Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    Wobbie said:
    giants kick padres ass but manny and tatis won’t care because they got theirs. padres will never do shit with those me first guys.
    Tatis plays.  Machado plays hard too.  But u r right.  The padres will not win.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,489
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I was in San Diego for work, and I was able to see one of the last spring training games against the Mariners. Beautiful stadium 🏟, beautiful night, but a wee bit chilly.

I was at a Padres game in July the year that ballpark opened and I froze my ass off. It's really cold at night there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    These new uniforms are so, so bad.  Fanatics is awful but they somehow have a monopoly on the merch for every sport it seems.  They're taking over NHL jerseys next season...can't wait to see how they fuck that up.
  • Options
    Planning a baseball trip and looking to go to a Guardians game, football Hall of Fame and Cedar Point. Any Ohio people? Would you recommend staying in Cleveland or on Lake Erie in Sandusky?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    These new uniforms are so, so bad.  Fanatics is awful but they somehow have a monopoly on the merch for every sport it seems.  They're taking over NHL jerseys next season...can't wait to see how they fuck that up.
    They were designed by Nike too.  The material is said to feel cheap and not a $400 jersey.  That was from the players.  Many players aren't happy with them.  It kind of reminds me of when Adidas made the NBA's jerseys and they looked like soccer jerseys, lol.

The logos and lettering are smaller.  The away jerseys appear to be 2 different colors.  Top is sweated and darker where the pants are still the same.

Dont buy them.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Fanatics makes them to Nike's specifications...which are fucking trash. So they are both to blame. Nike has now successfully ruined jerseys in all the major sports (do they do hockey too?).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Fanatics makes them to Nike's specifications...which are fucking trash. So they are both to blame. Nike has now successfully ruined jerseys in all the major sports (do they do hockey too?).
    They take over hockey next year. Fanatics that is.

So they, fanatics, will have a hand in the jerseys, 3 sports trading cards and memorabilia.  You already have to buy game used stuff through them.

The card is what fascinates me.  Fleer and donruss took Topps to court to make cards and now "exclusivity" is ok?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    Wobbie said:
    giants kick padres ass but manny and tatis won’t care because they got theirs. padres will never do shit with those me first guys.
    Tatis plays.  Machado plays hard too.  But u r right.  The padres will not win.
    they play hard for their own numbers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited April 3

So they, fanatics, will have a hand in the jerseys, 3 sports trading cards and memorabilia.  You already have to buy game used stuff through them.

The card is what fascinates me.  Fleer and donruss took Topps to court to make cards and now "exclusivity" is ok?
    They also have their own betting app. Fuck Fanatics. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

They also have their own betting app. Fuck Fanatics. 

You know I spaced that too?!? yeah dude started off w fatheads I think?  Now look at him.

I thought Steiner was horrible for sports memorabilia but Fanatics is saying "hold my beer".
  • Options
    between the shitty uniforms, the economic disparity and the A’s fiasco, I’m pretty down on MLB.

I didn’t think any commissioner could be worse than selig, but I may have been wrong.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Wobbie said:
    between the shitty uniforms, the economic disparity and the A’s fiasco, I’m pretty down on MLB.

It has nothing to do with your Giants being one of the worst teams in MLB out of the gate?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    Wobbie said:

I didn’t think any commissioner could be worse than selig, but I may have been wrong.
    My hope is that the A's owner gets frustrated by the whole process in Las Vegas, which is still not a certainty, and sells to someone (Warrior's owner Joe Lacob) who would find a solution to a stadium in or around Oakland.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Gary Bettman.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Planning a baseball trip and looking to go to a Guardians game, football Hall of Fame and Cedar Point. Any Ohio people? Would you recommend staying in Cleveland or on Lake Erie in Sandusky?

If you are staying at 1 place, Cleveland would be the central place of those 3.  Also, 1,000x more to do in Cleveland than Sandusky.  Decent hotels in Sandusky are also inflated in price.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

My hope is that the A's owner gets frustrated by the whole process in Las Vegas, which is still not a certainty, and sells to someone (Warrior's owner Joe Lacob) who would find a solution to a stadium in or around Oakland.
    yeah, I’ve heard Lacob’s name mentioned.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

It has nothing to do with your Giants being one of the worst teams in MLB out of the gate?
    They’re not good but I wouldn’t call them one of the worst. The early schedule has been tough.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Do any MLB players know how to run the bases? It looks like they just learned how to play baseball. Not to sound like an old fart, but it's a long way since Chase Utley.

• Options
    unless Rendon turns it around, he will be high on the “worst free agent signing” ever list.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    EL91640 said:
    Wobbie said:
    EL91640 said:
    Good to see my Rockies are already in mid-season form 

did their $180m man play? what a clueless franchise.
    May be the worst ownership/front office in pro sports
    The Oakland A’s might like to have a word with you on that. 

yeah...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    to me, this “epidemic” of arm injuries is no great mystery…..kids are being coached to throw as hard as they possibly can from Day One. I doubt Greg Maddux would even get a look these days.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    holy shit. I just realized Steven Stasburg won ONE game and pitched about 30 innings after signing his $245M deal. :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    holy shit. I just realized Steven Stasburg won ONE game and pitched about 30 innings after signing his $245M deal. :tired_face:
    Yeah almost as bad is the Chris Sale deal.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    to me, this “epidemic” of arm injuries is no great mystery…..kids are being coached to throw as hard as they possibly can from Day One. I doubt Greg Maddux would even get a look these days.
    I'm glad you mentioned this.  Maddux could have had a 0.03 era in college and never a sniff because he threw barely over 90.

There is no more finesse pitching.  I told my sister to have her son learn to throw a knuckle ball.  He would get in the majors for sure.

No more painting corners and fat curves.  It's all velocity and speed.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,425
    I remember when a change up was between mid 70s to low 80s mph. Now it's in the low 90s it seems
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Wobbie said:
    I would term Strasburg's deal as significantly worse than Sale's and Sale's was horribly bad. Strasburg received over $8 Million for every inning pitched.
    Sale's deal was for $100 Million less than Strasburg's. He pitched 151 innings for the Sox, is under that contract still for this season with ATL and is currently undefeated. Sale is less than a million per IP and trending lower as this season progresses.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    I would term Strasburg's deal as significantly worse than Sale's and Sale's was horribly bad. Strasburg received over $8 Million for every inning pitched.
    Sale's deal was for $100 Million less than Strasburg's. He pitched 151 innings for the Sox, is under that contract still for this season with ATL and is currently undefeated. Sale is less than a million per IP and trending lower as this season progresses.
    lol I should have wrote that better, yes, Stras contract is by far worse.  Sale comes in a close second.  Does DeGrom come in third now?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    lol I should have wrote that better, yes, Stras contract is by far worse.  Sale comes in a close second.  Does DeGrom come in third now?
    are they all hard throwers?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    are they all hard throwers?
    Who isn't anymore?  You brought up the Maddux wouldnt be looked at.