payers money is subsidized housing which would cost 0nly $72 a day.

Problems with this here in NY.

Migrants only have 60 days in the places they are now.  New laws would have to be written I guess to change this?

We don't have affordable housing to put them in in the first place.  We have a shortage as it is right now.  Read above though about the "rumors" to make more of it though.

Let's say they do put people into subsidized housing.  What happens to all the other people who've been trying to get into these programs before them?  Also who the hell is fitting the bill for all this?

Randall's island is now at full capacity too.  That didn't take long.

The asylum seekers will be staying at an asylum in queens now.  How's that for irony?

NYC needs some serious help taking care of all these people.  My biggest fear is we fail them and they get left behind and won't bounce back for generations.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    Report came out that it costs NY $383 a day to house migrants in hotels per day.  The answer to save NY tax payers money is subsidized housing which would cost 0nly $72 a day.

Migrants only have 60 days in the places they are now.  New laws would have to be written I guess to change this?

We don't have affordable housing to put them in in the first place.  We have a shortage as it is right now.  Read above though about the "rumors" to make more of it though.

Let's say they do put people into subsidized housing.  What happens to all the other people who've been trying to get into these programs before them?  Also who the hell is fitting the bill for all this?

The asylum seekers will be staying at an asylum in queens now.  How's that for irony?

NYC needs some serious help taking care of all these people.  My biggest fear is we fail them and they get left behind and won't bounce back for generations.  
    I guess nobody has anything to say about any of your posts. 
  • Options
    1st question, are these the folks bussed in from texas and arizona?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    1st question, are these the folks bussed in from texas and arizona?
    Yes they are for the most part.  There are others coming too that weren't.  They heard that they can get housing so they show up.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I guess nobody has anything to say about any of your posts. 
    We are living in it and I am offering my birds eye view of it and what is written in the news.  

It would be interesting to hear other peoples views and ideas.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    The only thing I’d ask is how can this nation get all those nations to fix their problems! We must demand from those governments to get their house in order to keep their population at home 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    edited August 2023
    The only thing I’d ask is how can this nation get all those nations to fix their problems! We must demand from those governments to get their house in order to keep their population at home 

That sounds like the most sensible solution.  
    I think it's great to help others who are less fortunate but at some point, we have to face reality and either do something drastically different or keep things status quo.  If all the wealth in the world were to be equally distributed, each of us would be limited to something like $34,000 per year*.  If we want to help everybody, then theoretically we would all have to agree to do that.  I wonder how many first world people would be willing to go along with that idea?

* Edit: Or maybe that would be what each of us would have total, not yearly.  I'll try to find the correct statistic- sorry!

Edit 2:  One stat I found said each of us would have an annual income of around $12,000 to $15,000 USD.  Another just basically said "everyone would be poor."  I imagine that is true.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I know we poked a little bit down there but can't make a dent.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    brianlux said:

I think it's great to help others who are less fortunate but at some point, we have to face reality and either do something drastically different or keep things status quo.  If all the wealth in the world were to be equally distributed, each of us would be limited to something like $34,000 per year*.  If we want to help everybody, then theoretically we would all have to agree to do that.  I wonder how many first world people would be willing to go along with that idea?

* Edit: Or maybe that would be what each of us would have total, not yearly.  I'll try to find the correct statistic- sorry!

Edit 2:  One stat I found said each of us would have an annual income of around $12,000 to $15,000 USD.  Another just basically said "everyone would be poor."  I imagine that is true.

I mean that's sort of a scary thing about civilization.  If the whole world had the same standard of living as people in 1st world countries, the world couldn't support it.  We'd exhaust whats left of world resource in no time, and extremely hasten global warming.   It only works like it does because the majority of the planet don't have the same standard of living you see in 1st world countries.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:

I mean that's sort of a scary thing about civilization.  If the whole world had the same standard of living as people in 1st world countries, the world couldn't support it.  We'd exhaust whats left of world resource in no time, and extremely hasten global warming.   It only works like it does because the majority of the planet don't have the same standard of living you see in 1st world countries.

That is so true, Zod.  And the thing is, if someone asked who of us in the 1st world would be willing to give up most of what we have to level they playing field world-wide, few of us would raise our hands.  I don't know what the answer is, but sooner or later I would think something has to give because in the times in which we now live, how we in the 1st world live is pretty much transparent over almost all the planet, and naturally everybody wants in.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    So, how can you make people hate immigrants even more?  You tell the public that you have to make budget cuts to pay for the influx of migrants coming to your city/state.

It's good that Mayor Adams announced this as to hold the US govt accountable but, it's doing nothing to help the plight of the people whom aren't happy they are here in the first place.

