Hi, My Name is Brad, and I'm a Pearl Jamoholic

SJPJSJPJ Posts: 112
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I'm doing 6 shows in 9 days, starting with Bristow and ending with MSG. Everyone at work, family and friends think I'm nuts! They don't understand why I'm going to 6 shows. They always ask,"Don't you get tired of hearing the same songs?' I try and tell them each show is different. My best friend understands, he goes to almost all the shows with me. But am I crazy? Do I need psychiatric help? Please tell me I'm not the only one like this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Hi Brad...

I got the same static from a bunch of people for doing 2 shows in 2 nights...the only static I'll give you is for having the stones to do more shows than me, ya bastard! A wife and 4 kids says 4 extra shows weren't in the budget...this tour. Enjoy the hell out your crazy trip Man...I'm jealous! You are in for a treat Brother - the 2 shows I saw were amazing.

You should start another support group for hopeless Tiger fans...I'd be part of that 12-step program, too. The 90's were shitty...at least we had Pearl Jam to get us through those lean years.
  • SJPJSJPJ Posts: 112
    That's one thing people at my work do say is that, "Well at least you're still single and can do a trip like this now." I really can't wait Black73! Getting stoked! And yes, thank god for PJ in the 90's. I miss the early Trammell/Whitaker days in the 80's for the Tigers. :)
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    Good name...I am Brad, also, and I am a Pearl Jam Jamoholic.
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    edited May 2010
    At the end of this tour... I will be at 77 PEARL JAM shows. Brad... you are soooo. not. alone. ;)
    Post edited by GTFLYGIRL on
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Yeah, 2006 was a cocktease...made me long for Chet Lemon to roam the outfield again.

If the 2 shows I saw are any indication for what you have in store, you're gonna feel like it's 1984 again. Oceans to open Columbus with a cameo by Once, Release to open Noblesville with cameos by Garden and Rats absolutely made the shows for me. Heard they dropped the Leash last night in Cleveland too.

The new stuff is great live too, but that old stuff is what I grew up listening too - it took me back a long ways...thanks for the trip, fellas!
  • Loves_VinylLoves_Vinyl Posts: 85
    Welcome Brad!

Black73 wrote:
    A wife and 4 kids says 4 extra shows weren't in the budget...this tour.

Same boat here. I tried to get 2 more shows out of The Man, but he claims our 4 kids need to eat more than just microwave mac n' cheese and generic Cheerios for dinner. Whatever. Columbus and Cleveland were a blast.
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • SJPJSJPJ Posts: 112
    pjsyco, (Brad) welcome to the group lol!

GTFLYGIRL, WOW! I bow before you. That is awesome! By the end of this tour I'll be close to 30. I gotta sit down and count the correct total. You've been to 50 more shows than me. I'm jealous!!

Black73, Release? Oceans? Damn it! guess i won't be hearing them the rest of the tour. lucky you! That's awesome! And yes 2006 was a cocktease lol