Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    Hader: too much money; too many years, IMO.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Wobbie said:
    Agree to a certain extent. I am happy that Crane woke up and did something, though. Need to lock in Tucker, Bregman and Altuve. Altuve will definitely stay, but I think they'll lose one of the other 2. Ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Investigation on Wander is in.

He is done.

He will be in prison.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Agree to a certain extent. I am happy that Crane woke up and did something, though. Need to lock in Tucker, Bregman and Altuve. Altuve will definitely stay, but I think they'll lose one of the other 2. Ugh.
    Giants won 3 WS with 3 different closers. None were big money. The Giants one shot a high dollar closer was a disaster (armando benitez). It is my belief it is best to just “find a guy” and put him in the role.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Giants won 3 WS with 3 different closers. None were big money. The Giants one shot a high dollar closer was a disaster (armando benitez). It is my belief it is best to just “find a guy” and put him in the role.
    The Mets tried that with disastrous results.

The Halos have yet to find a guy...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,465
    Beltre I get. The other 2 were iffy. But they got in.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    And still no Andruw Jones.  😞 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    Seems to me the standards are getting lower to get in. Some odd parameters. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    How the hell is Billy Wagner that close to being a HoFer? He was a major choker.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I like the 3 they voted in and have no issues with those left out, if steroids are still reason to keep them out.  Beltre was rumored but never caught, I believe.   He was badass defender and hitter, though.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    igotid88 said:
    And still no Andruw Jones.  😞 

hey if Rolen got in Helton should be in (which I stated before).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,465
    I like the 3 they voted in and have no issues with those left out, if steroids are still reason to keep them out.  Beltre was rumored but never caught, I believe.   He was badass defender and hitter, though.

Piazza was too but he was voted in. David Ortiz was voted in. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Piazza was too but he was voted in. David Ortiz was voted in. 
    and pudge and bagwell.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    How the hell is Billy Wagner that close to being a HoFer? He was a major choker.
    He was an elite reliver for many years.  He is one I would have voted in.  Helton?  Nope.  Beltre, yes.  Mauer? Nope.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    100%.  I would not have voted for them.

Wheres @xavier mcdaniel our resident baseball expert?
  • Options
    He was an elite reliver for many years.  He is one I would have voted in.  Helton?  Nope.  Beltre, yes.  Mauer? Nope.
    "elite reliever" guy who pitches one inning and chokes when it really matters - Is Kimbrel a HoFer too?

Don't make me bestow the name "Tempos" on bad takes Mister! ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    edited January 25
    "elite reliever" guy who pitches one inning and chokes when it really matters - Is Kimbrel a HoFer too?

Kimbrel isn't even close to Wagner, stop it.
    Edit: Wagner at least pitched in a different, more difficult era, how about that?
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I agree. He should get in & the fact that it's taken this long is silly. I would have voted for Wagner, Beltre & Mauer.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258

Should we start a 1-5 tempo take scale?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    edited January 25
    Poncier said:

greatest mascot in the world.  and you people would be better off hearing more of my opinions.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

greatest mascot in the world.  and you people would be better off hearing more of my opinions.  
    But what about tempo's opinions?
    We need some 5 tempo takes:

• Options
    Poncier said:

My apologies as you two are the baseball end all be all gods, I didn't realize whom I was talking to...
  • Options
    Some six-year old stitched that ratty thing together...

• Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

tempo IS A hot takes kind of guy….but he keeps things lively!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:

My apologies as you two are the baseball end all be all gods, I didn't realize whom I was talking to...
    I wasn't even part of the conversation, just tried to interject some humor.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I wasn't even part of the conversation, just tried to interject some humor.
    Very well then, I change my statement to (god), lol.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

This is funny as hell actually.

So guru, who would u have voted for?

• Options
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Not sure if I'm guru or not, but of the guys on this year's ballot I'd have put in:
    ARoid
    Money Ramirez
    Beltre

Helton I'm a no. More deserving than a Harold Baines, but still not quite HoF material.
    Mauer a maybe because he was a catcher for a good chunk of his career which has to account for something, otherwise his stats would keep him out IMO.

Also, I'd have written in Clemens and Bonds. Those 2 not in Cooperstown is just wrong. There are definitely some juicers in there (Griffey, Piazza, Pudge Rodriguez), so no reason to exclude the 2 best players from the era.

As for Wagner, looking at the small number of closer who've been inducted, I don't think Wagner measures up.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Not sure if I'm guru or not, but of the guys on this year's ballot I'd have put in:
    ARoid
    Money Ramirez
    Beltre

Helton I'm a no. More deserving than a Harold Baines, but still not quite HoF material.
    Mauer a maybe because he was a catcher for a good chunk of his career which has to account for something, otherwise his stats would keep him out IMO.

Also, I'd have written in Clemens and Bonds. Those 2 not in Cooperstown is just wrong. There are definitely some juicers in there (Griffey, Piazza, Pudge Rodriguez), so no reason to exclude the 2 best players from the era.

As for Wagner, looking at the small number of closer who've been inducted, I don't think Wagner measures up.
    Oh, and just to keep on theme, that would be a 5 Poncier take.

• Options
    Losing track of who did and didn't juice...

I'd have voted for Mauer, Beltre, Sheffield. And Utley & Rollins but I'm definitely biased there. No pitchers? Well none of 'em deserve it!

You can use this for my takes. Here's Johnny!