It's Draft Season!!

nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Okay, so i'm tired of all the bitching and complaining about the quality of seats folks are getting through the 10C, so I figured I would share something with you folks.

Now i'm sure some (or most) of you do something similar, but this is something we have developed over the past few years while on the road with PJ. At first, before every show, we would each write out a setlist that we thought was going to be played. The person that guessed the most songs would win. We usually all pitch in for a t-shirt or something, which the winner would get. However, last year, we thought we needed to spice things up a bit, so we developed a set-list draft.

So first of all, you all draw straws (or somehow figure out your order) and that's the order you pick in. We snake the draft to make it fairly spread out (1st pick, 2nd pick, 3rd pick, 3rd pick, 2nd pick, 1st pick). We then proceed to pick our setlist songs, with each song being picked only once. Now, depending on how many people you have, you may have to adjust the size of your setlist, but we usually vary between 20 or 25 songs. It involves alot of strategy of holding off on "Aces in the hole", but making sure you pick them before anyone else. This is usually done at a bar around the current city, or sometimes done in our hotel with a bottle of wine in hand (EV style).

It's a fantastic way to pregame or get super amped for a show, and if you get first pick, it will be the most excited you've ever been to hear Even Flow :lol: . Current plans for a Boston location is at the Cheers bar. So if you see some setlist writing going on there beforehand, don't be shy to check out our picks.

Enjoy, Sincerely,
Calgary Jamily reigning set-list champion
2005:Calgary, Edmonton
2008:Bonnaroo
2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"