Amazingly enough the migrants on the scooters all have cell phones.  I find this interesting too.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Oops, clicked on quote post too often, but that seems to be the one thing that never gets talked about in stories about this. No country will ever perfect and some worse than others, but we've never heard a word about these countries fixing the reasons for people wanting to leave in the first place.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    Oops, clicked on quote post too often, but that seems to be the one thing that never gets talked about in stories about this. No country will ever perfect and some worse than others, but we've never heard a word about these countries fixing the reasons for people wanting to leave in the first place.

some can rightly argue , tge US helped foster those environments , either deliberately or inadvertently.  heavy on the former. then once yhe corruption and criminality takes root its tough to get rid of. besides where else is the businesses of the U.S. gonna get all that cheap exploitable labor? theres a reason business in general balked at e-verify so adamantly.....

• Options
    So, how can you make people hate immigrants even more?  You tell the public that you have to make budget cuts to pay for the influx of migrants coming to your city/state.

It's good that Mayor Adams announced this as to hold the US govt accountable but, it's doing nothing to help the plight of the people whom aren't happy they are here in the first place.

Amazingly enough the migrants on the scooters all have cell phones.  I find this interesting too.
    Maybe because you need a phone to have the app to have a job delivering food to people? And maybe they pay for it from their earnings? Want people who provide a service, in other words, “work,” to be off the dole? Pay them more.

The city’s new law which would increase pay for app delivery workers to $17.96 an hour before tips and implement a second raise to almost $20 an hour in April 2025. There are an estimated 60,000 delivery workers in New York who are paid about $11 an hour after tips and expenses, according to the city. The city’s minimum wage is $15 an hour.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-07/nyc-wage-rule-for-delivery-workers-temporarily-halted-by-judge

https://www.reuters.com/technology/doordash-raises-annual-core-profit-forecast-resilient-delivery-demand-2023-05-04/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Maybe because you need a phone to have the app to have a job delivering food to people? And maybe they pay for it from their earnings? Want people who provide a service, in other words, “work,” to be off the dole? Pay them more.

The city’s new law which would increase pay for app delivery workers to $17.96 an hour before tips and implement a second raise to almost $20 an hour in April 2025. There are an estimated 60,000 delivery workers in New York who are paid about $11 an hour after tips and expenses, according to the city. The city’s minimum wage is $15 an hour.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-07/nyc-wage-rule-for-delivery-workers-temporarily-halted-by-judge

https://www.reuters.com/technology/doordash-raises-annual-core-profit-forecast-resilient-delivery-demand-2023-05-04/
    60,000?  Yeah I don't see them raising that hourly rate up.

It's pretty wild that they came here with nothing and have money for phones and scooters, no?  I'm happy they're working if they are and like I said, there will be turf delivery wars soon.

I'm not sure they are even delivery drivers?  They are in these temp shelters for 60 days only so, getting a scooter and a phone is pretty impressive.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

some can rightly argue , tge US helped foster those environments , either deliberately or inadvertently.  heavy on the former. then once yhe corruption and criminality takes root its tough to get rid of. besides where else is the businesses of the U.S. gonna get all that cheap exploitable labor? theres a reason business in general balked at e-verify so adamantly.....
    It's not just exploitable labor anymore.  Skilled and semiskilled work.  Tons of construction companies have them now.  
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

It's not just exploitable labor anymore.  Skilled and semiskilled work.  Tons of construction companies have them now.  
    C’mon, you expect us to believe that every person on a construction site is a documented worker and semi-skilled or skilled ? Even the guy pushing the broom and cleaning up after the skilled trades? You know the guys who pick up scrap wood and shit or walk material from the elevator to the work site within? Or who haul the demo debris to the dumpster or dumpster chute? C’mon man.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Studies show that immigrants account for 63% of New York’s construction workforce and estimates from The Center for Migration Studies (CMS) suggest that approximately 41% of these workers are undocumented.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Studies show that immigrants account for 63% of New York’s construction workforce and estimates from The Center for Migration Studies (CMS) suggest that approximately 41% of these workers are undocumented.

cheaper exploitable labor.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

also a fair point which doesn't get discussed much or any at all, granted I don't read/watch every news story.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    edited September 2023

And where exactly can they find a pay phone?  Nowadays cellphones are necessities, not luxuries.  You’re pissed at the immigrants who were sent there by POS republicans.  god, do we really believe people want to walk and walk and walk, etc. with children and the little belongings they have if not for freedom from fear?  What reason other than freedom would you walk for?  Food and shelter for your family?  Yes we all would.  Put yourself in their shoes, their mindset.  We are clueless.  

How many of us spent thousands to see Pearl Jam the last couple weeks.  Please don’t be mad about a scooter and phone.  
    Post edited by cblock4life on